8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Your work is brilliant, Inspired... you've been adding to much to the Sacred Community... all this time... Sacred's gonna keep sailing...

:dance2:

gogo

Thanks gogo! I hope it will help people who still play this amazing game have more fun and enjoyment, and maybe it will get someone to reinstall the game and give it another try :)

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lororein said:

It's very good work, but I'm interesting if it possible add item in your inventory like with Sacred Item Manager, but without need start new game?

It should definitely be possible but I haven't tried researching it as I'm not super interested in changing item stats. I can give you a couple of pointers though if you want to research it yourself.

2 hours ago, Inspired said:

It should definitely be possible but I haven't tried researching it as I'm not super interested in changing item stats. I can give you a couple of pointers though if you want to research it yourself.

Yes, it was be nice) I tried work with Cheat Engine, but failed. But I also not interested in changing item stats. I just want collect all uniq item and sets, just for fun. I love collecting. But in game too little place for that. I planned export finding items with Sacred Item Manager, and make my own Sacred Vault for trophies :)

1 hour ago, Lororein said:

Yes, it was be nice) I tried work with Cheat Engine, but failed. But I also not interested in changing item stats. I just want collect all uniq item and sets, just for fun. I love collecting. But in game too little place for that. I planned export finding items with Sacred Item Manager, and make my own Sacred Vault for trophies :)

I'm not sure why you want to use Cheat Engine then. Wouldn't just collecting items in-game be more fun? :)

Or if you really want to create a trophy vault with ALL the unique items in the game, then just use Sacred Item Manager. Like you said, your inventory space is limited and you need SIM to export items anyway, so why not use it to create items in the first place?

But if you really must use Cheat Engine for that, then you can do something like this:

1. Collect a bunch of random non-unique items.

2. Save the game and Export your character.

3. Open the character in Sacred Item Manager and check model IDs for all those items you collected.

4. Load the game, attach Cheat Engine to the process and start searching for IDs of your items.

For example, let's say you have a random cuirass with an ID of 3200 (just an example, not sure whether a cuirass with this ID really exists in the game). Search for 3200 in Cheat Engine (Scan Type: Exact Value, Value Type: 4 Bytes). You'll probably find a bunch of addresses with this value. If you see any of them changing and turning red, remove them from the list right away. If you see any green addresses, remove them as well.

5. When you only have black addresses left, select half of all the addresses, then right click and "Change value of selected addresses" to something else, let's say 1200.

6. Get back to the game and see if your cuirass has changed to something else. 

If not, then none of those addresses you changed are right. Go back to Cheat Engine, change their value back to 3200 and remove these addresses from the list. Then check half of the remaining addresses. And so on until you find the address of your cuirass's ID.

7. When you find the address of you cuirass's ID, you can change it to any other model ID in the game, and the look of your cuirass will change accordingly (the stats will stay the same though). And you can do the same with any other item you collected.

Keep in mind that there are thousands of model IDs in Sacred so it might take a lot of time to find the right ID for the item you want. And I think model IDs start at 1200 (that should be a Metal Kite Shield).

9 minutes ago, Inspired said:

I'm not sure why you want to use Cheat Engine then. Wouldn't just collecting items in-game be more fun? :)

Yes, I'm strange, I know :D I don't want exactly Cheat Engine, if have another way, I gladly use him. But as I said, in-game all items won't fit in inventory and chest. I just want possibility add my collect items in game, without need start new game. Something like Titan Quest Vault and Grim Dawn Vault. And I want same item, not just model. But your method interesting too. 

43 minutes ago, Lororein said:

Yes, I'm strange, I know :D I don't want exactly Cheat Engine, if have another way, I gladly use him. But as I said, in-game all items won't fit in inventory and chest. I just want possibility add my collect items in game, without need start new game. Something like Titan Quest Vault and Grim Dawn Vault. And I want same item, not just model. But your method interesting too. 

Oh, now I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I don't know any way to go over the inventory and chest slots limit for items in-game. So yeah, you'll need to export items with Sacred Item Manager either way if you want to keep your whole collection, I'm afraid.

22 minutes ago, Inspired said:

Oh, now I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I don't know any way to go over the inventory and chest slots limit for items in-game. So yeah, you'll need to export items with Sacred Item Manager either way if you want to keep your whole collection, I'm afraid.

Well, yes, I do not mind increase slots, but I mean little different. Example, I find uniq sword Albion, export him and then delete him, it will free up space. Then in future, I want add him in game, and continue my adventure. Sorry for that, just too much love collecting :) 

8 hours ago, Lororein said:

Well, yes, I do not mind increase slots, but I mean little different. Example, I find uniq sword Albion, export him and then delete him, it will free up space. Then in future, I want add him in game, and continue my adventure. Sorry for that, just too much love collecting :) 

So you do care about the item stats too, then? I'm confused now :lol:

In that case I can't really help as, like I said, I haven't researched changing item stats. But, broadly speaking, if you want to research it yourself, start by searching for the model ID address like I explained above and then inspect the memory around that address - chances are the stats data will be somewhere close.

If you figure out where the stats data is relative to the model ID, then you'll be able to easily replicate any item that you previously exported with SIM.

2 hours ago, Inspired said:

So you do care about the item stats too, then? I'm confused now :lol:

I care about item stats because I want add in game same item I found. Without change stats. And I little don't understand about "inspect the memory around that address". How I can do that?

1 hour ago, Lororein said:

I care about item stats because I want add in game same item I found. Without change stats. And I little don't understand about "inspect the memory around that address". How I can do that?

If you want to import item stats from an item that was previously exported with SIM, you need to know where to import them to. So it doesn't really matter that you don't want to change the original stats, the process is the same either way.

Inspecting memory is a basic feature of Cheat Engine that can be seen here, for example. If you are not comfortable watching tutorials in English, google "Cheat Engine tutorials" in Russian. You will need to watch at least a few hours of tutorials and have a few days of practice (maybe even more) working with Cheat Engine before you can actually accomplish what you need here. There's just no simple way, I'm afraid.

--

Если хотите загрузить в игру характеристики предмета, который вы ранее экспортировали через SIM, то вам в любом случае нужно знать, куда их загружать. Поэтому не имеет значения, что вы не собираетесь их менять, процесс все равно одинаковый.

"Просмотр памяти" - это базовая функция в Cheat Engine, вот руководство по ней. Если трудно смотреть руководства на английском, загуглите русские руководства по Cheat Engine, наверняка что-то найдется. Для того чтобы понять, как вам сделать то, что нужно, придется наверное посмотреть несколько часов руководств по Cheat Engine и несколько дней (может, даже больше) практиковаться работать с ним. Какого-то простого решения нет, к сожалению.

• 3 weeks later...

First, thank you for this, looks like a lot of work went into you creating this guide and the video. I will try everything out and play around a ton now that I know what to do! :D

There was this +13 trainer for Sacred that I loved to use in 2005-2006, sadly, it can't attach to the game on anything other than Windows XP so I haven't been able to play around with it.

There is an option which I found particularly interesting and maybe you could shed some light on whether it is doable by Cheat Engine - the Recruit Enemy which made your cursor recruit enemies to fight on your side (like the Seraphim's Conversion, but permanent). Can these be done by us? Or if I spawn creatures as you mentioned, will they fight on my side? (sorry couldn't watch the vid yet)

spacer.png

• Appreciation 1
11 hours ago, Stryp said:

First, thank you for this, looks like a lot of work went into you creating this guide and the video. I will try everything out and play around a ton now that I know what to do! :D

There was this +13 trainer for Sacred that I loved to use in 2005-2006, sadly, it can't attach to the game on anything other than Windows XP so I haven't been able to play around with it.

There is an option which I found particularly interesting and maybe you could shed some light on whether it is doable by Cheat Engine - the Recruit Enemy which made your cursor recruit enemies to fight on your side (like the Seraphim's Conversion, but permanent). Can these be done by us? Or if I spawn creatures as you mentioned, will they fight on my side? (sorry couldn't watch the vid yet)

Oh, that looks like an early 2000s trainer all right. I'm feeling nostalgic now :lol:

Yes, if you spawn creatures or characters the way I show in the video, they will fight on your side. So that would be pretty close to what you're describing.

You might also be interested in this tutorial where I show how to change your starting companion.

• Appreciation 1
  • 7 months later...

@Inspired Is there a way to edit ability score (e.g. Strength, Physical Regeneration, Charisma, etc) on a low-level character?

I used Cheat Engine to allow large numbers of attribute points, but the changes don't seem to persist. Any advice?

My goal is to max out skills and give myself high attributes, and then play through the game again on a 1st-level character. 

• Like! 1
18 hours ago, nerd said:

@Inspired Is there a way to edit ability score (e.g. Strength, Physical Regeneration, Charisma, etc) on a low-level character?

I used Cheat Engine to allow large numbers of attribute points, but the changes don't seem to persist. Any advice?

My goal is to max out skills and give myself high attributes, and then play through the game again on a 1st-level character. 

Yes, I had the same thing with attributes (changes made with Cheat Engine don't persist) and messing with the amount of skill points makes my character literally explode and die. I was never interested enough to actively look for a solution to this so not sure how to achieve this with CE. You can try Sacred Character Modifier though, I think it should work.

• Thanks! 1