Jump to content


Dukemon

Unable to Install Sacred 2 on Windows 10 Notebook

Recommended Posts

I was not sure where I could discuss my problem, this is why I post it into the general subforum.

So, I wanted to install on my Windows 10 notebook. Some days ago Windows 10 installed the latest microsoft update, maybe this is relevant. I own the release version from Sacred 2 and Ice & Blood. Installing Sacred 2: no problem. Installing Patch 2.40 first problem, Windows 10 means: "The app was blocked for security reasons" in big red background and black latters. Deactivating security settings from Windows 10 did not work. So, I used PowerShell, it worked. 2.43 was installed, too, on this way. Now I could start Sacred 2 normally. Activating was no issue. Next, Ice & Blood should be installed and here Windows 10 again "The app was blocked for security reasons!" and me then again so "PowerShell!". Followed by the 2.65 patches. The activation from Ice & Blood does not work and the game does not start. I can manually start the activation, but in the final step Windows 10 means again "The app was blocked for security reasons" and now I have no Idea how PowerShell could help me.

Please, any ideas?

 

Just by the way: After I installed Sacred 2 correctly and it started with 2.43, is it normally it plays every video twice?  2x Ascaron, 2x nVidia, 2x Sacred 2. Oh, only one time Deep Silver.

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
On 10/5/2020 at 7:12 AM, Dukemon said:

I was not sure where I could discuss my problem, this is why I post it into the general subforum.

So, I wanted to install on my Windows 10 notebook. Some days ago Windows 10 installed the latest microsoft update, maybe this is relevant. I own the release version from Sacred 2 and Ice & Blood. Installing Sacred 2: no problem. Installing Patch 2.40 first problem, Windows 10 means: "The app was blocked for security reasons" in big red background and black latters. Deactivating security settings from Windows 10 did not work. So, I used PowerShell, it worked. 2.43 was installed, too, on this way. Now I could start Sacred 2 normally. Activating was no issue. Next, Ice & Blood should be installed and here Windows 10 again "The app was blocked for security reasons!" and me then again so "PowerShell!". Followed by the 2.65 patches. The activation from Ice & Blood does not work and the game does not start. I can manually start the activation, but in the final step Windows 10 means again "The app was blocked for security reasons" and now I have no Idea how PowerShell could help me.

Please, any ideas?

 

Just by the way: After I installed Sacred 2 correctly and it started with 2.43, is it normally it plays every video twice?  2x Ascaron, 2x nVidia, 2x Sacred 2. Oh, only one time Deep Silver.

 

This often-maligned and darkly evil game ( :lol: )   has been the source of many a frustrated heartache for the most savvy of players :devil: I'm hoping that this small bump here will put your plight within the eyeball range of some of our community, hoping that they'll be able to offer some advice if so technically and good-heartedly inclined :D

Welcome to the forums Dukemon!

:)

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 

Hi @Dukemon ,welcome to DarkMatters! Such a shame you have to join us for an error message!
 I cannot recall ever seeing that one so let's give this a shot. Is it this one, and does it tell you any specifics? 

image.png.e5ba7cdafde648428c45116d486d010b.png

Then I assume you've tried Microsoft's own support page and Windows Central's article on it?
Maybe GeeksAdvice can be of help? 

 

Edited by Timotheus
  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

I'm throwing ideas here, since my experience with Win 10 is non-existent. But maybe trying to run the exe files from another directory could help? Isn't the Desktop folder a protected system folder? Disabling UAC's warnings or at least changing the app's behaviour could also be helpful I guess.

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
On 10/5/2020 at 7:12 AM, Dukemon said:

I was not sure where I could discuss my problem, this is why I post it into the general subforum.

So, I wanted to install on my Windows 10 notebook. Some days ago Windows 10 installed the latest microsoft update, maybe this is relevant. I own the release version from Sacred 2 and Ice & Blood. Installing Sacred 2: no problem. Installing Patch 2.40 first problem, Windows 10 means: "The app was blocked for security reasons" in big red background and black latters. Deactivating security settings from Windows 10 did not work. So, I used PowerShell, it worked. 2.43 was installed, too, on this way. Now I could start Sacred 2 normally. Activating was no issue. Next, Ice & Blood should be installed and here Windows 10 again "The app was blocked for security reasons!" and me then again so "PowerShell!". Followed by the 2.65 patches. The activation from Ice & Blood does not work and the game does not start. I can manually start the activation, but in the final step Windows 10 means again "The app was blocked for security reasons" and now I have no Idea how PowerShell could help me.

Please, any ideas?

 

Just by the way: After I installed Sacred 2 correctly and it started with 2.43, is it normally it plays every video twice?  2x Ascaron, 2x nVidia, 2x Sacred 2. Oh, only one time Deep Silver.

Thanks everyone for trying to help out!

Dukemon, have you entered those golden doors of Ancaria as yet?

Dragons await!

:dragonbrother:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 
On 10/13/2020 at 8:03 AM, Timotheus said:

Hi @Dukemon ,welcome to DarkMatters! Such a shame you have to join us for an error message!
 I cannot recall ever seeing that one so let's give this a shot. Is it this one, and does it tell you any specifics? 

image.png.e5ba7cdafde648428c45116d486d010b.png

Then I assume you've tried Microsoft's own support page and Windows Central's article on it?
Maybe GeeksAdvice can be of help? 

 

Yay, is this one. I will try it soon to deactivate SmartScreen and than activating Ice & Blood manually. ^^

Thank you for your help, I hope it works. 

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
4 minutes ago, Dukemon said:

Yay, is this one. I will try it soon to deactivate SmartScreen and than activating Ice & Blood manually. ^^

Thank you for your help, I hope it works. 

And still trying... bravo friend, and thanks for posting back... these topics last a loooooooooooong time here at DarkMatters, and we've gotten many many thousands of players through the hallowed halls of Ancaria!

:drunkards:

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
 
 

@Dukemon Can you post a printscreen of the exact file name that's getting blocked? I'm looking through my game files and I cannot find any file named similarly to the one you just mentioned in your post.  I'm unsure whether that's due to the fact I'm running a Steam installation. I have my original disks lying around somewhere...

Thing is, I would have assumed it would be an easy fix, since you did get the game installed.
Back in the days I had to flash the firmware of my optical drive to even get that far, since it would refuse to read the disks properly. 

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

Just installed Sacred 2  + Ice & Blood + CM-Patch 1.60 on my Laptop running Win10...  God old days :B6nFRAh:

I ran into the same problem. UAC can be tricked:

 

1. run CMD as administrator.

2. right-click the patchfile holding the shift-button on your keyboard. The dialog will have an option like "copy as path". Use it.

3. now insert into the command window and hit enter. The patch will run now.

 

I've got no idea why running the patch "as administrator" doesn't give the same result...

 

CU Marcus 

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...