Which Dryad defensive skill?

Hi, hopefully somebody still reads this forum. As it happens sometime I'm again back on my ps3 to play sacred 2 and this time I want to try the drayd. I'm unsure about the defensive skill to choose before armor more. 

I think I'll be using the shield with damage reduction or stalwart but even so I'm wondering is shield lore is worth it. Ancient bark nodded for reflection makes block far less useful, even more when I'll reach high levels and reflecting more attacks and about the defense bonus, I'll take the armor mod on ancient bark so I doubt I'll get enough defence to make shield lore worth. On the other had combat reflexes would help me avoid some arrow and crit. I' m more for combat reflexes but knowing I'll be using a shield all the time and the fact I must stay always rooted on a point otherwise enemies keep following me and while they run my scorpion takes more to kill them, in the end I'll be always in melee range of the enemy.

What would you choose? Shield lore or combat reflexes? 

Either one is gonna be at 75 and I'm not taking constitution son only armor lore and shield lore/combat reflexes. 

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, Maragost said:

Hi, hopefully somebody still reads this forum. As it happens sometime I'm again back on my ps3 to play sacred 2 and this time I want to try the dryad. I'm unsure about the defensive skill to choose before armor more. 

I think I'll be using the shield with damage reduction or stalwart but even so I'm wondering is shield lore is worth it. Ancient bark nodded for reflection makes block far less useful, even more when I'll reach high levels and reflecting more attacks and about the defense bonus, I'll take the armor mod on ancient bark so I doubt I'll get enough defense to make shield lore worth. On the other had combat reflexes would help me avoid some arrow and crit. I' m more for combat reflexes but knowing I'll be using a shield all the time and the fact I must stay always rooted on a point otherwise enemies keep following me and while they run my scorpion takes more to kill them, in the end I'll be always in melee range of the enemy.

What would you choose? Shield lore or combat reflexes? 

Either one is gonna be at 75 and I'm not taking constitution son only armor lore and shield lore/combat reflexes. 

Hello  Maragost!

I loved playing the Dryad, here insta-travel blow pipe absolutely fascinated me  and I was hooked from the beginning.  I remember taking Combat Reflexes because it just seemed to keep me alive longer .. always loved damage...but the dryad at high levels got a little squishy... you'd always have to time her goldenglade... hopefully someone here will have a more current aproach to your build that will help you with this awesome game

Happy you've found your way here, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Welcome to the forum

I never played Sacred2 on a console. My best defense normally was Alchemy. But it is not really easy to use Alchemy on a console.

Another way of defense is placing totems modded to spread fear. Since a blowpipe has no travel time for its projectiles you can hit the running enemies while they won't attack when feared, as long they can be feared that is. So even playing a Ranger type dryad, considering to take Voodoo Focus for defense might not be the worst idea. But since you speak about shield you are probably not playing a ranged dryad?

And: Standing in a Dust Devil modded for Spell Shield, placing totems is a sort of defense for a careful player, because of the cooldowns. YOu can't hurry into enemies with this defense.

I see it at my kids, something which works fine for one is hated by another because it just doesn't fit to its play style.

• Like! 1
On 9/16/2020 at 3:18 AM, chattius said:

Welcome to the forum

I never played Sacred2 on a console. My best defense normally was Alchemy. But it is not really easy to use Alchemy on a console.

Another way of defense is placing totems modded to spread fear. Since a blowpipe has no travel time for its projectiles you can hit the running enemies while they won't attack when feared, as long they can be feared that is. So even playing a Ranger type dryad, considering to take Voodoo Focus for defense might not be the worst idea. But since you speak about shield you are probably not playing a ranged dryad?

And: Standing in a Dust Devil modded for Spell Shield, placing totems is a sort of defense for a careful player, because of the cooldowns. YOu can't hurry into enemies with this defense.

I see it at my kids, something which works fine for one is hated by another because it just doesn't fit to its play style.

I remember trying to hard to get a good Totem build going...I think it was a player here who made one so good it just torpedoed all the way up to Niobium... it could just flatten mobs... very amusing

:lol:

gogo