Death comes from Above

I´m not a Demoness player (yet), but can´t she summon several of these flying pentagrams? Ok, you need Sacred Reborn though.

Rune drop has massively increased with the new versions, so it shouldn´t be a problem to level up that pentagram-spell quickly.

A speedy horse, combined with the flying pentagrams.... give it a try. You dodge, and the pentagrams fight.

• Like! 1
12 hours ago, Therion X said:

Well I don't know, could be many things. :dntknw:

Do you have a good portion of Fire base damage? The more of it Infernal Power can boost, the better. Mouse-over your damages in the inventory/stat screen and see which damage types constitute how much of your total damage.

Do you have Infernal Power boosted properly? The higher you have that (while still having regeneration below duration), the more boost your Damage and Attack can get.

Do you have appropriate Attack values after casting Infernal Power? Keep in mind that raw base Attack is usually better than %-bonus to it, even more so as you increase Infernal Power. Mouse-over the last-killed enemy in your inventory/stat screen, or look at your latest enemies killed in your log book to get an estimation how you fare in terms of chance to hit.

What's your Soaring Demon level? It does start relatively sluggish, with small radius and not too amazing damage/attack bonus.

Maybe it's indeed some bug, maybe you've accidentally changed some overly important piece of equipment., maybe you've just hit some dead end in terms of too low gear... Hard to say going by what little info you gave us :blush:

But I'd second Flix' notion, and would gladly check it out myself, if you were to upload it.

I can't speak about mods though, never tried any.

Oh, sorry. Why didn't I think about that in the first place? I was of course oriented toward boosting fire damage as much as possible but since that didn't work I decided to switch to physical boosts, to no avail. Soaring Demon is level 12, not that much I guess...

I had to rar the thing because attachments cannot be larger than 2mb.

Sorry I couldn't take any screenshots for some reason

GAME01.rar

5 hours ago, Sagittary said:

Oh, sorry. Why didn't I think about that in the first place? I was of course oriented toward boosting fire damage as much as possible but since that didn't work I decided to switch to physical boosts, to no avail. Soaring Demon is level 12, not that much I guess...

I had to rar the thing because attachments cannot be larger than 2mb.

Sorry I couldn't take any screenshots for some reason

GAME01.rar

Oh wow, seems like Dragons have no weaknesses at all with that mod :blink:

Well, whether you want to farm for better equipment first, or restart, is up to you. The best I can offer are some general tips to keep in mind.

1. Click the Attributes bar near the top of the inventory/stat screen to switch between the two - you have a lot of stat points to spend (1 per levelup) :smile:

2. I realize it might be hard or even annoying to build up good amounts of non-physical damage in the early game, as the proportions of damage types generally shifts towards non-physical as you get to higher levels. That's true for common, magic and rare items, Sets and Uniques have fix proportions. I'd still recommend, on a purely theoretical basis without crunching any numbers (that's really not my nature ^^) though, to prioritize Fire damage over raw total damage for Infernal Power to boost. If you're in doubt, just check your damage before and after casting Infernal Power and see how it plays out. Even a lower total damage, with a greater portion of Fire damage can be more useful because most enemies tend to have mostly physical resistances, with one or two prominent secondary types.

For the Dragon specifically, I would assume it doesn't even make any difference, what damage you deal as the icons seem pretty much equally bright, meaning the resistances are about equally distributed. But considering your current situation there, I'm at a loss to be honest. :blush:

3. Don't read all the runes to increase all the Combat Arts. Before you know it, you will hardly get any rune drops anymore because Sacred Underworld has this strange system which nets you fewer and fewer rune drops as you read more and more runes. Granted, this can be marginally counteracted with Magic Find if I remember right, but that's nothing easily accessible in Singleplayer, so always be conservative to be on the safe side; stick to a few Combat Arts and make a priority list about which to boost primarily, secondarily etc.

About your initial post; "Using the veteranmod or not, same difference. Could it be a bug?"

That's not a bug, but a quirk, a feature, call it what you want, by the save system I think. I don't have any mods, and D'Cay as well as a few skeletons near your save position were definitely far stronger than they normally are. I've exported the Daemoness and tried it out in LAN (with my normal game assets), and it went alright. Still rather low damage and attack though.

shot0000.thumb.jpg.1106da78b418037cd6df8a6cad4aaeb7.jpg

That's all I can think of, hope that gave you at least some useful pointers.

• Respect! 1

I second TherionX. There´s no way you can win. For me, it smells like a leftover from Veteran mod maybe.

I exported your Demoness and restarted the game, made it to the Desert Dragon and the Dragon´s resistances

were "normal", if you want it that way.

Suggestion: Save your hero, reinstall the game.

Besides, you did not spend a single attribute point. That´s what you should definitely do. Klick "Skills" in your

Demons´ character screen.

• Like! 1
50 minutes ago, Dax said:

I second TherionX. There´s no way you can win. For me, it smells like a leftover from Veteran mod maybe.

(...)

Suggestion: Save your hero, reinstall the game.

(...)

Well I mean the Dragon's stats, as well as those of the few nearby skeletons were likely saved into the save file. And Dragons, at least in the campaigns, are static as far as I remember; meaning once you "discover" them for the first time, they'll forever stay as they were at that point of first discovery. (notice how the dragon is only lv40? indicates to me that he's been struggling with it for quite a few levels already)

So no need to reinstall anything, just maybe export and restart the campaign with the exported char, or start all over, if Sagittary doesn't want to farm better gear in the current state.

Edited by Therion X
45 minutes ago, Therion X said:

Well I mean the Dragon's stats, as well as those of the few nearby skeletons were likely saved into the save file. And Dragons, at least in the campaigns, are static as far as I remember; meaning once you "discover" them for the first time, they'll forever stay as they were at that point of first discovery. (notice how the dragon is only lv40? indicates to me that he's been struggling with it for quite a few levels already)

So no need to reinstall anything, just maybe export and restart the campaign with the exported char, or start all over, if Sagittary doesn't want to farm better gear in the current state.

Yeah exactly, when I exported Daemon and ran the no-mod launcher the Dragon was a piece of cake. And as you say, it is how it is because once discovered, that is once spawned, Dragon's stats remain the same no matter what.  I know cuz this time I've made a save right before discovering D'Cay, and was able to test it out. ReBorn mod is the optimum difficulty and Veteran is once again impossible. And yes, I've been all the way back to north-west end of the map and back again since I met this fella. :lol:
At this point I seem to have that one choice of starting silver again OR, maybe there's a cheat of some kind allowing me to kill that bugger instantly, then continue with ReBorn mod?
Any ideas?

About skill points: OMG I totally forgot about that!(as you guessed), oh it's been a long while.
About Combat Arts: Well do you mean, basically I should have just avoided all the other spells, except Descent and Infernal:) Or maybe even refrain from leveling those too? If I remember correctly I may have put just one point into all the others, just to check them out...

And when you talk about "farming better gear", I just don't see it happening, no matter how much time I spend looking for a better equipment.
Lastly, as I'm not really used to that kind of over the top gameplay; I wonder how much time should I spend on looting good gear along the way... doesn't seem like much of a fun to me. But hey, maybe that's what you actually do? What do I know? :3lmao:

Thank you guys so much, both of you. Looks like there's a real nice community here :))

27 minutes ago, Sagittary said:

Yeah exactly, when I exported Daemon and ran the no-mod launcher the Dragon was a piece of cake. And as you say, it is how it is because once discovered, that is once spawned, Dragon's stats remain the same no matter what

I'm late to the party, but I had the same result using your savegame.  It seems some enemy data is somehow stored in the savegame file so even when switching mods on/off the Dragon is still impossible because it's still using Veteran mod stats.

I suppose you could always export your Daemon then restart Silver under Sacred Reborn.  I can't think of any cheat codes that would kill an enemy but they might exist.

• Thanks! 1
44 minutes ago, Sagittary said:

(...)
About Combat Arts: Well do you mean, basically I should have just avoided all the other spells, except Descent and Infernal:) Or maybe even refrain from leveling those too? If I remember correctly I may have put just one point into all the others, just to check them out...

And when you talk about "farming better gear", I just don't see it happening, no matter how much time I spend looking for a better equipment.
Lastly, as I'm not really used to that kind of over the top gameplay; I wonder how much time should I spend on looting good gear along the way... doesn't seem like much of a fun to me. But hey, maybe that's what you actually do? What do I know? :3lmao:

Thank you guys so much, both of you. Looks like there's a real nice community here :))

About runes read: Don't worry about the current state, a handful of runes won't ruin anything. I mainly mentioned it because I'm always thinking towards endgame, meaning level 140 minimum... guess old habits die hard :smile:

And to be honest, I haven't touched or even finished the campaign mode. Ever. Briefly started it when I first got the game in 2005 or 2006, I vaguely remember having to go to some Cave in Zhurag-Nar, and that was it. I lived on the Hardcore servers, and even today only play LAN (the free-fore-all mode), because once you get used to storage chars, having the nice items ready, moving items back and forth etc., you'll have a hard time going back to fully self-sufficient characters :blush:

So, other than something like "Do what you must, within what you deem bearable", I couldn't even tell you anything useful about farming, since that's all I do while leveling.

edit: However, that veteran mod seems interesting. I think I'll give it a try some time. So thank you for that :lol:

Edited by Therion X
  • Appreciation 1
16 hours ago, MetaL said:

I made a little hack for you - just reduced current D'Cay's health to 1, it should resolve a problem with killing. Be fast, cause she generates about 6 health per second, so you may be need to do more than 1 hit.

GAME01.rar

Dang, Metal u rok

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
On 11/10/2019 at 12:11 AM, MetaL said:

It's because you play Veteran mod. In this mod dragon's stats greatly boosted. Veteran mod is not about balance, it's all about difficulty, so it's extra-hard to kill veteran-dragons without right and well prepared gear.

Returning into classic Sacred didn't help because almost all enemy's stats saved in save-file as they were during the saving.

I made a little hack for you - just reduced current D'Cay's health to 1, it should resolve a problem with killing. Be fast, cause she regenerates about 6 health per second, so you may be need to do more than 1 hit.

GAME01.rar

Wow man, thank you so so much! You kinda saved my Sacred life!(what a pun). Least to say I owe you one ;)

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

test

test what? How can I help you, gogo?

Did you check your damage types? Are your reg times within reason? Remember to make the Lv1 combo with Soaring Demon. etc. etc.

Speak to me, don't be shy. :lol::tongue2:

Kidding aside, is anything wrong?

• Appreciation 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly, I had to restart playing Silver anyway, cuz the next dragon was also invincible, and it appears that they all receive stats at the beginning  of campaign.
Anyway, today I was listening to this album and ironically, it has a song called Death from Above. Neat soundtrack for bestowing terror upon the Orcs!

D*mn, I listened to such music decades ago. Do you know the band "Turmoil"? Their music might fit your taste:

I personally prefer "Overture to the sun" from Stanley Kubricks "A Clockwork Orange" when I´m going after orcs and gobs.

Edited by Dax