Where'd you go to school?

I graduated from Temecula Valley High School in Temecula, CA. I'd post pics if I can find good ones :woot:

@trd lol 330k metal per hour? dood... how many colonies do you have? I push like 3k an hour on my homeworld, and about 10k on all planets.

• 1 month later...

My high school was in the city I live, Treviso. It's called "San Pio X" and I studied in the Liceo Scientifico. Then I went to Padova to study Medicine at the University of Padova. There I also took my specialization.....(I have no photo sorry).

gorgeous pic huh?

Did you really go there?

Didn't you you feel like you were going to school in a museum or art gallery?

Beautiful school

lucky u

;)

gogo

That is a picture of the room where you did only the final examination and discussion. The real university was "a little bit" different and a lot of the lessons were inside the hospital.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have any pics, but if you google Fairhaven high school in Fairhaven, Ma. you will see a wonderful school that is quite old but incredibly well put together.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to college except for a visit to Penn State for the Notre Dame/Penn State game. They made me feel right at home.

If I listed all my schools, it would be an incredibly long list due to constant moving across country numerous times.

Class of '84

Edited by Rectify

Lets see, this will probably be unnecessarily lengthy.

Since my dad was in the Navy and worked at the Naval Hospital there I went to St Christopher's First School (MOD) in Gibraltar untill I was 6 (Year 2).

Then I moved back to the UK and went to St John's C of E Primary School in Gosport ( for a few months before moving a couple of miles and going to Holbrook Primary School in Bridgemary (Gosport) finished my primary education there at 10/11(Year 6).

After went to the nearby Secondary School, Bridgemary Community School (Fun Fact: One of the houses visible in that map is where I still live). In year 10 and 11 I decided to the following GCSEs take Double Science (since it wasn't a compulsory subject :) ), French, IT and Geography. In adition to the compulsory English Language and Literature, Maths and Religious Education.

I got more than sufficient grades to go to 6th form College for 2 years (age 16-18) at St Vincent College.

99.jpg

St. Vincent's Main Gate/Clocktower. I believe the front buildings were military barracks at somepoint.

I took Physics, Mathematics with Mechanics and Business Studies A Levels and a unit called Diploma in Financial Studies, did well enough in those to take a Batchelors Degree, staying close to home I chose The University of Portsmouth which coincidentally had a a vey interesting course (BSc Econ Hons Economics, Finance and Banking) since it is a city university it is spread out a bit but all my Seminars/Lectures are centered around the Business School. Currently on summer break before starting my 3rd and final year in October and I am just hovering above the 70% needed to get a 1st class Honors.

1683201.jpg

Richmond Building, the Business School itself.

Edited by LordRaviel

I loved the read, LordRaviel, than you. Your addition to this topic had me read where a lot of our members came from, and it was an enjoyable romp through the past here with friends.

Cheers

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Stony Brook University here on Long Island. East coast United States for you out-of-towners. Graduating next May.

It's actually a great school. Worldwide recognition for research and stuff, good science and engineering programs, good academics overall. But, also local and very affordable.

Pictures aren't great because I stole them from the internets.

Old and massive Physics building ("Hard" sciences real popular here):

sbu_physics_building.jpg

Student Activities Center (SAC) holds big cafeteria and some auditoriums for shows and meetings and such:

home3.jpg

The Charles B. Wang (yes, that Charles Wang) center for Asian-American Studies on the right, with overview of one of several fountains on campus:

roof-view-2.jpg

Inside the Wang Center (private donations make it fancier than most of campus):

6j43x987.jpg

The Stony Brook Hospital/Medical Center is across the road from campus. Health/Medical Sciences also popular majors here:

2hos.jpg

Wish I had some more personal ones or pictures with you know, people, in them, but I just googled the school and stole these. Enjoy.

Edited by Sych

Saint - Peeters college in the city of Leuven (High School)

LeuvenSintPietersCollege.gif

Catholic University of Leuven:

This are all my campus (Science department):

route_auto.gif

building.jpg

blok_b.jpg

The University has buildings all over the city and seperate campus/direction. That's why Leuven is called the Student City

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

I went to Raytown South High School in Raytown, Missouri, United States. It is nothing fancy at all, although John Carmack, of DOOM, Quake and id Software fame, went to school there too ;) My physics teacher, Mr. Ellis, remembered him and spoke to me about Carmack's genius. Like how he tried to get Mr. Carmack to stay awake during class but he just kept falling asleep during the lessons. Of course he'd ace all the tests too so he couldn't be too mad at the kid.

{AA160548-29C8-400E-AD42-148CB777CC16}_Web.jpg

I didn't go to college. Went straight to work after graduating early. This explains my poor sentence structure and use of punctuation...stuff. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Started out at Ivanhoe Grammar School in Melbourne, Australia. This private school came with the joys of a poo brown uniform and compulsory chapel attendance. Oh, and all boys... yay.

Then my dad got an immunologist/microbiologist gig in the States so I transferred to University City High School, San Diego.

This had the joys of no school uniform and girls, yes girls. I was introduced to the pleasures of making the worst fashion decisions since the Village People and the awkardness of batting your eyelids and blushing whenever a member of the opposite sex smiled.

Ahhh, I'd forgotten about this topic.. it's still one of my favorites! You're lucky you got to break away in mid school...I remember when I was wee, my parents were trying to convince me of how much fun it would be to gon on "vacation" for school...yeah right ha

My brothers and I's cry fits for a few days convinced 'em we were just right happy in Montreal.

You got to travel though Kristian, and that's a gift

:biggrin:

gogo

That's true gogo - the travel bug has stuck with me ever since. I love seeing new places, experiencing new cultures and all that jazz.

I actually miss a lot of those memories, although when I retell them now it seems more like something I've watched than experienced.

I don't know if any one else mentioned this as I have not read every response but one of the security questions im most banking and other "secure" logon applications is "where did you go to high school?" Put that info with some other stuff gleaned from social sites and a person may end up with enough info to steal an identity or an account on some sites. Yes, it is good to be proud of your school but in this internet age there is already too much info on each of us floating out there. So, use caution when posting about your school or yourself. Just a "Dutch Uncle" moment here.

I counted: 9 schools and 3 universities I visited :)

Here it started: A small school in a village now belonging to Wetzlar. We were too many kids in the year and so the little ones were placed in this building, which was an old school and is now used for the village history museum. They rebuilt the old school rooms, and kept the books and mechanical calculators from the 1950ties. They use to show the new schoolkids how teaching was in former times

370_4846_1_k.JPG

Then several schools, 8 years army and then I decided to study at Giessen, closest university to Wetzlar. Reason was mainly that I had to help my parents with their small carpentry business. Giessen has 75000 inhabitants, a third of them are students. So you can call it an university town. Giessen was heavenly bombed in mistake several times in world war 2. Target was the rocket and gun industry at Wetzlar. But Wetzlar was in a valley and not found in fog. So the university was nearly totally destroyed, even nowadays when doing new buildings, unexploded bombs are discovered.

The rebuild university was very ugly:

luftbild.jpg

Picture shows the nature sciences. At my time from 25000 students 113 were studying maths. We were placed in the cellar of the long building in the right part. Our luck was that the upper floors were full of girls studying biology or medicine which needed help with computers or statistics. So many marriages between maths and biologists.

While writing my diploma I had a bureau to do statistical help in the conference building of the university. 30 minutes with bicycle from university and not hit by the bomb carpets. People thought twice if they really really needed statistical help before walking there :)

JLU-RHH.jpg

Beside Giessen I visited Marburg for my first semester. Marburg is one of 4 hessian state universities and just 20 minutes per car from Giessen. I had damaged eyes from army time and Marburg had best eye surgery in germany, perhaps europe at the time. And so I could recover and still study.

For my diploma I worked together with physicians who did heavy ion research. Darmstadt and Giessen are both hessian state universities. The big accelerator was placed at Darmstadt while Giessen developed ion engines for rockets. At giessen we were programming the software for the detectors at darmstadt. My second last semester I spend at Darmstadt because of this.

Famous people teaching at Giessen: Liebig (invented artifical fertilizer and food extract, probably saved several million lives, name giver after WW2), Roentgen (the one with the X-rays), Haas (doing the first dialysis in history in 1924, but somehow never got honored for this), Einstein (Einstein asked to be teacher, but wasn't found good enough, politics gave the teacher job to a nephew of a local politician), ...

So if I am asked where I studied, I answer JLU.

Then people ask: Where?

And I say the only university who considered Einstein not good enough to be honored by teaching there. Justus Liebig university

I went to college at Louisiana State University

Louisiana-State-Universit-Campus-General-Campus-Louisiana-State-University-LSU-CP-GC-00010xlg.jpg

Can't leave out the Golden Girls!

GGsinGold_Tiger_web.jpg

Mike the Tiger swimming in his new habitat.

1516988892470b96a7984f6.jpg

Tiger Stadium. (90000 drunk cajuns!)

EFXQITVTBTQYPNM.20091011061718.jpg

Last year, me tailgating and a couple o poodles walked past.

21045_1334911255864_1323556914_946856_4518953_n.jpg

Edited by kriv
  • 4 months later...

Bah, skool.

I have no pic's, but, I went to a hole...........I mean school called Beechen Cliff in Bath, Somerset, England.

I left at sixteen and got a job. Next to no qualifications, sadly. Has been kind of a ball and chain ever since, tbh.

That school actually shut not long after I left, and has since re-opened as an opt out school, privatly funded. I hope for the pupils, that it's better now than it was in the 1980's.

• 3 months later...

I went to an Afrikaans primary school, Laerskool Pietersburg Oos, or just Oosskool. and HATED it! :oooo:

This was in Gr2

post-15332-0-04185000-1300738302_thumb.jpg

On the other hand, I LOVED high school! :heart: Capricorn High School! or just Cappies post-15332-0-88052900-1300738696_thumb.jpg

This is the front entrance, (and all property in South Africa is fenced to keep criminals out, not for wild animals)

post-15332-0-63794600-1300738462_thumb.jpg

Me and some buddies for our Matric Farewell.

post-15332-0-48910600-1300738556_thumb.jpg

On our 40days, Chantelle, Rozanne, Dian, and Me, all in our Matric tops.

post-15332-0-10567900-1300738580_thumb.jpg

And every year we have valedictory parade for the rest of the school to say farewell to the Matrics and for the Gr 11's to "take over".

post-15332-0-14096900-1300738884_thumb.jpg

After the Parade the Matrics throw their bashers into the air in celebration!

post-15332-0-73191100-1300738903_thumb.jpg

The Capricorn School Song:

O hear that call

He wins who dares,

Rise from our hall

Ring through the years.

Boldness be our friend,

Make our spirit strong

In Capricorn, In Capricorn.

From the rift of dawn,

Till the day is done.

From the starters’ gun,

Till the race is won.

It matters not how well you fare,

But did you dare,

O did you dare?

In the realm of thought, DARE CAPRICORN DARE!

In the field of sport, DARE CAPRICORN DARE!

Audacity arm

And make us strong

In Capricorn, In Capricorn.

Hmmm... Those schools are waaaay too pretty than mine :P Even the website isn't so good :)

http://geomilev.info/index.php

The banner on top of the page is my school. Quite shabby - and I was only 1 of the 2 school students to enter a university on exam marks - not big semester payment.