Sacred Swedish Localisation

Hey, I was wondering - does anyone happen to have a Swedish version of Sacred Underworld by any chance? And if someone has it, could you, please, upload the global.res file from it, which can be found in the "scripts" subfolder of the main game folder?

Thanks for the reply Flix! I had also thought that there was no Swedish localization initially but then I discovered a couple of things that made me think there could be one:

1. Turns out Sacred was translated into a whole bunch of languages besides those you mentioned. For example, Italian, Polish, Hungarian and a few others. Not sure whether those were official localizations but the translations do exist and it doesn't really matter to me anyway whether the Swedish localization is official or not if it also exists.

2. There's a Quickstart.pdf file in my Sacred Gold Steam folder that contains the keyboard shortcuts info for the game in English and in a few other languages, including Swedish. That's an official document from Ascaron so I guess it suggests that even an official Swedish localization might exist after all.

• Like! 1

A lot of games had keyboard layouts with overlayed shortcuts you could print and lay beside your keyboard. Some games used keypress code and not ascii code. So with a german QWERTZU keyboard you had to press Z for the Y in game, the german german and the swiss german keyboard are identical except the swiss has a . on the numberpad and the german one a ,

Lot of frustrating little differences in international keyboard layouts.

I think I still have a printed keyboard shortcut for a game which you could glue on the keyboard from good old Amiga times.

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

A lot of games had keyboard layouts with overlayed shortcuts you could print and lay beside your keyboard. Some games used keypress code and not ascii code. So with a german QWERTZU keyboard you had to press Z for the Y in game, the german german and the swiss german keyboard are identical except the swiss has a . on the numberpad and the german one a ,

Lot of frustrating little differences in international keyboard layouts.

I think I still have a printed keyboard shortcut for a game which you could glue on the keyboard from good old Amiga times.

Yeah, I guess that's the reason for that shortcut document. I thought it was a long shot that the Swedish localization existed and that someone from Sweden still had the game and read the forum here after all these years but oh well, I had to try asking :)

Thanks for the input anyway!

• Like! 1
58 minutes ago, Inspired said:

Yeah, I guess that's the reason for that shortcut document. I thought it was a long shot that the Swedish localization existed and that someone from Sweden still had the game and read the forum here after all these years but oh well, I had to try asking :)

Thanks for the input anyway!

hmmm I wish I could filter members by their flags..it would be an awesome way of seeing who here would have been playing Swedish!

:D

gogo

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

hmmm I wish I could filter members by their flags..it would be an awesome way of seeing who here would have been playing Swedish!

:D

gogo

Yes, I didn't find a way to do it either :( Would've been great though!