Silly Question! - How to know if steam version is working after Community Patch?

Hi All,

First of all let me say I am brand new to PC gaming and Sacred 2 so I apologise for the silly questions. I bought the steam version of Sacred 2 Gold today and after installing it and playing for 5 mins read that I should download the Community patch. I have done so and my silly question is How do I know it is working/active? I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks

• Appreciation 1

Hi tonixuk! Welcome to the FDM :) 

I haven't used the Community Patch yet myself, so I have no clue whether there's anything that actually looks different with the patch, but if you take a look here: 

You'll see the patch notes. Two of the most simple ones to test whether the patch is active, even if you're just starting out: 

• Mounts can now be called into dungeons and underground areas (player must still dismount when entering\leaving dungeons due to code limitations).
  • Blacksmith Arts can now be removed in the smithing interface.
  • Appreciation 1

Yeah, if you see that big ol' blue & silver CM Logo ("Platinum Return") when the game loads, you've got it installed.

Without it, it will be a simple logo that is made out of ice with a little blood spattered on it.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, tonixuk said:

Hi All,

First of all let me say I am brand new to PC gaming and Sacred 2 so I apologise for the silly questions. I bought the steam version of Sacred 2 Gold today and after installing it and playing for 5 mins read that I should download the Community patch. I have done so and my silly question is How do I know it is working/active? I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks

Bravo and welcome to PC Gaming friend! You've tastefully chosen the best game in the world, and one of the longest standing fan bases for gaming PERIOD.  We're happy to have you here with us, welcome to DarkMatters and the happy citizens of Ancaria!

:dance2:

gogo

Thank you everyone for your responses and warm welcomes, think I'm going to enjoy it here! I can confirm (re the logo) it installed correctly. I am a massive rpg fan and this definitely slipped under my radar all those years ago.  

Welcome to DarkMatters! I hope you will have as many wonderful years of posting and reading as I have had! We are a great community!