Sacred 2 Alternate Hairstyles

Sacred 2 Alternate Hairstyles

View File

Alternative Hair Styles for Sacred 2

Introduction
========================
This mod replaces the vanilla hair styles for the female playable characters with new designs as follows:

• High Elf - 6 replacements
  • Dryad - 6 replacements
  • Seraphim - 1 replacement

These new hairstyles also have an expanded range of color in character creation, from shock white to pitch black and anything in between. 

Installation
========================

• Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
  • After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
  • Extract/copy/move the contents of the zip file into the "MODS" folder. There should be a folder called "Alternate Hairstyles".
  • Run the GME and enable the mod.  The GME will back up your clean files and will allow to you to easily enable/disable the mod as you wish.

Compatibility
========================

• This mod should work fine on a setup with just the Community Patch 1.60, or even Ice & Blood w/ last official patch.
  • There is also a second version for users of Enhanced Edition. Be sure to download that version instead, if you use EE 3.0+.
  • The only script modified is surface.txt; it will not be compatible with any other mod that alters that file.
  • These hairstyles are already included in Diablo 2 Fallen so this mod should not be installed at the same time.
  • This mod has no effect on save games and can be enabled/disabled at any point.

I love these hair styles, Ben! Thank you for putting this mod together. I had imagined that the person who had posted the original image below had used one of the hairstyles from your Diablo 2 mod, yet none of them match the hairstyle in image below. They must have altered one of the image files to get yet another hairstyle. I may have to play around with the files and figure it out. That is, if I want my Dark Elf mod to be able to be adjusted to match the one in the image below.

1139885858_DarkElf.thumb.jpg.ed7d905fc4fe6f35e3c9d94c3cb6ebf9.jpg

9 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I love these hair styles, Ben! Thank you for putting this mod together. I had imagined that the person who had posted the original image below had used one of the hairstyles from your Diablo 2 mod, yet none of them match the hairstyle in image below. They must have altered one of the image files to get yet another hairstyle. I may have to play around with the files and figure it out. That is, if I want my Dark Elf mod to be able to be adjusted to match the one in the image below.

This is the hairstyle of Seraphim 3

Edited by BRSamael
  • Thanks! 1
8 hours ago, BRSamael said:

This is the hairstyle of Seraphim 3

@Flix

Ben, if I knew which files needed to be selected, I believe I could add them to the Dark Elf mod and as long as it was active it could have the hairstyle above in the screenshot as the only selection available as long as the mod was active. Do you know which file(s) would need to be used?

37 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

@Flix

Ben, if I knew which files needed to be selected, I believe I could add them to the Dark Elf mod and as long as it was active it could have the hairstyle above in the screenshot as the only selection available as long as the mod was active. Do you know which file(s) would need to be used?

I think it's one of the two attached models:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xcXQK73L-WT0yHm9CugUvVS7qsdoF2oX/view?usp=sharing

The easy, script-free way to make the replacement is to choose one of the above hairstyle gr2 files, then rename it to one of the default High Elf hair file names.  Install the replacement by placing it in the correct subfolder in the "pak" folder of the game.  You can observe the correct folder paths and file names in my hairstyles mod.

That will overwrite one or more of the default hairstyles with the new one.

36 minutes ago, Flix said:

I think it's one of the two attached models:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xcXQK73L-WT0yHm9CugUvVS7qsdoF2oX/view?usp=sharing

The easy, script-free way to make the replacement is to choose one of the above hairstyle gr2 files, then rename it to one of the default High Elf hair file names.  Install the replacement by placing it in the correct subfolder in the "pak" folder of the game.  You can observe the correct folder paths and file names in my hairstyles mod.

That will overwrite one or more of the default hairstyles with the new one.

I tried both of the gr2 files and each of them does change one of the hairstyles, only not the one in question. Unless, I also need to move some of the dds image files after changing their names also.

10 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

I tried both of the gr2 files and each of them does change one of the hairstyles, only not the one in question. Unless, I also need to move some of the dds image files after changing their names also.

No.  Don't change any textures.  Every model has a "material" baked into the file that corresponds to textures defined in surface.txt.  This never changes no matter what the file name of the model is.

It sounds like you are able to replace the hairstyle successfully, but are not choosing the correct name to rename the file.  You need to try all six hairstyle file names until you replace the one you desire.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

No.  Don't change any textures.  Every model has a "material" baked into the file that corresponds to textures defined in surface.txt.  This never changes no matter what the file name of the model is.

It sounds like you are able to replace the hairstyle successfully, but are not choosing the correct name to rename the file.  You need to try all six hairstyle file names until you replace the one you desire.

Thanks Ben, I did get the correct hairstyle it was actually the first one. However, the only hair that may be changed to black (as shown in the screenshot image above) is the very front portion, the rest of the hair remains a "tarnished silver" color. I have tried to remedy that by darkening the .dds image files, but the hair color remains unaltered.

36 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

However, the only hair that may be changed to black (as shown in the screenshot image above) is the very front portion, the rest of the hair remains a "tarnished silver" color. I have tried to remedy that by darkening the .dds image files, but the hair color remains unaltered.

Try to add blue color, about "000050", the color will be closer to the one in the screenshot

Tell me how to add a new skin color? What the screenshot cannot achieve in a game way (

Edited by BRSamael

Before adding the texture above, I came up with this result, as illustrated below. Because it was night in the game, the environment was darker and the hair looked closer to the image I was attempting to emulate. Now, with the file you shared, it looks just right. Thanks, Ben!

560521115_Sacred2Screenshot2020_09.13-16_26_00_11.thumb.png.8b848872fb02fd609c40946e9a57dabb.png

• Like! 1

Looks good then?  Took me a while to even realize it was a recreation, and not the original image itself.  Add a forehead tattoo and pupils/darker circles around the eyes, and it would be identical.

I believe that she would look a bit more evil with solid red eyes; I wish that I could make them glow. However, dark around the eyes and the forehead tattoo would look very good. When I get the mod updated, please do me a favor and look for any bugs. I believe that I have all of the files and folders in their proper places, nevertheless a second set of more experienced eyes couldn't hurt.

• 3 months later...

@Flix Is there a simple way to make a mod so that the Dark Elf to work this way without the Enhanced Edition? I intend to submit an update so that her eyes glow. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

@Flix Is there a simple way to make a mod so that the Dark Elf to work this way without the Enhanced Edition? I intend to submit an update so that her eyes glow. Thank you!

Well... sadly there is not.  Much of the equipment in the game is not added directly to the player's base body, instead many pieces act as body part "replacers" meaning they include copies of the characters' limbs, heads, etc., complete with their own skin textures.

One solution would be to meticulously edit each armor texture that included skin, in order to match the hue and shade with that of the new base skin.  I tried this in D2F with Silver Fox's help and it was a long process that still does not look perfect.  And the process would have to be repeated for each new skin mod.

The better solution is to edit each armor model and texture, to remove all traces of the characters' bodies.  This way, only the armor is rendered, and it's added directly to the character's base body.  This is more difficult to do, but it's a "one-time" process. Once it's done, any and all custom skins would work going forward.  Dimitrius154 did this work, and I imported it into EE. 

The thing is, there's so many interdependencies between all the models, textures, and scripts that I had to edit, in order to import them.  If you try remove just one thread from the tapestry, the whole thing comes unraveled.  If I tried to backwards-port the changes to CM 1.60, I would have to change and add so much content that I might as well have just uploaded EE 3.0.

• Thanks! 1

That's what I had supposed. Thank you for the explanation. Also, editing the _sg file with two small circles where the orbits of her eyes are located, resulted in her entire face, arms and thighs glowing.

Thank you Ben! That file works like a charm and I am updating the mod in the downloads section. I believe that the default for the Dark Elf should be with glowing red eyes.

• Like! 1