Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hello dear community and greetings from Germany,

maybe some of you could help me. As you can see, my plan is to 3d-print some models from Sacred but I struggle to get these cursed models. I got some help from Thorium & Zerisius but I'm stuck.

I got the PakExtractor, but it doesn't open by doubleclick. So I linked the models.pak-file with the programm and it opened but looked broken (see image below). I tried to use it and got files named "0001.40" and "0002.40" and so on. What I need for printing are *.stl or *.obj-files.

spacer.png

other programs such as pakexplorer won't run either. I tried compatibility modes, but it didn't get better. Later I managed to get some *.grn-files but couldn't convert them. My google-search lead to a dead end. All posts were so old, that the links to some tools are no longer available.

So I hope for your help. I'm not asking for the ready to use models, just for the way and the tools to get them.

Maybe it's helpful for you, that I use a Win10 64bit OS

 

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 

Thank you for your answer.

@Inspired
Maybe I'm a little bit retarded, but the programs gr2_viewer.exe & SacredMdlExtr.exe won't start by doubleclick either. Never had this problem with any other program. Okay, then the other way, linking the .pak-file with the program. As you see below, the directories should fit. But I get the message "No valid models found! (Version 3)". I feel realy dumb about this :Just_Cuz_21:

@RuDDicK
I wanted to start with the 8 main characters and maybe the rune master.

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 

Oh, now I understand my mistake. I took the pak-directory, doh. Oh man it even says "sacred directory" Not pak *facepalm* XD

All in all it looks just like in your Video. I'll give it a next try. Now that I sleept a night over it

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
18 hours ago, Inspired said:

@RuDDicK

If you don't have access to 3DS Max, there's also another way to convert GRN to OBJ but it's reeeeally convoluted and it doesn't preserve skeletons so you won't be able to apply animations. So I would definitely recommend RuDDick's method. But let me know if you want me to explain the second method as well.

I tried to get a free trail of 3ds nur there are just education-versions and you have to prove that you are a student, that times are over and I don't know someone who could signin for me.

I'd Like to know the convoluted was :D

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 

Hey thanks,

I tried it and managed to get the *.gr2-File :-D

But the evegr2toobj.exe wouldn't start :-(  just the cmd-Window pops up and closes immediately. And I didn't understand the readme.txt neither.

Sorry for me beeing so dumb :B6nFRAh:

Share this post


Link to post
 
1 hour ago, Ragnar1989 said:

Hey thanks,

I tried it and managed to get the *.gr2-File :-D

But the evegr2toobj.exe wouldn't start :-(  just the cmd-Window pops up and closes immediately. And I didn't understand the readme.txt neither.

Sorry for me beeing so dumb :B6nFRAh:

No worries, that's fine. Like I said, the tool works through the command line, which means that you'll need to manually type in the commands in CMD.

Hopefully this video will help you figure it out.

 

  • Thanks! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
On 9/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, Ragnar1989 said:

Hello dear community and greetings from Germany,

maybe some of you could help me. As you can see, my plan is to 3d-print some models from Sacred but I struggle to get these cursed models. I got some help from Thorium & Zerisius but I'm stuck.

I got the PakExtractor, but it doesn't open by doubleclick. So I linked the models.pak-file with the programm and it opened but looked broken (see image below). I tried to use it and got files named "0001.40" and "0002.40" and so on. What I need for printing are *.stl or *.obj-files.

spacer.png

other programs such as pakexplorer won't run either. I tried compatibility modes, but it didn't get better. Later I managed to get some *.grn-files but couldn't convert them. My google-search lead to a dead end. All posts were so old, that the links to some tools are no longer available.

So I hope for your help. I'm not asking for the ready to use models, just for the way and the tools to get them.

Maybe it's helpful for you, that I use a Win10 64bit OS

 

wow, Ragnar what a thoughtful and detailed first post to place here in the forum.  It's no wonder that that this game's still got juice... go Sacred! And welcome to DarkMatters Ragnar!

:)

 

gogo

  • Thanks! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
4 hours ago, Inspired said:

No worries, that's fine. Like I said, the tool works through the command line, which means that you'll need to manually type in the commands in CMD.

Hopefully this video will help you figure it out.

 

Thanks Inspired and Ruddick @RuDDicK for putting so much work into helping out the community with this topic... u really nailed this... bravo friend!

:hugs:

 

gogo

Edited by gogoblender
  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

Thank you all :-D sorted the files and tried to convert the wizard.grn. I opend it with your recommended granny-viewer, got the ViewerConvertTemp.gr2, renamed it and startet the cmd. After start there were just the gloves of the Wizard. The cmd looks like this

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
 

By the way, RuDDik send me the magician. I needed to edit it in Blender and supportet it in the printerprogram. I just startet the printer. He should be finished in about 7,5h. Hope I didn't make any mistakes. I'm very excited

spacer.pngspacer.png

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
32 minutes ago, Ragnar1989 said:

Thank you all :-D sorted the files and tried to convert the wizard.grn. I opend it with your recommended granny-viewer, got the ViewerConvertTemp.gr2, renamed it and startet the cmd. After start there were just the gloves of the Wizard. The cmd looks like this

Yes, I've just tried converting the wizard with this method and I'm getting the same result. Guess some models just won't work this way.

Alright, let's try another method then. You'll have to follow 3 steps with this one:

1. Convert GRN to GR2 the same way you did for evegr2toobj.

2. Download this tool, unpack it and drag and drop your GR2 model onto grnreader98.exe. Several questions should pop up. Choose "no" at the first one and "yes" at all the others. If it throws an error about triangles' indices not starting at zero, just ignore it and click "ok". When the conversion is finished, the tool will give you an SMD file.

3. Download this tool and use it to convert the SMD file from the previous step to OBJ. This tool works through the command line like evegr2toobj so you'll need to type in the command in CMD. Here's an example of a command to use:

assimpd export wizard.smd wizard.obj

Hopefully this will do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
 

Okay, I'm glad, that it istn't my lack of skill :D

I tryed it. The SMD-convert was successfull, but the assimpd gives back an error :-( It says "the application couldn't start correctly (0xc000007b). Click "OK" to close the application."

I also did erase the ".gr2"-part, same result

grafik.png.3d477cbe30aa5b005beb7a1916d5fdbf.png

But I have good news about the print. It worked :JC_hurrah:

I layed him back on the support so you can get an idea how it looks

0_mag_supp.thumb.jpeg.ac6e39c73283109e6b67be3967d09599.jpeg

Here you see him in all its glory
1_mag.thumb.jpeg.989abe1654c5db3446361f2d6bb1be09.jpeg2_mag.thumb.jpeg.9f471725f9eb6a55d9e76a17ffc43276.jpeg

The close up was a bit tricky. You see these little steps? This is the layer height of 0,03mm. The mage has a height of 50mm

3_mag_hood.jpeg.8c7dabb8dd3aefbcdf26295231edab32.jpeg

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
23 minutes ago, Ragnar1989 said:

I tryed it. The SMD-convert was successfull, but the assimpd gives back an error :-( It says "the application couldn't start correctly (0xc000007b). Click "OK" to close the application."

I also did erase the ".gr2"-part, same result

Wow, Ragnar, you seem to be really unlucky with this stuff haha :lol:

Well, I think what's happening here is something like this. I had to build assimp myself from the source code but since I'm not a programmer I guess I just might have not done it correctly. It works for me but it probably depends on some libraries that are present on my PC and are absent on yours. The only solution I can think of at this point is for you to download Microsoft Visual Studio (Community Edition is free, that's what you need) and install the same configuration that I have here.

This is kind of an ugly solution since you'll have to download several gigabytes of software and libraries that you don't need and the worst thing is that it might not even work but, like I said, I'm not a programmer so this is the only thing I can think of. It it doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas, sorry.

On a side note, that Battle Mage looks cool! Do you plan to paint it?

  • Thanks! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

Thank you :D yes I'm very unlucky XD

I will download it after work. My shift starts soon.

I don't think that I'm painting him. My painting-skill is nearly as high as my skill to get these damn models :3lmao:but it's okay. I like him this way

By the way, I don't know if I have enough time and patience. My wife and I are about to move from our flat to the house we recently bought

Edited by Ragnar1989

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 
15 hours ago, Ragnar1989 said:

You sir, are a true genius :bow:

it worked :-D  only thing is, that the wizard stands upside down, but that's not a problem :thumbsup:

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.0064133297b5c2a18fb057073fd5f2e8.PNG

 

14 hours ago, Inspired said:

Haha, glad it finally worked out! :lujate:

 

Loved the creative work through

Brilliant!

:)

 

gogo

 

p.s. yah...even the upside down magician :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...