Csaszar's Hybrid Dark Elf

I wrote this guide earlier but I updated it to the new standards.

It could be possibility happening that I do errors and spelling things bad I dont want but happens it could*****. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Weapon Master and Shadow Hunter of the lightless caverns of Ancaria - The Hybrid Dark Elf :o

Well if you choose to play a Dark Elf then you are creating the most powerful char in the game*. If you do things right you will excel in every important aspect of the game. You will have really high defense and attack, very nice Hit Points and one of the best damage in game**.

This build is aimed at multiplayer but with minor changes u could play it at single too.

STATS:

You will need to increase only one stat and that is Phys Regen. All the other stats can be increased through item bonuses (phys regen too) and you don't need to put points in them. All points in one stat means a real and visible increase. Why phys regen? Thats the stat what lowers the regeneration of your Combat Arts (both melee and traps) and it gives you Hit Points as well.

SKILLS:

Trap Lore and Ballistics Its pretty obvious that u need to put skill points in these skills. Put a few points in them as soon as possible. At early lvls increase trap lore more and later some points into Ballistics. Get both skills to at least level 80. (trap lore could be increased more)

Constitution Put as much point in as possible till you see very little increase.

Armor Put as much point in as possible till you see very little increase.

Parry Some items and sets have nice bonuses to it so u don't need to allocate too much skill points. You will mostly use a weapon + shield combo so parry could really be useful.

Weapon Lore Your trap damage will benefit from this skill so its useful to increase it.

Blade Combat Dont forget that this is a hybrid build. You need this skill to efectively wield your fearful Dark Elf Blades. (see Tharkane's compendium for more info)

Concentration Its the second skill (beside blade combat) needed for your melee side. It lowers regen time of your melee Combat Arts and also helps with the PAK Combat Arts.

COMBAT ARTS:

Poison Mist Yeah thats the CA u will use mostly for killing the evil guys. At lower lvls read only 1 rune and raise it through items or runes. This way you will have low regen time. As you gain lvls and better equipment you could raise it slowly. U would feel the right time when you could begin reading all PM runes u could find.

Testosterone A wonderful CA that boosts your poison damage. It raises your attack too. Testo has a WONDERFUL duration (Battle Mage buffs wont suck that much with this kind a duration) Read as much runes as you could.

Adrenaline A wonderful CA that boosts your defense rating. Adre has a WONDERFUL duration. Read as much runes as you could.

Attack CA While melee I advise use this CA for 'Crush Kill n Destroy'. If you make this right 2 handed Glads (sorry r00) Vampires (except my UNORTHODOX Vampire :o ) wont even near your damage. Read 1 rune and get the the others from item bonuses.

Basically depending on these skills the game could be Managed nicely. Of course there are some other support CAs that could be useful too.

Confusion and Battle Fog. Both skills are used to confuse enemies and render them unable to attack you or defend against you. Sounds nice but you want KILL them. In most cases your enemies will be dead in a few secs so no real need to use these CAs. At lower lvls they could prove useful - if u increase them heavily. IMHO increasing Testosterone (and Adrenaline) will get you further. BUT for the FUN FACTOR*** they are pretty useful.

the PAK CAs - Magic Deflection and Projectile Deflection. If you plan to play in an area which has many archers or mages u definitely need these CAs. Really worth read some runes. My DE has around 150 lvls of these CAs (depending on item config). If you plan to play many in the new areas of UW u wont see too much archers or mages.

Soul Catcher Absorbs the life of the fallen enemies to restore your life energy. Pretty and nice CA but not too much use. Some items could have large bonuses for it and then (and only then) its worth to raise it. With an average amount of life leech u wont be more than OK without this CA. It has Good duration. (if high enough) If you are supported with enough runes and maximized every other really useful CA you could try to raise this one.

Mongoose Read a rune at the start ASAP. It will help u cross rivers and some obstacles.

Explosive Charge and Bottomless Pit If you feel yourself bored with PM use these CAs for a while. You will get quickly back to Poison Mist though :) No real need to raise or use them.****

ITEMS:

Mainly use any stuff u think will benefit you. Some sets and uniques are really great for DE so I mention a few. These are the pieces I liked to wear when played with my DE (You don't need to use exactly these equipment)

Sets:

Mostly I like wearing full sets but in the case of our DE I discourage you to do that. A carefully selected mixed unique/set/rare equipment will get you much more bonuses and overall would be far more useful.

Ethan Rhy's Shining Custody - Armor. MF (magic find) on it.

Ethan Rhy's Sneaky Enchantment - Amulet. Good fire resist + bonus to xp

Huron's Dark Crown - Helm. Nice bonus to regen special move + split + bonus to PM + points to ballistics

Huron's Eternal Pillars - Shoulder Guard. Regen special move + points to trap lore + a nice amount to critical

Cordell's Greaves - Greaves. Bonus to speed, constitution and strength. It has also MF on it.

Cordell's Dagger - Fist Blade. At lower lvls it is very useful. 3 socket + life leech + bonus to poison mist

D'Brae bracer (Hell steel I think) is one of the best choices for a bracer. It gives life leech and bonus to PM.

Uniques:

Ice Brackets - Bracer. A very good item - my favorite. It gives a huge bonus to MF and some bonus to Battle Fog.

Gordars Metal Gauntlets of Rampage - Gauntlet. A good gauntlet with 2 socket and life leech.

Dexter's Chrysopras - Ring. The dream of all trapper DEs. Seek it trade for it beg for it kill for it :)

It has a huge bonus to PM a moderate bonus to ALL CA a nice bonus to poison damage.

High Shield of the Dark Elves - Shield. A very nice bonus to xp + bonus to endurance + bonus to the PAK CAs

Well simply wonderful for lvling purposes.

Spiral of Falling Arts - Amulet. Bonus to PM (and other trap CAs).

Ornate Axe of Resting - Axe. It has very nice bonuses to regen special move, life leech and xp. (I used this axe together with High Shield)

I wont mention more equipment. If u could get these you will be OK. If not then u will be OK too. :)

For BELT and BOOTS I always used rare ones with socket and huge amount of Regen special move and/or Phys regen.

And thats it. If you play multiplayer you will level your char fast to niob difficulty. For me the real challenge always begins there. With this build you will find much fun a feeling of power ;)

THE FUN FACTOR

When I first tried Ethan Rys set I was dissapointed with the invisibility bonus. It wasnt a true invisibility and when you stopped next to a monster it spotted you right away. Now Ethan is much much better. It gives you complete invisibility until you attack or use a CA. That means you can explore, escape, get near to a monster (monster group) without noticed. If you attack and spotted you could halt your actions to regain invisibility. The enemies who spotted you will have one attack one you after that they cant see you.

Ethans set isnt the most powerful set or combination for your char but it is really useful. I suggest you build 2 or more set of outfit for your char. One for pure trapper one full ethan for your melee or you could make a full Ethan socketed for trapper business. Either way Ethan - seeing just the numbers and calculation - isnt the best set for you. But it helps greatly enjoy the game - and thats our ultimate goal right? Besides Dark Elves are sooooooo powerful :) you will manage easily with this hindrace.

* Of course thats my opinion only - but there are facts to proove it :o

** Under special conditions more builds can reach higher damage. But overall DE has the best damage potential and the ability to do it continously.

*** FUN FACTOR is inmportant part of this build. Thats why we do it hybrid.

**** Dark Elves based on this chars could be also pretty fearful and powerful. Just simply not that good as PM.

***** Forgive me for the grammatical errors and misspellings. My native language isn't english.

Edited by Csaszar
  • 1 year later...

I really like this build, I have a level 58 DE in Platinum on SP with this sort of build, I used the basic idea of your build (and I am new of course) so I figured it would give me a good backbone for a DE, and wow this build is definately very fun, I've tried 2 make new characters and they lasted about 2 minutes. My DE is so fun, appreciate your post on this, I found it very helpful. Hopefully someday I can meet you in multiplayer when I get gold.

Welcome to Darkmatters, Misery!

Csaszar has written some very well-written and powerful builds for Sacred 2. Have a gander through the builds, you'll find excellent work done by him for seraphims, dwarfs, dark elves.

Glad you're enjoying the game, enjoy the boards.

:P

gogo

well I havent been playin much but I just hit level 63 in platinum, just about 2 finish act 1, with I think all 4 pages of quests (idk if there is more or not) and im only on SP on sacred plus atm, eventually I will play multiplayer, but I do have 1 question, am I able to transfer my saved DE to sacred gold when I get it? and also, will I be able to import my DE to multiplayer in the future or will I have to remake?

and thanks for the welcome, this game is very fun (its time consuming, and with school and community service and my gf, its hard to put much time into it), but other than that, when I do get the chance to play it is definately very fun, any1 looking for a fun DE guide, this is definately a 100% best I have tried. I love this build.

Although I am new, I would recommend this build to any1.

on platinum the mosters are roughly 81-85 and I was level 58 2 hitting them with this spec with PM. (test buffed) idk if that is any good, but it seems decent to me :) thanks again csas for the build.

hopefully ill see you all in MP someday soon :)

happy playing guys

well I havent been playin much but I just hit level 63 in platinum, just about 2 finish act 1, with I think all 4 pages of quests (idk if there is more or not) and im only on SP on sacred plus atm, eventually I will play multiplayer, but I do have 1 question, am I able to transfer my saved DE to sacred gold when I get it? and also, will I be able to import my DE to multiplayer in the future or will I have to remake?

and thanks for the welcome, this game is very fun (its time consuming, and with school and community service and my gf, its hard to put much time into it), but other than that, when I do get the chance to play it is definately very fun, any1 looking for a fun DE guide, this is definately a 100% best I have tried. I love this build.

Although I am new, I would recommend this build to any1.

on platinum the mosters are roughly 81-85 and I was level 58 2 hitting them with this spec with PM. (test buffed) idk if that is any good, but it seems decent to me :) thanks again csas for the build.

hopefully ill see you all in MP someday soon :)

happy playing guys

Hi Misery

The original Sacred was my love for a good number of years. Made countless friends, drank many beers (server parties.... :)) and actually the SIF (Sacred International Forum) was actually the first forum I ever posted on. An addiction was born. I bought the original Sacred after seeing it's performance on a mid level desktop at the time...the demo blew me away...being able to use bows while firing from a moving horse sold it to me in a quick second. It was a tough game, much to learn, and there are still lots of mysteries left in the old game. Glad you're getting to play, though I must say I'm not playing the original anymore...Sacred 2 has stolen this year's heart and soul. If you're thinking of getting the game, have a look up for our clan on the servers.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

I will try sacred Gold which is on its way to my house now, I will try that for a little while, if I end up getting real into it, I may get Sacred 2, which sounds interesting, and if I do, I will definately search you all up, this may sound stupid.... but what is your guild name? so I can keep it in mind if I do end up gettin Sacred 2

currently level 64 now, monsters are at level 90-100 now... gettin a bit harder, but still possible.... having fun for sure.

happy playing guys

hope to see you all in Sacred 2 someday, maybe when I get good enough I could join your guild someday.

later all, off 2 bed.

*EDIT*

On MP if I do ever meet you all, the account name will not be Misery as it is already taken on Sacred Gold, as it may be on Sacred 2

so I will make sure to add this information later on when I make an MP account name that I am satisfied with :)

Edited by Misery
  • 7 years later...

Well, I don know if someone will awnser this, but can I go for DW with this build? It seems way more cool and I will look like Illidan :P

Hope there is still someone here

Hi Niarcus

There are a few few people around on the boards, I'm hoping someone who's had some experience with this build can perhaps help you out, as I've never really played Dark Elf

and welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

I don't see why not.....maybe just drop Mongoose for DW....Mongoose is nice in a few places but you will rarely ever use....DW is definitely viable. You'll lose some on defense with no shield but you'll get extra offense in exchange

• Like! 1

Well, I don know if someone will awnser this, but can I go for DW with this build? It seems way more cool and I will look like Illidan :P

Sure you can, no problem. Since you'll play more offensively with two weapons you can shift your defensive from resistances+defense to damage out+life leech. Might wanna consider picking Agility instead of Parry though as many if not most highlvl enemies don't care about your defense anyway, unless it's abnormally high.

This build has gigantic damage potential, I've played several of these up to lvl180+ in the old HC days and came to the conclusion that you don't actually need parry, agility, armor and even constitution. If you get comfy with that aggressive damage+life leech approach, your immortality becomes a simple matter of timing :lol:

That is, with great equipment and CA levels of course; wouldn't want to lure you into a death trap there :blush:

A self-found build like this might actually turn out to be a little more challenging in earlier levels, but will ultimately turn out to be just as devastating.

• Like! 1

Sure you can, no problem. Since you'll play more offensively with two weapons you can shift your defensive from resistances+defense to damage out+life leech. Might wanna consider picking Agility instead of Parry though as many if not most highlvl enemies don't care about your defense anyway, unless it's abnormally high.

This build has gigantic damage potential, I've played several of these up to lvl180+ in the old HC days and came to the conclusion that you don't actually need parry, agility, armor and even constitution. If you get comfy with that aggressive damage+life leech approach, your immortality becomes a simple matter of timing :lol:

That is, with great equipment and CA levels of course; wouldn't want to lure you into a death trap there :blush:

A self-found build like this might actually turn out to be a little more challenging in earlier levels, but will ultimately turn out to be just as devastating.

Therion!

Always awesome seeing you here on the boards...man of a thousand builds!

Thanks for the helpful post

gogo

I don't see why not.....maybe just drop Mongoose for DW....Mongoose is nice in a few places but you will rarely ever use....DW is definitely viable. You'll lose some on defense with no shield but you'll get extra offense in exchange

heh, Knuckles, I thought of you right off hoping that you'd see this question, always remember those hours on the server with your Dark Elf

gogo

Wow, so many people here, thanks for answering. After this, I've decided to pick DW. I'm going fine with the mobs on silver, just having a tough time with dragons and other bosses. I think it will get better at higher levels, since I'm 29 by now.

Thanks again :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, hello again, I have a new question.

Could I replace Parry for Trade? I only have the 50th skill slot left and wonder if doing this change affects too much the power of this.

You guys are amazing :D

• Like! 1

Not sure if I'll be a big help here as I rarely used either. If doing Hardcore I would definitely go with Parry, but otherwise I might go with Trade.

Here's the Wiki page with descriptions of Skills

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Skills

If going with trade I would go and complete the Goods Messenger quest...long a favorite of any shopper, it places 2 merchants side by side in Braverock upon completion of quest, making shopping sooooooooooooo much easier/quicker

• Like! 1

If going with trade I would go and complete the Goods Messenger quest...long a favorite of any shopper, it places 2 merchants side by side in Braverock upon completion of quest, making shopping sooooooooooooo much easier/quicker

Best... Quest... Ever!

Who needs Facebook when you have the Good Messenger's Quest... best way to hook up with the online community... ahh, the hours, ... ahh, the "can you please move your house out of my way, I need to get to the trader... stop jostling... hey yer using too much space!..."

... nostalgia...

gogo

• Like! 1

Best... Quest... Ever!

Who needs Facebook when you have the Good Messenger's Quest... best way to hook up with the online community... ahh, the hours, ... ahh, the "can you please move your house out of my way, I need to get to the trader... stop jostling... hey yer using too much space!..."

... nostalgia...

gogo

Hehe, all the hours, days and weeks spent on those two guys to find that armor of this particular look with 4 sockets +1 to all skills and +x to the main CA. And that every 50 or so levels. Good times indeed :lol:

To offer my take on the question - it's a mixed bag, really.

Trading is best at low levels but diminishes in efficiency as you level up because it seems to scale on a Trading-to-Charlevel ratio (in favor of Trading of course).

It demands a separate setup of trading gear with all the +x to all skills and +x to Trading that you can find.

If you choose it, always keep it at charlevel, even up to 216 if you still want to use it then. And don't stop at Trading level 255, internally it goes up to (charlevel+255).

Also, if you're shopping for a trading setup, keep in mind that there's one type of amulet that CAN have +1 to all skills AND +x to trading, they are quite rare but the best thing you can put into your sockets. ^^

As for Parry, you can drop it on most builds actually. And if you feel like your defense is lacking, you could still add Adrenaline to your CA rotation as it is one of those buffs that last for several minutes at higher levels and grants a massive defense bonus that makes Parry look like a joke :drool: But that would be another huge rune dump, so at some point a separate rune farmer might be a good idea.

Hope that helps a little :blush:

Edited by Therion X
  • Like! 1