Commentary and Suggestions Regarding Guides In Progress

Edited by Myles: Sry to put Indy on the spotlight here. :)

Thx gogo for this idea, easier for me to keep track. I will tag these older comments where they were from.

Progression of Skill

Hey guys!

I'm sorry to intrude upon this thread, but as indicated at the begining of the Progression of Skills + Average Gain per SkillPoint, Extracted from Librarian's full progression tables guides , pms to him would help him with working with these guides-in-progress and allow us to share this vast wealth of data with the community.

I have created this work thread and slave acquiry thread :woot: to better organize the comments and allow room for the community to submit constructive suggestions and tips that could help us all.

If you have suggestions and or comments that can help with all of these guides in progress please add your constructive comments here to help us with the acquiring of the data. The job is long and tedious and with so many guides being worked upon, all efforts in helping us acquire more data for all the guides would be much appreciated.

Offering suggestions upon this thread helps and so do pms to the person making the guides.

So keep those comments going and to show a real interest in the work being done here, please help as well, if you are interested, with the very tedious job of acquiring the data.

Cheers everyone!

;)

gogo

Err, some lines are missing at the end... I think you need to edit and fix that part...

Anyway, awesome guide! The amount of data is huge!

Have you thought of doing one for CAs next? ;)

Gratz on another well made guide. :oooo:

Sweet work Myles!

And again ty fer the time!

Also, lol...it was schot over my shoulder who showed me the trick of grabbing code from your post in the SIF and using it here.

Glad it all worked out and heck...it looks good!

:oooo:

gogo

I'm trying to fix it, but the submit button keep eating the last part....

Thx, glad to be of help.

Maybe it has too many characters?

An admin/mod might be able to overried that limit I guess. Dunno for sure.

EDIT: Or I checked and it only has ~40k characters which is allowed, weird.

Yeah its too long. Its not the content, its the table frame. They all count as one and I'm over the limits.

Edit: Fixed by removing the hypothetical example table, most peeps won't need that anyway. Thx Indy.

Yeah its too long. Its not the content, its the table frame. They all count as one and I'm over the limits.

Edit: Fixed by removing the hypothetical example table, most peeps won't need that anyway. Thx Indy.

Nice to see that you had it sorted out in the end. :woot:

The guide is just as great as before even without the example.

• 1 month later...

Edited by Myles:Guide to Armor Glow

hi there, cool to see this subject touched on here now too :P

Now as I'm reading it, I remember this old thread we had on GSF alread..

..makes me wonder if your guide here is for Plus only/and/or/ UW too...

Conclusion: It is impossible for any character to have all four glows at a time.

hmm.. well because at least in plus it IS possible to have all 4 glows at a time, take the drow for example..

there is this one unique amu that as a counter for resistance and damage as well: eodumars badge of xxx or so.. whatever it's called in the english version

it's also possible to have the 4 glows on other chars, take the sneaking ring of death eg. ...

I have to say, I never tried/managed to have all 4 glows at the same time myself, but here's a pic to watch at, for anyone who's interested in what it looks like :) :

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=34729

Edited by myles

I thought you guys are coming here to complement me on my excellent resizing skill with the too big pictures. Guess not. :P

Its sad, four glow is white, nothing new there at all for the extra effort. Nice find though :)

awww, lol, myles I was actually going to comment on another thread on all the amazing work you've done with the pics in your guides actually!

I was looking at some of the maps and walk throughs and you keep adding more and more detail. The quality of the guides is just getting better and better.

So yeah, I guess I was late on the commenting about that.

Beer for you mister!

:P

gogo

p.s. make that two...I'm thirsty :)

Edited by Myles:Progression of Skill

the 'progression of skills' table tells me, that the values are not for newer UW versions.

In one of the very first UW patches, the values for concentration+meditation have been increased by 50%.

(refer to the fixlist on the official HP or on SIF)

So a level 50 conz skill eg has no longer +198% only, but 297% rsm.. hoooray :P

also, since the beginning of UW, there are completely other values shown for the disarm skill.. now the values displayed are lower..

level 50 disarm skill... value displayed = chance to disarm 0.72% - 2.11%

the 'progression of skills' table tells me, that the values are not for newer UW versions.

In one of the very first UW patches, the values for concentration+meditation have been increased by 50%.

(refer to the fixlist on the official HP or on SIF)

So a level 50 conz skill eg has no longer +198% only, but 297% rsm.. hoooray :)

also, since the beginning of UW, there are completely other values shown for the disarm skill.. now the values displayed are lower..

level 50 disarm skill... value displayed = chance to disarm 0.72% - 2.11%

I know that Rotluchs, they keep changing stuffs that are irrelevant on me. I didn't have the time to combat the changes so I left them alone.

I had a CA couterpart but with so many changes I just threw it in the bin and never looked at it again. But sharp eye as always you. :)

Disarm, I'm considering just to erase that entry. The chance is still a mystery if not an annoyance. There IS a base disarm rate, but WTH it is no one knows. I really don't think the rate has changed for what its worth.

Dear Rotluchs, the change log sucks. I have tracked down so many other changes that are never listed at all. I just didn't say that up front. :P

Dear Rotluchs, the change log sucks. I have tracked down so many other changes that are never listed at all. I just didn't say that up front. :P

totally true - I partly agree.

Well at least the change of +50% for conc/medi is listed, and... phew ! I'm really happy that they did it, especially when I'm playing a pure melee-seraphim... in addition with 2 prototypes - at least now she can rock niobium too :)

btw I also found another change, looked for it as I remembered this one by heart..

it's related to the changes when lvling the armor skill:

for a level 50 skill, a increase of +49% movement speed is shown.

now that was totally overpowered, and has been changed in one of the plus patches already..

since 1.8 or even a bit longer, armor level 50 for instance now only gives +9% to movement speed

(phew no idea when exactly it changed sry.. 1.6 or around 1.7.. had to read the fixlist again for it)

hope this helps a bit...

Edited by Rotluchs
Conclusion: It is impossible for any character to have all four glows at a time.

just thought I'll add a few screenies for a 4x glow in plus (not mine of course thehe)

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=34729

hmm now you made me curios.. looking for a way to obtain the 4x glow in UW.. will only work if I find one of those socketable plus relicts (if there are any left) with 2 counters at the same time I guess..

alright, no sooner said than done - here's my own attempt:

this is my 216 dwarf on closed HC-UW niob, with all 4 resistance-glow auras at the same time:

go4glow4hj8.th.jpg

Edited by Rotluchs