Who Would Be The Best Character To Get To Niob Level?

Okay, I know that I have been trying my own way to play this game, but I keep hitting one very serious problem, the Sacred 2 Game Cheats, no matter what I try to do to give any character better equipment etc. Enemies and bosses can still get through, even kill me, to which I quickly eject the disc as so for the death not to register and why is there a punishment for dying anyway? It rewards you if you survive, but it seems at least to me, that dying in the game isn't really an option. If so, then which character would be the best for me to be to get to Niob first, so that way I can give other characters Niob Runes to consume and stuff on Niob level for armour mods and even then, I suspect the game system will still cheat. Before anyone says be the Shadow Warrior who is basically a tank. How so? Because he can get his life cut through just a s much as any other character, regardless no matter how hard I try to make him be tough enough. If He is or supposed to be like a Tank, he's a poorly made one. Also How do I get around this cheat problem? And it's not just the XBOX 360 or the PS3, The PC Version seems to cheat also and I am slowly begining to wander if there is any real point, in playing this game at all.

I still stand by what I have said about this game, it is the best RPG ever to come out and it's not likely that any future RPG title will match it or even best it in any real way. As far as I can tell I am doing everything right and before you all say look to the builds, I have, but they all lack one very vital thing, they do not give an actual step by step of how the build was achieved and please do not hate me or get mad at me for saying that. Progamers and nearly most other gamers will not need such a thing. I play console games and have branched out into PC ones, I know that this does not make me a gamer as such, but that sould never stop me from playing a game, any game, for that matter. Sad and actual truth is that most games, be it console or PC are developed by and for gamers and that's fine, but it honestly really does not help anyone to take either an interest in playing games or being able to play them because of the fact they are not designed for the absolute Noobs! Did I get that right? Sorry if not and I hope you all know what I mean. Obviously I am not a Noob, since I have been playing the game for over 8 years, never getting past gold level, I might add and I know that there has to be a way to be able to get up to Niob Level, more so to the point, for the console versions, as there are ways to cheat for the PC.

I seek answers of how to get to Niob on the console versions of the game, to which I honestly wished there was a cheat system disc for it, purley because it's virtually almost an imposability to get past gold level, the best I have ever done was right up to the nameless guardians, I took out all but the last one out, who wiped me out, no mater how quickly I kept on taking my health potions and I am pretty quick at doing that. But the last nameless guardian managed to land a critical hit and I was not solo, I had a hirling with me, but he was not doing much in the way of fighting, so I was left having to kill every nameless guardian solo, before anyone says I am not supposed to do that, or that it can be done solo. How? again please do not answer by saying look to the builds of the character that I am trying to be. There is the factor of only so many points for each skill, as well as the atribues and more importantly, mod points for buffs and combat arts, which for me personally are all completely wrong and thats just me personally, I mean no offense to anyone or even to the game itself. Can anyone help me? By help, I mean give me a guide that I can understand with also tips of how to get around the inbuilt cheat problem that I have mentioned. If there is no such thing going on, then something is and believe me I am playing the game to the best way to my ability to do so and now, I am truly at the end of my tether, as the saying goes. I am nearly almost on the verge of giving up trying to play this game and I really do not want that.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1
On 9/26/2020 at 3:17 PM, Hooyaah said:

Okay Amy, I feel your pain. The following information and suggestions should help. The Shadow Warrior, has Shadow Veil Buff which makes him invisible and Nether Allegiance and Skeletal Fortification to kill enemies reliably.  If you have questions about either guide (to follow) please feel free to ask. When using these builds on a PC you won't need health potions unless you are improperly prepared or you are not paying proper attention to what you are doing. There is a good guide for the Shadow Warrior and one for the High Elf: Shadow Warrior Guide and Devastating Mystic Stormite Build. There are some helpful tips throughout my High Elf Build thread and something to pay specific attention to is employing the right jewelry. There is a helpful item that when stacked will allow complete damage mitigation (except for leech life) and it is named Paramount Pendant. It is a secret find that I discovered hidden within the code of the game. It will never drop in the game without using the method I employed to force it to drop. I uploaded it, and some other helpful jewelry, in the downloads section. Also my guide Cascading Shroud As A Permanent Buff may be something you would appreciate. You may also adjust your camera to zoom out and lock it there just before a boss fight so as to get a better angle and more maneuverability. Remember, you may always go to your character save file and make a copy of it and store it away  regularly, or just before a big boss battle, if you are still concerned about losing your toon. Many of my suggestions are PC solutions, but the guides will work on any platform. Let me know if I can help!

Thank you so much Steve, sorry for the delay, that goes for everyone too, I have not been at all well and only on and off, have I been semi okay. My health is not what I would idealy like it to be, but I at least take all meds that I need and just try my best to not let my situation get the better of me, which isn't always easy, but I never stop from trying. I will look into the builds and links that you have given Steve, I much appreciate the time and effort you have put into doing them. I was utterly gutted that I got wipped out by the last boss after taking out all of the others. May I ask, is there a rune consuption limit? I susspect there could be one, not only that I am beginning to wander if the 200 level characters that I have for my PC on save file if their runes consumed were from niob level, meaning one character got there and doing the rest of the characters were easy. I could be so wrong about that. My room mate thinks that consuming over 50 for buffs and over 20 for combat arts is the best way to go, but I am worried that he could be going about the whole thing the wrong way. I have tried to voice such a concern only for it to cause a massive argument and since I honestly do not know any better, I want to make sure I am going about things the right way or if I am going about it the wrong way. I will update my post with what I have tried so far and hope that will also help. It's funny that you should mention an invisiable shadow warior build, I found one on YouTube, but the guy there did not explain how he managed to get to what he had achieved in the game, I have figured out so far before becoming invisible the shadow warrior has to be pretty tough enough to survive to get up to level 38 with 38 to Astral Lord Lore and 36 to Astral lord Focus and then the mods to turn shadow viel into a perminant buff, but his ranged attack with an energy staff does not seem to make much of an impact and I have included ranged weapons, speed lore and even damage lore to my build with damage pysical rings to most of my armour, the rest is enancement mod for critical hits and yes, I know about A.O.E. in the game can effect the shadow warrior, so I am keeping an eye out for that. That said, I will look into your shadow warrior build to see where I can make improvements. I had no idea that, the Cascading Shroud could be a perminant buff too, I had wandered about that one. Anyway, I will look into everythign that you have mentioned snd thanks for letting me know that I can ask questions if I have any. I feel a bit foolish and ashamed asking for help, as you know and seen, I do have and hold an interlect of my very own and I am shocked and surprised that this game has me somewhat beaten, I do not know if you can imagine how that feels. It's not nice, obviously I am misisng something or another with Sacred 2, so any tips I really appreciate beyond mention.

Edited by SheHawk
10 hours ago, lujate said:

Provided the guides aren't for I&B, since consoles run a version of FA.

Just a couple of generic tips:

1. On console you can basically carry unlimited healing potions, and in my experience they didn't have the severe diminishing returns as on PC.  You can spam them.  A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away I earned the Medicine Man trophy spamming pots during my first Nameless Guardian fight.

2.  LL% is your friend.  The damage is bugged, but you get the healing.

seraphim and Shadow Warrior are generally considered the easiest options.  What difficulty are you currently on?  Are you trying to push ahead too quickly (I lost of couple of ice HE to my own hubris)?

Lujate, this is for you and Steve too

INVISIBLE SHADOW WARRIOR

Level: 55

Campaign: GOLD

SKILLS

DEATH WARRIOR FOCUS 10

TACTICS LORE 30

CONCENTRATION 1

ASTRAL LORD FOCUS 36

RANGED WEAPONS 20

ASTRAL LORD LORE 38

SPEED LORE 10

ANCIENT MAGIC 5

DAMAGE LORE 5

BUFFS:

N A: Runes Consumed: 23

S V: Runes Consumed: 25

Failed Temple Guardian

Level 63

Campaign: Gold

SKILLS

DEVOUT GUARDIAN FOCUS 21

CONCENTRATION 10

ARMOUR LORE 10

TACTICS LORE 21

HAFTED WEAPONS 30

LOST FUSION LORE 31

SPEED LORE 30

CONSTITUTION 30

BUFFS

T-ENERGY SHROUD Runes Consumed: 60

BATTLE AURA Runes Consumed: 60

I hope this information helps?

Ref Hooyaah's suggestions:

1. Blacksmithing was not implemented on consoles so there's no way to use that skill.  On a similar note, Alchemy is also practically impossible to use since you can't slot trophies.

2. I don't see any weapons skill in that build, so I wouldn't recommend Combat Discipline due to a bug in execution speed (see Wiki for details).

• Respect! 1
On 9/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, Hooyaah said:

Amy, please don't feel "ashamed" about asking for help. Assisting members is a fundamental purpose of this site and Sacred 2 is certainly a very challenging game, one which may be very frustrating and warrants some advice and explanation. For a worry-free character that you can easily get through Niob, follow the guide above in my first reply or the one in the link below:

"Skills:

Level 2: Astral Lord Focus. Try to keep at max level. Improves regeneration
time, raises max CA level without penalty.

Level 3: Astral Lord Lore. Try to keep at max level. Increases damage and
the chance of a critical hit.

Level 5: General skill no. 1. I prefer Smithing - I am not sure if Riding
would be a good combination with SV, Divine Devotion is a poor choice
anyway. Try to get to 5 at level 8, before the next choice.

Level 8: Enhanced Perception/Bargaining (the second one with the Community
Patch). Some people suggest to keep them as high as possible, I tend to
make sure they are above the half of the level of the hero.

Level 13: The second one, not chosen at level 8. Try to keep them about
half of your level.

Level 18: Ancient Magic. Increases the damage of SF, decreases enemy magic
resistance. You may throw some points from time to time.

Level 25: Armor Lore - to lower armor penalties. Throw some points if you
feel the penalties are going too high.

Levels 35, 50 and 65: up to you. I would suggest Concentration (decreases
regeneration time of all CA's)
, Shield Lore and maybe Combat Discipline."

"Equipment. Look for anything with the following effects:

1. +n to all skills.
2. +x% spell damage.
3. +x% XP for killing enemies.
4. -x% regeneration time.
5. +n to Astral Lord Focus.
6. +n to any of the other important skills (Astral Lord Lore,
Bargaining, Enhanced Perception, Ancient Magic...).
7. +x% to find rare items.

Of course, you should pick items with many slots and/or with good bonuses."

You want Skeletal Fortification to be your primary Combat Art and Nether Allegiance to be be the first buff for which to obtain all three modifications.

Runes: Do not eat too many! You want to be able to spam Skeletal Fortification over and over so that there is always a tower destroying your enemies. So, you will need to keep an eye on your Regeneration Time before you "memorize" another Rune. If your tower is exhausted and you cannot immediately spawn another you have clearly used too many runes. I prefer to have two towers active simultaneously. I am linking to another thread where the guide is a bit more detailed and should be simple enough to follow:

Stealthy Utility Shadow Warrior

For PC you may want to download this character and try it out until you get a good feel for how it works:

Invisible Mass Killer

Thank you so much Steve, well I have been able to reach platinum with my invisible Shadow Warrior, with some damage now with hitting enemies with my Energy Staff weapon. Thank you for saying to not eat too many runes, could you please state simply enough for me what not to go over. Example Only 100 runes consumed, do not do this. I would appreciate that, many have said the same as you to not eat too many, but no one is actually specifying the exact figure not to go over. I hope you not mind me asking this? It's vital for me as since I do not know at all. Thank you for saying I should not feel ashamed for asking, all my life I have been good at figuring things out, but of times when I have tried to ask for help, other people have just turned around and told me off, saying I should know the answers or if not, not to bother with that particular thing that I do not understand. Honest truth.

Sadly as a result of both of those things, I just became to scared to ask for help, I know it may seem silly to you. For me, this is a genuine problem and I struggle with it all of the time, but I do at least take the chance to ask, though it not make me feel less ashamed of myself, even though yes I know that I should not be so. Sadly my mental illness has reached a point where I may never stop feeling ashamed of myself for asking for help. No one really understands the nature of my mental illness or anyone who has one. I have it for life, I have had it since childhood, I have gotten a bit better with some things along the way, but I honestly do have a long way to go on others. I shall do my best to adapt my current Invisible Shadow Warrior build to your guide, I honestly do not fancy creating another one, since I have gotten the furthest I have ever done with this game. I will only creat a new Invisible Shadow Warrior, if I am not able to reach Niob, shots from my energy staff are starting to make some impact on enemies, by that I mean it was taking up to 7 or more shots to kill them off, it's dropped to about 5, the shots work at least better when I am facing off bosses, using Demonic Blow fully moded out, Skelatal Fortification and Frenzied Rampage, all fully modded out, it takes a long time to kill off the bosses, but with my shadow knights, it's less work. I have had more restarts than I can counnt and even starting completely from scratch, meaning 0 gold, 0 items in my chest etc. Only to get so far and not being able to go further. Thank you so much for your info and help, I appreciate it beyond messure.

UPDATE! I clicked on the link for the PC Shadow Warrior, but nothing is happening, thought you should know.

Edited by SheHawk
10 hours ago, lujate said:

Ref Hooyaah's suggestions:

1. Blacksmithing was not implemented on consoles so there's no way to use that skill.  On a similar note, Alchemy is also practically impossible to use since you can't slot trophies.

2. I don't see any weapons skill in that build, so I wouldn't recommend Combat Discipline due to a bug in execution speed (see Wiki for details).

Thank you Lujate, much appreciated, I was wandering about the weapons skill too.

7 hours ago, Lindor said:

Hey:bye:

I don't know much about console since I play on PC, hence why I refused to reply to this topic. But I'm pretty good at rushing characters to niob (and then never touching them again due to getting bored with that build lol), so maybe it might be worth for you if I shared some of my experiences with that:

Hide contents

1.Every single one of my standard characters (there are some fun and/or cheese builds I tried that I wouldn't consider standard) starts with the same three skills: The lore and focus of your main aspect you wanna use and armor lore. I keep them maxed until level 75, then I don't spend any more points in armor lore. I hold the lore and focus skills always at charlvl (not including boni).

3.At some point in the early levels, you get four points per level-up but you already have three skills maxed. Choose a fourth skill to bump all of those remaining fourth points into. For shielded chars e.g. this is often Warding Energy Lore for me, but that doesn't matter, important is the idea on how to skill: bump all your points into one skill until you reach mastery. On level 75, this means you get a mastery every 25 levels (since your alway spending one points for the lore and focus to a total of two, it leaves three points per levelup to master the skill you're currently working on. 75/3=25)

4.If you're going weapon based builds, %LL is your friend. Seriously, getting %LL makes bossfights super easy, it's the most op thing ever. You can get this modifier for every char with the tooth and nail set. Some character sets also have this as a modifier.

5.Spell damage based builds however are mostly more about mass desctruction, there are very few spell damage based chars good ad bossfighting, most notably the ice and fire elf and the nature weaver dryad with the last one only working for bosses with big hitboxes. Lost fusion TG can also be somewhat good against bosses though nowhere near the first three examples.

6.If you care about survivability and just being invisible is not good enough for you, then I'd recommend trying out a shield character. The two "meta" builds for these aspects are the Devout Guardian TG (be sure to take the recharge mod for the t-energy shroud) and the bfg seraphim. Since the TG is single aspect and more focused around the buff while the seraphim is a revered technology and exalted warrior hybrid and needs to balance the buff and the temporary buff, I'd say the TG is a bit easier to play although I find the seraphim more fun.

I am however not so much into writing guides any more. I think the main idea of a guide is about reading of a creative build you had never thought about, e.g. there is a guide here in the forum for an unconventional Sacred 1 Vampire. I never thought about that approach so I tried it, but I still did not follow the guide step-by-step and did everything my own way, the only thing I took was the main idea of using a bow as a melee weapon in vampire form - and it both worked and felt great. When I search for a guide it happens not necesseraly just because I want to try something new and fun, I tried for ages building up a vampire that can farm niobium efficiently at high levels and that vamp was the first that could dew it to the point that she was too dangerous too be kept alive:lol:

Another example for that where I don't have problems with the character and just saw something fun and outside the box-ish is this entertaining storyline/guide here

What I try to say is that I don't believe you'll find what you're searching for in Sacred 2 if you're following a step-by-step guide, because either if you fail and if you win, it would be more fullfilling if it happens because of what you did and not what others want you to do. You can look up guides for inspiration, but they don't yield much more than that.

So what can you do then?

Sacred 2 was, as it was released, an unfinished game due to the ascaron bankrupt and we all try our best to make it feel more complete for ourselves by modding or just alternating the games .txt files. I believe that pretty much everybody here has built hers or his own individual Sacred 2 game to make it feel more round.

Here is my personal story:

For me it was mostly about modifying the inquisitors spells because I found he is one of the weakest characters. In the beginning he felt great, but his spells very quickly become super super bad and the only kind of protective buff he has gives a chance to reflect, so it does not really protect you against incoming damage. He can also get his defense value super high and enemies attack value super low but that's about it. And the only way to play him in vanilla is as a %LL weapon based char and stacking a lot of armor and damage reduction. I tried for ages building a spell damage based inquisitor in vanilla and even though I got one to niob it slowly became more and more impossiple to keep him alive - until he died. Frequently. Keep in mind: I'm not saying that he definitely IS a bad character, I'm saying that's how he FELT to me. I felt he should be less about weapons and more about his as an idea on paper awesome looking spells and he should have at least one good protective buff.

And that's where the fun begins: Once you're in the deepest hole Sacred 2 pushes you in, you start learning about mods and how to alter everything the way you think it should be. It certainly feels weird in the beginning to build his own game and rebalance everything, it feels like cheating in the beginning, but one certainly gets used to it quicker than one thought - one can even give her-/himself challenges and make some enemies stronger and some OP things less OP. Now the inquisitor is one of my most beloved characters and something of a personal unlimited power project to me. Modding is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural - but it's definitely worth trying.

So I'd recommend to try one or two of the builds mentioned here to get to niob (but do it your own way, just keep the basic idea) and if it still doesn't feel right, write down what you'd change and ask somebody how you can do that. And then - dewit. As far as I can tell there is a great number of super experienced modders here in the forum who are certainly willing to help you. I'm not that long of a member but the people here seem very nice. I don't know how possible this is on console however, but if it is I wish you a fun journey through the game files.

Thank you Lindor for a very indepth reply, I have copied everything you have mentioned and put it into a word doc, for easier reference. What a wonderful and very thoughtful response, very detailed, I cannot thank you enough for that and I am trying to do my own thing, truly so, but I keep getting nowhere, but making notes of any changes I make good or bad, is a vrey good idea, that way should I make a bad choice,  I am at least to know what and where I went wrong and not end up repeating the same mistakes. So thank you for your suggestion it's an absolute Boon. I cannot thank you and evreyone here enough for helping me out, you guys are all Super Awesome, thank you so, so very much.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:28 PM, Hooyaah said:

The link should be working now, Amy. There is no specific number of runes to memorize because it depends on the level of your character and the level of Astral Lord Focus.* You should be using Spectral Hand on Bosses and Champions while your Skeletal Fortifications are destroying your opponents. Spectral Hand is well modded with Clout, Intent, and Destruction for maximum damage. If you had a PC you could upgrade your armor to Tallin's Garments of Mutation. For play on console try to find armor and weapons and shields with plenty of gold sockets so you may forge in pendants that have a high Chance To Halve Regeneration Time. When that Chance gets to 100% you may memorize runes without such a problem with slow regeneration, This is especially true when Astral Lord Lore Focus and Armor Lore are both mastered. I am trying to balance being sufficiently helpful and allowing you the fulfillment of making the character your own. Never, be concerned about asking for more assistance!

*As a rule of thumb, Spectral Hand should regenerate within a second or so to allow for it to punish opponents over and over. If not, then you have memorized too many runes and will need to not use any more until you Spectral Hand's regeneration is faster than a second for that's when you witness its true potential.

Thank you so much Steve, I actually was not all too sure about the spectral hand, so I will definitely start consuming runes for thar that and wait to be able to mod it out, as I only have 9 skill points currently available. Your information is an absolute Boon to me, thank you so, so very much. Thank you for saying I can ask for more assistance should I need it, though the part about that the rune consumption is different for each character makes no real sense. I mean no disrepect there Steve. Looking at it from my point of view, it only makes being a different character more complicated than ever. How does anyone know when not to go ovre a certtain amoun tof runes tro consume, if it's different for each character. Personally, I would simplify the process and make the rune consumption the same for each character, there is no need to make it be so complicated, is what I am trying to say here. Having different skills will still make each character different and their own combat arts and buffs make them also different from each other, making the rune consumption different too, is simply over kill. I hope to find a better and much simpler way on the rune consumption for all of the characters, following the builds from my level 200 Characters, which I feel are managable and achievable, but only time will tell if I am correct about that. I hope so, I cannot simply thank you enough Steve, you are Awesome. I really mean that.

Amy, if you just need a good "rule of thumb" then your Combat Art Aspect Lore level (which should also match the current character level) divided by nine should be approximately how many runes to consume. So at Combat Art Level level 50 you should have used no more than five or six runes. It is best to actually "eat" one or two and forge the other four into bronze slots which will only penalize the regeneration time by half as much. With the exception of the High Elf's Grand Invigoration, eating less runes is better, especially if you aren't sure. If you determine that a specific Combat Art is taking to long to regenerate don't consume any until its regeneration time is spot on. Then when it regenerates faster than you can use it, go ahead and eat another rune. Once the Aspect Lore and Armor Lore are both mastered, the number of consumed runes may be doubled and if you also have Chance To Halve Regeneration Time at, or just above 100% you may consume as many runes as you wish and you won't need any runes for your characters Combat Arts to be forged into slots. Thank you for your kind words, I really hope these suggestions help you.

On 10/2/2020 at 2:38 PM, Hooyaah said:

Amy, if you just need a good "rule of thumb" then your Combat Art Aspect Lore level (which should also match the current character level) divided by nine should be approximately how many runes to consume. So at Combat Art Level level 50 you should have used no more than five or six runes. It is best to actually "eat" one or two and forge the other four into bronze slots which will only penalize the regeneration time by half as much. With the exception of the High Elf's Grand Invigoration, eating less runes is better, especially if you aren't sure. If you determine that a specific Combat Art is taking to long to regenerate don't consume any until its regeneration time is spot on. Then when it regenerates faster than you can use it, go ahead and eat another rune. Once the Aspect Lore and Armor Lore are both mastered, the number of consumed runes may be doubled and if you also have Chance To Halve Regeneration Time at, or just above 100% you may consume as many runes as you wish and you won't need any runes for your characters Combat Arts to be forged into slots. Thank you for your kind words, I really hope these suggestions help you.

Anything and everything helps Steve, thank you once again. You are most welcome. Is there any good Temple guardian bulds? My room mate would like to know, thank you, so, so very much.

889676449_HugBear.gif.78314be465120a217799206cb3857164.gif

Edited by SheHawk

Amy, the Temple Guardian is a character that I only created once and was never really was captivated by. There is one guide that I would suggest, as it seems sufficiently detailed and well thought out: A Stunning Conclusion: Temple Guardian Build/Guide. I wish that I could be of more assistance with this character. Perhaps, someone else will have some good suggestions.

4 hours ago, SheHawk said:

Anything and everything helps Steve, thank yu once again. You are most welcome. Is there any good Temple guardian bulds? My room mate would like to know, thank you, so, so very much.

889676449_HugBear.gif.78314be465120a217799206cb3857164.gif

2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Amy, the Temple Guardian is a character that I only created once and was never really was captivated by. There is one guide that I would suggest, as it seems sufficiently detailed and well thought out: A Stunning Conclusion: Temple Guardian Build/Guide. I wish that I could be of more assistance with this character. Perhaps, someone else will have some good suggestions.

I think im with Steve on this...  TG, while i THOUGHT it was gonna be a cool class...never had the tone of what i wanted to play with...he was, especially with those noises kind of more of a "lucky" odd person who managed to find his way to the next step :lol:

I LOVED the OP of the Dryad... nothing in any game I've ever played since has matched the sheer ferocity and impact of instant travel darts

mini-miracles

:viking:

gogo

23 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Thank you and not to worry.

20 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I think im with Steve on this...  TG, while I THOUGHT it was gonna be a cool class...never had the tone of what I wanted to play with...he was, especially with those noises kind of more of a "lucky" odd person who managed to find his way to the next step :lol:

I LOVED the OP of the Dryad... nothing in any game I've ever played since has matched the sheer ferocity and impact of instant travel darts

mini-miracles

:viking:

gogo

Your comment made me smile Gogo. Thank you for that.