Epox Thunderboy Guide "Updated"

level 86 now, so gogo 14 more lvls and I see ya in plat :D

hoopefull you have lots ofm goodies for me hehe :bounce:

omg my mage kicks ass just did the Hero Cave this morning and killed em all it' was a little hard but I did :bye:

Cave of heroes...

:o

They are the ultimate resistance test in the game.

This is the Can Do area of Sacred.

Congratulations on your performance with this build.

:P

gogo

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest FrostElfTwin

re: Trade Skill only level 1.

I find the Trade Skill works best when it's value is above the character level. The higher above, the better. (That is why my level 1 Trade Dwarf has Trade around 26 or higher).

The ratio of Trade Skill to Character Level is used to determine the frequency of items, and the maximum levels of the items (capped at the maximum ever allowed at this level of difficulty).

For instance, with Minimap Uncovered (can't think of the English term): my Trade Dwarf can get up to +27, max allowed is +26. If his Trade skill level were lower, say, only 10, the maximum I would see would only be +15. That is a big difference when you socket 6 of them in Sword and Shield!!

So: I push Trade at character level, and boost it above any way I can (Mammon's is a quick way if you have the equipment) and a Trade suit (maximum sockets, with maximum available +1 All Skills or +X Trade amulets. +2 Trade Amulets are supposed to appear at character level 20. To see them (at all, or) often, you need to push your trade level UP.)

So, I push Trade up!

signed

The Trade Pushing Bunny Jumpers of Ancaria

(TTPBJoA)

u know my mage (on plus) has that amriee book of magic thingy and I looooooooooove it this is a great guide and a great story epox :sweating:

just wondering how do you show all equiment skills thingy like on that picture :)

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for double posting hehe :( I think im gonna try and re create this toon because he was so much fun so the items listet in guide is the ones I need :viking:

and ofcourse I will post pics when he is big and strong

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hehe it's nice to see people still using my guides, put a lot of work and love into, so hope you are enjoying it :-D

Welcome back to the homestead Epox... guest appearance!

Can I get autographs/

:D

gogo

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey chaps,I come seeking a little wisdom from any BM veterans or people of knowledge,having never played this class before I looked around at a few builds and decided this was the one for me.Now as I said I am a novice with this class and would like some advice as to how many runes I should use for each of the CAs as I have no idea,any help would be much appreciated.I see that phase shift has 1 level only but what about the others?.

Edited by wulfgardt

Put most of your runes into Ghost meadow and keep it running.

Leave Lightning strike at one rune. Keep putting points into mental regen (note - mental regen from items does not improve regen - there's a post about this somewhere) and air magic. Even at level one it will take a while to get it under one second. Take trading as soon as its available - try find items with regen spells %, +Combat arts, and magic damage. And try and get a 1H staff with 4 sockets too.

Once you have ghost meadow, points in air magic and meditation, and some regen spells % from gear then assess if you need to eat a rune. And make sure you have magic & spell damage bonuses. LS base damage is pretty low in comparison to FB or ice shards.

Eating a rune gives you a big regen penalty, whereas bonuses from items it is about half iirc.

You can get a Lightning strike rune and socket it into a free socket - you also get the secondary effect (in this case regen spells + 10%)

Make sure to get LL% of 9% from vamp runes. BM is weak. You might find LS on a single target is weak, so don't neglect whatever fire or ice spells you use. Be careful on bosses or champions, let Wilbur take some damage and use yellow potions. 

I never used COA when I played, or fire spells - used a Ring of ice build. It was good to bunch up enemies, slow then down. With stoneskin and flameskin I'd maybe make a combo, have some yellow potions ready.

This build is pretty gear dependant - having set items from Mammons treasures and black staffs is a big help. Mammons gives Trading bonuses too.

Never was able to find Shiny Kite Shield, or Laraimmes book.

Adding some extra info and links -

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Blackstaff's_Icy_Invocation

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Mammons_Treasures

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/SacredUnderworldHome.htm

Nightwolfes site is really informative.

Also if you haven't played the BM at all its pretty tough as he doesn't have constitution, goblins on the lawn are hella annoying if your regen times are high and the archers in the desert are tough. Life leech from socketing vamp runes helps. And I'd start in Bronze till about Level 12, then move to silver.

Edited by Augmint
  • Thanks! 1