[QUESTION] Lightsabers and Lifeleech

Greetings everyone! I want to start a new project which includes a dual-wield Seraphim with lightsabers. However, I want to use some lifeleech modifiers into the build.
As we all know, lifeleech isn't working for spells (only for weapons and weapon-based combat arts).
My question is the following: Will I can use the lightsabers and benefit from the lifeleech modifiers as well?
Note that it's the first time I'll such such weapons and that's why I have this doubt. Any help will be more than welcome! Thanks in advance!

Sure, both %LL and flat-value LL work with any weapon, including lightsabers. The seraphim has a couple of sets with %LL bonus and there's a 2-piece jewelry set with %LL as well. There are several quests with fixed lightsaber rewards on the Community patch so you can replay them on LAN to upgrade your weapons. The only issue is that they'll be on-level and not above level sabers. But the seraphim is great with lightsabers as she has high Willpower so you should have fun. 

Edited by RetsReds
  • Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, RetsReds said:

seraphim is great with lightsabers as she has high Willpower so you should have fun

Really?:Just_Cuz_21: I prefer purely aesthetically normal swords, so I have invested into str, stamina and, mostly, in vit, and not a single dime into WP for my SW, in the end I have surrendered and used mostly l-sabers, 861 WP(!) without any investments! All the while for seraphim I have always been finding better options in normal swords, not to mention boneslicers:dntknw:

Btw, if I were a CM team member I would be against making WP general stat for l-sabers, just because of that...

Edited by lacr

Do you use the community patch? In the vanilla game l-sabers benefit from str, only in the patch they benefit from willpower. I think it's cool that they are a willpower weapon, it makes them more unique and allows for some pretty interesting builds (such as my former Goldenglade Touch Jedi dryad Ahsoka :D). L-sabers have a lower base damage than other swords but for a class/build with extra willpower they can be awesome. SW is also awesome with l-sabers in the patch because Grim Resilience gives him a ton of willpower just like Goldeglade for the dryad.

The seraphim has base willpower that's pretty high even if you don't put points into it, especially with a high survival bonus. So I don't think you've screwed yourself too much by not investing points in willpower - I almost never put points in dmg attributes anyway, I usually just dump everything in vit.

Edited by RetsReds
23 minutes ago, RetsReds said:

Do you use the community patch? In the vanilla game l-sabers benefit from str, only in the patch they benefit from willpower. I think it's cool that they are a willpower weapon, it makes them more unique and allows for some pretty interesting builds (such as my former Goldenglade Touch Jedi dryad Ahsoka :D). L-sabers have a lower base damage than other swords but for a class/build with extra willpower they can be awesome. SW is also awesome with l-sabers in the patch because Grim Resilience gives him a ton of willpower just like Goldeglade for the dryad.

The seraphim has base willpower that's pretty high even if you don't put points into it, especially with a high survival bonus. So I don't think you've screwed yourself too much by not investing points in willpower - I almost never put points in dmg attributes anyway, I usually just dump everything in vit.

I was talking exactly about CM-patch and that my shadow warrior w/o spent points in willpower, still has ridiculously high willpower, which seraphim will never met, while I am spending in willpower for seraphim to make shields stronger. This is why, imho, making willpower as a general stat for the l-sabers has a side-effect : it "forces" shadow warrior to use l-sabers

Yea, grim resilience and goldenglade do bump up the willpower quite a bit. That's offset by the l-sabers' lower damage and the fact that they're usually lower level since you'll mostly get them from quests. And even when they are better, I wouldn't say you're "forced" to use light-sabers, you can play with whatever you want - I've even seen no-weapon melee builds, there's no need to min-max stuff. The best thing about sacred 2 is that you can do wacky builds. :P

Anyway, the seraphim doesn't have any willpower buffs and only has her naturally high base willpower so l-sabers are a pretty balanced and fun option for her. 

4 minutes ago, RetsReds said:

so l-sabers are a pretty balanced and fun option for her

Yes, probably, here you are right, if we are talking about dual-wielding l-sabers are much weaker(in terms of modifiers and socket number and level) than other options

About shadow warrior if you are using 2-handers, the situation is different : when you have willpower around 1000, raw power of double l-saber is such, that even common 2-handed sword with %LL vs boss looks pale, the only thing to fear - it is bosses like griffin, who are removing buffs

But generally speaking,

12 minutes ago, RetsReds said:

The best thing about sacred 2 is that you can do wacky builds.

You can play for fun, not for stats, this is what I like about sacred 2 as well, you can meditate with it before sleeping :lol:

45 minutes ago, lacr said:

About shadow warrior if you are using 2-handers, the situation is different : when you have willpower around 1000, raw power of double l-saber is such, that even common 2-handed sword with %LL vs boss looks pale, the only thing to fear - it is bosses like griffin, who are removing buffs

There are many cookie-cutters like this one. Acute Mind dual-staff dryad is also insane, from what I've read. It's up to you whether you want a cookie-cutter build or something fun. I'm currently playing a 2-hander warrior going into niob - I don't care that DW would be better, if it's fun, it's fun. :)

46 minutes ago, lacr said:

You can play for fun, not for stats, this is what I like about sacred 2 as well, you can meditate with it before sleeping :lol:

I started listening to audiobooks while playing a couple of months ago - best idea I've had so far in 2020. :D

12 hours ago, RetsReds said:

Sure, both %LL and flat-value LL work with any weapon, including lightsabers. The seraphim has a couple of sets with %LL bonus and there's a 2-piece jewelry set with %LL as well. There are several quests with fixed lightsaber rewards on the Community patch so you can replay them on LAN to upgrade your weapons. The only issue is that they'll be on-level and not above level sabers. But the seraphim is great with lightsabers as she has high Willpower so you should have fun. 

Thanks for all the info! About the sets you mentioned, that's exactly why I asked the question, I kinda want to make a great use of those two Lifeleech sets and there's no other way rather than using some lightsabers. Willpower for seraphim's or Temple Guardians is a neat attribute, I mean what other attribute gives both damage (for lightsabers) as well as survivability (spell resistance and energy shield points as well), no other one than Willpower :D