They Call Me the Tentacle (Ebolts and Tentacle Build Discussion)

Ok....

THAT is just disgusting gogo! :hugs: I mean... Can we post that kind of stuff on our forum?! ;)

Ooooh. Piles of rotting corpses oh my! :D

Ok....

THAT is just disgusting gogo! :3lmao: I mean... Can we post that kind of stuff on our forum?! :o

Ooooh. Piles of rotting corpses oh my! :oooo:

:blink::o Gogo, thats gross, so what was your build again? :lol:

Well Schot you have played a necromancer in GW, so why are you bothered by body parts.. :P

:oooo:

~Doom

Hello :oooo:

Nice pic gogo!! :blink:

Btw try a demon holdin a fad in her hands while tentacles is active. Then gather some baddy and kill 1. The effect would speak himself. :3lmao:

Csaszar, that sounds like a brilliant idea...do you have any pics? Woo Hoo!

As well, someone at the german ci sacred forum where I posted this screenie has posted some more of his more gory shots right now.

I think I'm seriously interested now in making a Gore Build.

http://www.cisacred.de/showthread.php?t=535

Bring on the Sacred movie I say!

muhahahha

gogo

p.s. I think my screenies shows more bones but those concentric blood rings are very very cool.

Green too?

That is very cool, though my one issue with Tentacle is that it's not party-friendly (well, parties aren't Tentacle-friendly). In 2.24, you only got Tentacles from monsters you kill, so if any partied characters get the killing blow, no Tentacles...

llama, or anyone got any ideas on how tentacle works?

I mean...does me eating more tents runes just give me a higher damage from just the tentacles themselves?

Or is there an added value that the tentacles gives as a kind of damage from that "boom" when they explod from the person's chest?

Are we saying that tentacles have absolutely no value unless WE do that first kill, which means that my ebolts MUST kill when they hit to set off the tentacles...right?

:whistle:

gogo

I think the tentacles work like CL/Poison Tendrels/etc, 'cept you have kill a monster first. Extra runes gives more damage per Tentacle (& longer duration perhaps?).

As long as your character (inc her spells) kills the monster, you get Tentacles. It certainly works with Poison/Fire Daemon.

"Timotheus from the sif asks:

What level is your tentacle gogo? What do you recommend?"

gogoblender:

Tim, regarding tentacles, hmmm..I'm not too sher actually. I'd put it down to manageability.

Be able to manage the highest level of tentacle you can for your style of play.

Remember, the tentacles won't work unless soemthing is killed. So they're not a first shot kinda thing but instead an enhancer and a multiplier.

In this case, the tentacles work out so good, cuz I'm using it with an ebolts daemon and sometmes she's stuck in between casts while waiting for the spell to recharge.

So these tentacles will sprout from let's say a few that were killed, do damage and leeching and buy my daemon time until I can get the next bolt off.

It's tempting to just make the tentacles as high as possible, but they are completely useless without a very powerful first strike that can first kill something.

So I found mysef managing my first hit, ebolts, THEN finding a way to keep raising the level of tentacles to keep the damage goin and goin...

Gore man...all about gore

:(

gogo

p.s. I just went in and took some stats if this helps

The big problem having a secondary so important is keeping it's regen down, so here is how I'm trying to do it:

The ebolts is only reduced by conc, phys regen and rsm, so all my points always go into keeping the ebolts low first, as Therion explained to me when I first saw his ebolts build.

With the leftover points, I want to bring down the regen of the tentacles, but I'm so afraid of giving so many points, because this daemon can take a lot of hits in between casting, since there is no known way of reducing the casting time ebolts daemon, and her hp can really waiver if she's not protected waiting for that next ebolts to fire :)

So, I had to create a Regen Spells Slot, with weapons with huge boosts to spell regen and with sockets socketed with +40 percent regen to spells rings that I had my trader twenty levels ahead buy for her.

So she casts the tentacles at a level of 32, which would normally have a regen of 25.6 seconds, with all the gear I've got on.

After I cast, and one is usually enough for ebolts and tentacles to take anything out now, I then run to the next battle after I've toggled to my regen spell weapon slot which brings down the regen on the tentacles from 25.6 to 11.2 seconds

^^

It's a bit complicated but this way I get to have this really fascinating daemon that has the baseline attributes of a warrior, but does distance damage and now I'm slowly sneaking magic onto her as well

:)

The Mystery Revealed

At last, the mystery of the first screen shot on this thread has come to reveal itself. How did so much damage get spammed on such a large scale from only a daemon. Ever since that shot was taken I have attempted over and over (and over) again and on and on (and on) to get that marvelously lagged screen effect where all animation is slammed down to maybe five frames a second, where all sound is cut off, where an intermettant huge kaboom is going off every two seconds, while in my seat my heart is in my mouth, my breathing had stopped a long while ago, I'm grinding my teeth, and my hair is on end as I pray, cajole and beg my computer to just hang in there and process the wonders of:

:D Succubus Tentaculus! :D

:D:evil::evil:

And this time, she came through.

Unscathed, unharmed amidst a sea of boiling corpses and an almost filled life bar. How?

This time, as mentionned above I was playing with Silearth. He said he wanted to see this tentacle build after seeing the first posted pic. First off, Sil has this amazingly beautiful Glad build. It's a wonder to behold and

listen to. Fad's axe with fireballs has to be one of the most beautiful effects in this game AND when it's combined with Dagger Stare, wow! Sil has his Glad all dressed up in that red armor, so he looks like a hungry red trashcan on fleety legs as he chops away at everying, while fireballs are whizzing through the air jumping out from all corners and on top of that dagger stare taking MORE bites out of everything on the screen, seen, UNSEEN, lol!

I showed him what I had, the daemon with ebolts, and the tentacle wave gun. We were both like...beh...after a few shots like this:

silgogoreal.webp

Over and Over again, my tentacles did their thing, which didn't, now , seem to be that much of a thing because they were nothing like that first pic, with the huge concentric circles and the blast that made corpses fly across the land. Then...Sil cast his dagger stare on me.

Bling!

The Mnemonic

Bling, Bling Bling!

Yes, I rembmered now..it was the WARRIOR who I was partied with in that first pic who cast Dagger Stare on me and this, I guess somehow found a synergy with the

1-Ebolts

2-Call of Death

3-Tentacles

4-Dagger Stare

Four Part Synergy, could this be?

After Sil and I discussed this, he said let's go to the desert, where he could then round up a LOT of mobs with his Red Tinman Build. We went, and he says stay there, I'm wondering..."why?"

He goes (he's offscreen but stil ltalking ) he has far sight +150 he can see very very very far. And he can. In fact, all I saw was this huge cloud of dust with him leading hordes and hordes of nasteez, with him hooting and cheering and he was spinning them round and round (and round and round) in cyclonic tornado of death and destruction.

Then he threw them all at me.

Praying that all three of my CA's were on, and that none of them run out before the horde hit me...

Success

Our wildest Dreams come true

And then this

Seven seconds of pure bliss with images of bursting bodies, and booming concatenations whilst clicking photo after photo and yeah...we made it through this one.

So that's it, mystery solved.

Dagger stare

A daemon's best friend.

Now

Who wants to play

:evil:

gogo

It was fun to be sure.

I've been experimenting with a tentacle demon in SP using an orla staff and the results are beautiful.

My HC demon is coming along. Gogo had an idea for the build that I found interesting. Combining the beauty of the tentacle spell with the poison demon form and the poison ring CA. Once I get my poison ring high enough and my call of death I should be able, in theory, to create beautiful rings of gore.

ooh, yeah, seriously man...poison daemon and tentacles?

The tentacles are mostly poison damage. You'll be a pure monoelemental damage build, and yer damage will be VERY high and all coming with poison...you'll wreak havoc in niobium if you wanna take her that high.

Especially if you use a delivery system like Orla's

oooh, this'll make a good movie

^^

:D

gogo

lol

Ewwww, gross. I think some goop got on me when those pics of yours splattered across my screen. :D

That is toooooo cool! ;)

:D:o Gogo, thats gross, so what was your build again? :lol:

Well Schot you have played a necromancer in GW, so why are you bothered by body parts.. :P

:D

~Doom

Yah but that is like tooooootally different man. My minions were neat freaks. They were good little minions who ate up all tha blood, bone and gorey goop. :D

• 11 months later...

A quick note to everyone when putting this build together, that it's very important that for the tentacles to work the creature must be killed first by something else.

Tentacles are not a primary in that sense, they can only firstly sprout from a dead creature that has been downed by either a melee hit or another CA.

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Tentacles

Have fun with the messy build

:blush:

gogo

Gogo? Do you DW Finished Protos for this build? Both Ebolts & Tentacles do Magic damge & Ebolts is a CA, so it'll benefit from the +RSM on the Finished Protos. No to mention the Crit...

They rock with this build...I used em after reading Therion's take on this with him only using the Charged Bolts

Two finished Prototypes (Magic Damage +xx%, Crit, RSM)

The damage works for the Charged, crit works for everything and the rsm is incredible (specially when stacked) for reducing the bolts re-cast time... which is probably the biggest challenge with the build.

Get the right weps and beautiful things happen.

:P

gogo

• 2 years later...