Where'd you go to school?

Elementary, high school, university?

Got a pic of your old hangout?

This is my high school Pierrrefonds Comprehensive High School

So what if it looks like jail :drinks:

schoolpage.jpg

And this is uni, Bishop's university, yeah yeah all jokes aside about it being Canada's worst university and the leading track record for party schools

...all about the 9 hole golf course :D

bishops2.jpg

Bishop’s University School Song

Raise a toast to Bishop's University

On the mighty Massawippi shore!

We're conditioned to our fate,

We will never graduate,

We'll stay here forever more!

College days will linger ever in our hearts,

Wearing gowns, raising hell and quaffing ale!

And we'll show esprit de corps

As we watch the Gaiters roar

On to victory!

So raise your beer mugs,

And your little brown jugs

To Bishop's University!

bishops.gif

I got the idea for this thread from Myles and I think we're gonna have a lot of fun seeing where people went to school.

My university was two hours away from montreal where I was growing up. It was my first school away from home and I loved the teeny tiny college town I think it was 2500 people at Bishops...crazy small huh

bishops3.jpg

It was in a rural farm area far away from the city and there was this tradition of goin around the town after we all got dunk and look for cows to "tip"

:rolleyes:

I was/am part of a frat, Beta Theta Pi, did my rounds of drinking, carousing, singing and vomitting, Ski'd almost every day and finished my honors degree in poli sci,

Good Years

Show us yer pics and tell us yer stories guys!

:viking:

gogo

King_Edward_VII_School_copy.jpg

timschool.jpg

King Edwards VII Upper School, Sheffield, England

school.jpg

King Edwards VII Lower School, Sheffield, England

~Doom

P.S. Ofsted Report We aren't that good! And the students don't love school like it makes out, and not everyone is included!

1 Grade 1 - Exceptionally and consistently high; Grade 2 - Generally above average with none significantly below average; Grade 3 - Broadly average to below average; Grade 4 - Exceptionally low.

Personal development and well-being

How good is the overall personal development and well-being of the learners? 2

The extent of learners' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development 2

The behaviour of learners 2

The attendance of learners 3

How well learners enjoy their education 2

The extent to which learners adopt safe practices 2

The extent to which learners adopt healthy lifestyles 1

The extent to which learners make a positive contribution to the community 1

How well learners develop workplace and other skills that will contribute to their future economic well-being 2

Yeah.. Right...

P.S.S. We had little notices saying "Students throw themselves eagerly into school life" but everyone turned it into, students throw themselves eagerly off cliffs. because it ain't school no way :drinks:

I graduated from UCLA, University of California, Los Angeles. One of the best public university in the US. :drinks:

Go Bruin.

(I'm shamed to say that there is no bird-eye photo of UCLA at all, so I can only provide some snapshots :viking:)

welcome_UCLACampus.jpg

campus.jpg

PowellLibrary1.jpg

Hmm, I'm currently doing my university studies at the Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies - Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Economic Informatics

Here are 2 of the academy's buildings (the buildings are spread-out throughout the city so there is no campus to post a pic of it) as well as a map marking some of them.

cladireaasebucurestiae8.th.jpg asehr7.th.jpg ase2eu3.th.jpg

The academy has 9 in which classes are held plus a lot of of student dormitory buildings and administrative buildings. Also the academy is the largest in Romania in terms of the number of students and yearly applications. On the other hand my faculty is considered to be the hardest one in the academy (oh joy >_>).

We don't have a song as far as I'm aware, but if we did I probably wouldn't be interested in it anyway. :viking: Also we don't have fraternities here and if we did I wouldn't be part of one since I'm not living in a dormitory.

As for the part of drinking well, honestly I did my biggest share of that when I was in high school :D and I still prefer getting drunk with my old high school friends. :D

Actually here high school years are considered to be better than uni ones and are refered as the "wonder years" (rough translation :D). Also another saying goes that you won't realise that they are in fact the wonder years until you actually graduate high school and move on. Sadly it all turned out to be true in the end. :drinks:

Nevertheless uni is something new, something different and something equally exciting and interesting.

I was educated by those who donned the long black dress and beat us thrice daily!...seriously...ninja's would have been less scary...but now they are much more laid back I hear...can't find a great picture but I'll link what I can.....

claireschool2.jpg

Also stint at Sheffield university studying...haha well more like partying...yeah lots of partying...think thats why I never finished!

claireschool.jpg

And Tim...I am sooo jealous...I wanted to go to your school...my little sister went there and loved it!...well you know as much as kids love it....I was sooo jealous....then we moved down south and I had the biggest chuckle ever....she went to an all girls school complete with hat etc...I can say I still chuckle to think of the justice in that one ;);) ...I know...It's pretty evil eh :cool:

I can't find any pictures of my old school, but here's an obligatory wiki article. You can rest assured that it looks more like a prison than Gogo's did.

It would also be damn near impossible to get a picture of my university, because it's spread out all over Edinburgh. Here's one of our union buildings though. The oldest purpose-built student union building in the world.

University_of_Edinburgh,_Teviot.jpg

I love the pics

Some schools just look so beautiful and the architecture can really be stunning

Everyrone thanks for tracking down any/or all photos of what you got

I'm going to see if I can find a satellite or urban map of my high school as well

^^

:)

gogo

No photo, but I graduated from Harvey Mudd College near Los Angeles CA.

Edit: pics by gogo -- thanks a million for 'em

hmc3.jpg

A small (401 total at the time) tech school. Some say the campus looked like a computer - all straight lines - hehe.

hmc.jpg

One of the "Claremont Colleges" - Pomona is proably the most famous of the bunch.

hmc2.gif

Edited by gial

I can't remember what was my first school....but beginning with the last year of kindergarten to first or second year of secondary I went to the French International School Victor Segalen (It used to have a shorter name before the takeover) which is an international school with two immersions (I was in the French one)

dustin6.jpg

dustin5.jpg

And then I moved to Montreal where I studied at the College Stanislas which is also a private French School

dustin.jpg

And then I went to Post secondary school where I practiced my English at Vanier College

dustin7.jpg

I moved on to McGill University because it's also in Montreal and I didn't need to pay that much of higher education :butcher:

dustin2.jpg

dustin3.jpg

and in August I will pursue my studies at Sherbrooke University which sadly locates "far"

dustin4.jpg

Hope this answer to the question :P

ot

Edited by OuttaTown

c'mon hk...you lazy guy...

where's the pics like everybody else did?

yer gettin big beats when you come home

:P

gogo

p.s. Jun, yer university man...lol, it looks so...so...tropical! Are you sher that's a university? It's like you went to school at a sunny day resort or something! :butcher:

p.s.s. ahh, yeah sorry about the mispelling. I always get that spelling mixed up :viking:

c'mon ot...you lazy guy...

where's the pics like everybody else did?

yer gettin big beats when you come home

gogo

I do not mind...As a boxer, I am trained to get beaten up! :P

ot :butcher:

Edited by OuttaTown

It depends what you like. There are a lot of strange architecture and the opinions about it are very controversial. Here are some examples:

103-0308_IMG.JPG

This is one of the huge performance halls at MIT. (Kresge Auditorium)

103-0307_IMG.JPG

One of the dorms. (Simmons Hall)

big-stata1.jpg

Stata Center (Don'r worry you can't reconstruct it by only this picture)

And some normal ones:

76.jpg

That's the main building, so called the Dome.

Excellent snapshots. I must say I don't understand the architecture of the super modernize buildings.

The Dome is more the kind of building I get, and a lake right next to it! So dreamy, so romantic. :bow:

Ok don't mind me. (not that I would ever find myself in MIT anyway, I can't do math... :oooo:)

Holle cow, Dick, that's where you go to school?

:bow:

I love the archietecture! I also love the structure of old buildings as well, but these are so sweeping and clean.

It's great how everyone's schools are so different.

:oooo:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Our four-legged furry friend shows his roots at a grammar school...

Woot!

No wonder you talk so properly llama...or is that, perhaps, with the aid of spellcheck?

:bow:

gogo