DarkMatters Forum Updates November - Dark Mode skin is back! Any feedback or errors?

3 hours ago, Lindor said:

Hmm does this mean we'll need a browser extension for dark mode?

MeQPHVf.jpg

Hi Lindor!

We're just looking to see if there's any bugs with the skin when we turn it back on again.  We may try upgrading and we're doing all the backups now

:)

gogo

14 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Hi Lindor!

We're just looking to see if there's any bugs with the skin when we turn it back on again.  We may try upgrading and we're doing all the backups now

gogo

Hey gogo,

Yes I understand that, I was just asking wether the default skin has a dark mode somewhere or we'll have to use a browser extension for that. Since I'm not a very long time member and I'm not familiar with invision at all, it could have been that there are settings for that and I just couldn't find them. Seems like that isn't the case:wink:

However I'm looking forward to that. Love you moderators work, the great Pumpkin totally catched me by surprise :)

Am I blind? Where is the skin selection button on the default skin? 
Also: I seem to be unable to change the default dark mode in Edge. Site is still showing up bright white for me. How did you guys manage it?

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk... im blind

:oooo:

seriously though friends, its only for the day, we should be able to nave normal skin up tonight

in for the huddle now...press close folks so  your eyeballs have minimal singing

:lol:

gogo

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Am I blind? Where is the skin selection button on the default skin? 
Also: I seem to be unable to change the default dark mode in Edge. Site is still showing up bright white for me. How did you guys manage it?

In the address bar type:  edge://flags/#enable-force-dark

Then change the drop down to "Enabled."

• Thanks! 1
39 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk... im blind

:oooo:

seriously though friends, its only for the day, we should be able to nave normal skin up tonight

in for the huddle now...press close folks so  your eyeballs have minimal singing

:lol:

gogo

Ooooh is the regular FDM skin disabled? That might explain the missing button. I think I understood the message wrong then. 

I generally use the default skin anyway because the regular skin seems quite resource heavy, at least on mobile anyway. So I did not notice any change :4rofl:

@Flix thanks for the quick explanation!

Edited by Timotheus
  • zomgod! 1
5 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

To Whom It May Concern:

This is Mr. Steve's Ophthalmologist's office, he is experiencing temporary blindness after visiting this site early this morning. He requested that our office leave a note excusing him for his temporary absence. The Dr. does not believe that the damage to his retinas is permanent; this condition varies widely as far as recovery time. Thank you for you understanding. (Under advisement, I am typing this message while wearing a welding mask.)

- Marlene M. Rachette, LVN.

Oh you! :cool:

But yeah, all you guys will want to turn the dark mode on in "dev options", I.e. flags, in your browsers for tuning in to this channel. 

hmmm ... so last night we bought the new skin for us Titan and the latest update for invision power board and upgraded last night...

but some stuff is looking weird... anyone else notice that our avatars are.. strange, weird and crooked.... 

halloween's over right>?

:crazy:

gogo

• The title was changed to DarkMatters Forum Updates November - FeedBack or strange spooky new errors?
13 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

hmmm ... so last night we bought the new skin for us Titan and the latest update for invision power board and upgraded last night...

but some stuff is looking weird... anyone else notice that our avatars are.. strange, weird and crooked.... 

halloween's over right>?

:crazy:

gogo

Right, right! I thought about about switching back to the Picard meme face, but I kinda like Cohen. Took me a while to get a good screenshot:D

I think if I switch, I'll go for something new again. I'm curious: What is your Avatar? It looks like somthing Indy found in the Temple of Doom xD

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Right, right! I thought about about switching back to the Picard meme face, but I kinda like Cohen. Took me a while to get a good screenshot:D

I think if I switch, I'll go for something new again. I'm curious: What is your Avatar? It looks like somthing Indy found in the Temple of Doom xD

It was my first avatar I'd ever picked in my first ever forum, the Sacred International Forum :D Its the energy of presence of a sunburst that always energizes me... perfect fit :gogo: Some members of the last years have made some for me... the one  that's up now was a remake of the original by Schot...he pulled apart all the layers and set them in rotation like clock piece... pretty sweet birthday present... ill see if i can dig it up

gogo

• The title was changed to DarkMatters Forum Updates November - Dark Mode skin is back! Any feedback or errors?

oooohhhh a shineyyyy :sun: GG Schot, looks good!

Re bugs:

• I've noticed the "Sticky sidebar" feature only works while scrolling until the "Introductions" segment on top of the homepage. 
  • Filing a report seems to take quite some time. Not sure what's up with that, haven't done that much here so I cannot compare this to previous experiences.
Edited by Timotheus
  • Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, jedijimi said:

Not sure if bug on my end or what, but here is screen shot of trying to get into wiki. Started today.
Sorry for big size.

Capture.PNG.5ec090813079a1e50941a18f31af8051.PNG

Thanks J!

it was an issue with old adsense code that we used to use in placed

removed and...cured

:dance:

gogo

• Like! 1