In Capricorn, In Capricorn.

From the rift of dawn,

Till the day is done.

From the starters' gun,

Till the race is won.

It matters not how well you fare,

But did you dare,

O did you dare?

In the realm of thought, DARE CAPRICORN DARE!

In the field of sport, DARE CAPRICORN DARE!

Audacity arm

And make us strong

In Capricorn, In Capricorn.

lol! Reminds me of the song from my Uni as well...careful it doesn't follow you into your dreams :P Great pix and writeup, Theuns, thanks for sharing!

I was only 1 of the 2 school students to enter a university on exam marks

Small class, but you were the part of it that counted. Gratz Dobri!

:)

gogo

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very pretty, neat

What's home schooling like? Always wondered about that.

gogo

I really enjoyed it because I could learn whatever I wanted at my own pace. When I was younger I shared a tutor with a few friends, and then from about 13 years old I taught myself. I spent Grade 1 in a public school, but it was so super boring cause my mom taught me how to read and count and the only thing you ever do is colour in stupid pictures. The good part is that I was never a recluse, so when I eventually went to a public school it didn't take long to get used to all the people and moving classes every 45mins and not having the kitchen nearby for my lunch etc. . .

You weren't living on a small island?

hallig_suedfall_klein.jpg

Few centuries ago a giant flood washed away large parts of german coast, great mandrank. A few tiny islands remained which you can reach by low tide but are isolated at high tide. Because these islands are wanted to work as wave breakers germany pays a teacher for every Hallig = island. Whole school as big as 3 kids sometimes.

My kids have 20 minutes with bicycle (shortcut through forest) or 3 hours with a bus to reach their friends. So they normally want to visit school when it is winter and bicycle riding is not allowed by us, and school is only chance to see them more than once a week.

• 5 years later...

There are no pictures of the school I went to. It doesn't exist anymore and the buildings got demolished. :bye:

Was it in the Netherlands? Maybe there's historical photos if you google it?

gogo

I went to elementary at Col. John Siegfried Elementary, and I'm now attending Northampton Area Middle School. I couldn't find any pics of my elementary, but I found a picture of my current school :)

3-1-1921x1278.jpg

• Like! 1

Besides the International School of Gemology, I went to mostly small town elementary and high schools, nowhere of any important historical note. Now, college is a different story. I spent most of my college years at Kent State University in Ohio. Kent State was the site of the May 4th Massacre, Crosby, Stills, Nash and young wrote a song about it named "Ohio". I also went to Kent Sate's rival, Akron University. Akron U. had the first College of Polymer Science and Engineering in the world, which was founded in the late '80s. They have a really cool giant polymer statue there. Back when I went, I didn't realize quite what it was, I just thought it was contemporary art.

• Like! 1
  • 4 months later...

https://high-schools.com/directory/va/cities/quicksburg/stonewall-jackson-high-school/510351001548/

This tiny rural, and very much lacking in Diversity (if you look at the statistics, which amazingly appear to have gone up in the 13 years post exit). I'm Cuban/Italian, but was pretty much either Mexican or in a few even more surprising moments called black. It was a good experience at the same time, as I went to very large schools in the just outside of DC northern VA area. 3,000 to 400 in contrast as to total students. That made me feel old even though I am "only" 31. Then Blue Ridge Community College nearby and only got to an associates, but am not using it working internal sales distribution in auto parts. Why did I post here of all places? First no less...I have no idea. I think I'd just never seen such a thread haha.

I hope the community patch fixes my issue, I did just update GeForce experience again prior to this so maybe that would have done it, but I wanted to have the optimal version. I played a decent chunk of the base game years back on consoles, but with a top of the line gaming set up for the first time in my life I'd like to try the game out in its ideal state.

Edited by AndrewJandek2B
  • Thanks! 1
On 2017-12-23 at 4:14 PM, AndrewJandek2B said:

https://high-schools.com/directory/va/cities/quicksburg/stonewall-jackson-high-school/510351001548/

This tiny rural, and very much lacking in Diversity (if you look at the statistics, which amazingly appear to have gone up in the 13 years post exit). I'm Cuban/Italian, but was pretty much either Mexican or in a few even more surprising moments called black. It was a good experience at the same time, as I went to very large schools in the just outside of DC northern VA area. 3,000 to 400 in contrast as to total students. That made me feel old even though I am "only" 31. Then Blue Ridge Community College nearby and only got to an associates, but am not using it working internal sales distribution in auto parts. Why did I post here of all places? First no less...I have no idea. I think I'd just never seen such a thread haha.

I hope the community patch fixes my issue, I did just update GeForce experience again prior to this so maybe that would have done it, but I wanted to have the optimal version. I played a decent chunk of the base game years back on consoles, but with a top of the line gaming set up for the first time in my life I'd like to try the game out in its ideal state.

This has got to be the most epic into/first post I’ve read here... thanks for finding your way over to our little community in the nethers.... the cm patch is being led by the brightest minds and dev team around... join  in the cheer and enjoy your time with the game and our lovely community. 

Welocme to DarkMatters!

???

gogo