Runemaster's Son Quest Reward

They're actually statically assigned, the same way the runes that pop out of the chest near where each character starts are also static.  Sacred 2 doesn't support random rewards very much.

I learned this because I went through each character's rune rewards in order to adjust them for D2F.  I don't have a master list on hand though.

• Like! 1

Actually the reason I'm asking is to build a starting rune repository and I want to omit the static starting runes and only use the rest. I'll probably do test runs and post the result here. Maybe we can add that to the quest wiki page even.

Good question indeed! However, I did this quest in Free Play LAN a few times to test it, for now on 2 characters, a Seraphim and a Dryad. All runs gave me the exact 2 runes you get from the starting chest early on in the game (For Dryad I got Sinister Predator rune and a Ravaged Impact one while on Seraphim I got a Battle Stance and sadly, I forgot the other one's name :huh:)

I don't think this is a rule but based on the quest's fixed rewarding at completion, I think this are the 2 runes we get from doing it.

*Edit: Sorry if I'm contradicting myself or so but I'm typing this after a 4 hours sleep last night, hehe :D 

Edited by RavenLight

I have gathered that information for three classes so far. @RavenLight I added those you got for your Dryad.

Seraphim
Start Skill: Pelting Strikes
Runemaster's Son: Battle Stance, Cleansing Brilliance
Start Chest: Battle Stance, Archangels Wrath

Dragon Mage
Start Skill: Mind Blast
Runemaster's Son: Familiar, Runes of Protection
Start Chest: Familiar, Dragon's Berserk

Shadow Warrior
Start Skill: Demonic Blow
Runemaster's Son: Grim Resilience, Nether Allegiance
Start Chest: Grim Resilience, Belligerent Vault

Dryad
Start Skill: Twisted Torment
Runemaster's Son:
Start Chest: Sinister Predator, Ravaged Impact

Temple Guardian
Start Skill: Dedicated Blow
Runemaster's Son:
Start Chest:  

High Elf
Start Skill: Ancestral Fireball
Runemaster's Son:
Start Chest:  

Inquisitor
Start Skill: Ruthless Mutilation
Runemaster's Son: Purifying Chastisement, Dislodged Spirit
Start Chest: Purifying Chastisement, Levin Array

Edit: Updated Inquisitor and added start skills for each class.

Edited by ameaeth
  • Like! 1
8 hours ago, ameaeth said:

I have gathered that information for three classes so far. @RavenLight I added those you got for your Dryad.

Seraphim
Runemaster's Son: Battle Stance, Cleansing Brilliance
Start Chest: Battle Stance, Archangels Wrath

Dragon Mage
Runemaster's Son: Familiar, Runes of Protection
Start Chest: Familiar, Dragon's Berserk

Shadow Warrior
Runemaster's Son: Grim Resilience, Nether Allegiance
Start Chest: Grim Resilience, Belligerent Vault

Dryad
Runemaster's Son:
Start Chest: Sinister Predator, Ravaged Impact

Temple Guardian
Runemaster's Son:
Start Chest:  

High Elf
Runemaster's Son:
Start Chest:  

Inquisitor
Runemaster's Son:
Start Chest: 

As far as I can see from the info gathered by you, you'll always get the same buff from both the starting chest and Runemaster's Son quest. However, the other rune seems to be different from the starting chest. I was 50% right about it at least hehe :D I don't have my PC that has Sacred 2 installed at the moment, I would've checked the start chests for all the characters for you to partially fill some info here and there

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Raven, no worries, I'll fill the blanks when I come across the information. I added some new data  to the list. :)

If anyone likes to share some of the missing points or sees incorrect information, please let me know.

Edited by ameaeth