Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Claire our love our local green fairy welcome back!

Been a while darling!

Loco this is Claire one of our oldest friends and original admins back in the days with schot and gogo.

I will have a beer since I am paying for it in the first place. :D

Hey Loco good to meet you! Here's your coffee ;):D

Katran! woo hoo! ;)

Beers all round!

And Bond I see you up there! How are you?, still cooking up a storm in the kitchen I hope! :D

Good to be back here been too long!

Whats the news?

*hugs*

Been on holiday. Not a good one. Even worse back home ... and then ... whammy ... Claire ! Thought you had abandonned us. You missed my birthday you lucky woman! My heart has exploded or imploded or something. Great to see/read you canny lass.

Make us a good cuppa hinny, there's a good lass. :)

With senna pods ...

P.S. I see you found the chef-smiley Schot cooked up, but the old nook aint what it was. I might just blow up the fire now.

PPPPPS 15 May Will someone please post so I can reply (2ce).. I want to see what magic takes place if I ever get to 500 posts. Ooooh the tension and excitement .... :)

Edited by Bondbug
  • 4 weeks later...

You should stop by more often funki! Sucks that the weather's no good though. Its not too bad down here in melbourne but I'm cooped up inside writing an assignment or two for uni so I'm missing out on the fun...so drinks all round!

Ah. So at 500 (posts not years old) you become a spectral mercenary! Does that carry any prestigious (?) rights ... free drinks in the bar ... free poutine once a week?

Edited by Bondbug

Hey ... has that Claire gone and left us again? Or is she hiding somewhere upstairs in the GM's room? ;)

I could really use an Innis & Gunn right about now... just sayin... :)

innis-gunn-oak-aged-beer.jpg

Edit: Crap that's a big bottle of beer! Whew... ;)

That my Friend looks very tasty!

lol spectral mercenary. That's a strange one...not really one from the table of elements, but still a neat sounding one. Congratz on the post count, and this beer's for you, the most expensive beer in America.

BostonLagerPintGlass.jpg

;)

gogo

You're a pal GoGo. Health to you laddy. ;)

When I get to 14,000 posts I will buy you one!

Edited by Bondbug

Here's some interesting info for you guys regarding forum metrics. Our post count here at DarkMatters is shockingly low ^^ We can see that most peeps are here on these boards to get access to guides and use this as a kind of ROM only. A small minority become members because they want to hand an get involved in discussion. And while a lot of other community's seem to have a lot more posts maybe word games and such going up, quality and length of posts at DarkMatters is, on average, higher than the norm. It's probably because this game is so hard, and spammers get knocked out of the running fast...what's left over are good peeps, like you guys, who write well, are pretty eloquent, and find themselves in this very long drama of deciding...

Is that a bug or not?

:)

gogo

it's a social bug, rather then a gaming bug :)

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Anyways, regarding the post count; if memory serves, I've only gotten somewhat 1000'ish count on some forums, where I was a serious poster. And that's waay back in the history. Actually, the forum sank 'cause of stinking mods. Too bad, was a nice place though.

And about DM, first I was more of a lurker type. Went after the builds during S1 times and such. Actually, this is my second account here, dunno, what happened the first one, prolly went M.I.A. or something, but I thought that what the hell, looks like a nice community and stuff, so I might as well drop few lines here and there.

lol spectral mercenary. That's a strange one...not really one from the table of elements, but still a neat sounding one. Congratz on the post count, and this beer's for you, the most expensive beer in America.

BostonLagerPintGlass.jpg

gogo

And don't forget Gogo, Sam Adams has several seasonal beers too. And according to one commercial that glass was designed to enhance the full flavor of beer and the glass is made in Germany (as seen in this video).

And they brew 18 different beers. (as seen in this video).

Edited by Lord of the North

If they do a decent Old Ale I will be around ... :)

Note how the head (foam) is disposed of ... stand well clear (I suspect it is aimed at the barmaid's cleavage)

Edited by Bondbug
If they do a decent Old Ale I will be around ... :)

Note how the head (foam) is disposed of ... stand well clear (I suspect it is aimed at the barmaid's cleavage)

Here's a little history of the Sam Adams brand for you Bondbug.

The Samuel Adams brand began with Samuel Adams Boston Lager. The original recipe was developed in 1860 in St. Louis, Missouri by Louis Koch, who sold under the name Louis Koch Lager until Prohibition, and again until the early 1950s.

In 1984, Jim Koch, the fifth-generation, first born son to follow in his family’s brewing footsteps, brewed his first batch of Samuel Adams Boston Lager in his kitchen, using the original family recipe for Louis Koch Lager. At the time, Koch was working at Boston Consulting Group after receiving BA, MBA and JD degrees from Harvard University. In December 1984, Koch left his career at Boston Consulting Group to focus full-time on brewing craft beer. Shortly thereafter, he optimized the recipe with the help of Joseph Owades, the man credited with the invention of light beer in the 1970s.

Jim chose the name Samuel Adams after the Boston patriot, who fought for American independence, and who also had inherited a brewing tradition from his father.

In April 1985, the beer was re-introduced as Samuel Adams Boston Lager, at the re-creation of the first battle of the American Revolution on Patriot's Day. Three months later, it was voted “Best Beer in America” at the Great American Beer Festival, in which 93 national and regional beers competed. The publicity that followed helped the Boston Beer Company's sales grow to 7,393,000 liters (63,000 barrels) in 1989. The beer was first put on tap at Doyle's Cafe in Jamaica Plain.

Thanks for the background. Seems to be all 'lager', or is that just a general term for beer.

I always thought when lager arrived in England, presumably from German origins, that it was only fit for women, and with lime in it!

Wrong again! Getting to be a habit.

I hope you recognize sour grapes. It was lager (for women, with lime) that pushed my tipple out of the pubs.

Whoops. I see it says Ale on the bottle. That's OK then. Pass the bottle, mate :)

Edited by Bondbug

oooooo -- a bar and a place to spam!

I may have to get some fine Cuban Havana's from the humidor and smoking jacket and join you! I can blame Rommel cause they are legal in Canada :)

ah ha... Knight, I was hoping you'd make your way over here... we even got a secret juice bar... top that Sacred International Forum!

juicebar-b.jpg

gogo

p.s. the beer videos rock. I was actualy wondering about the glass from the first posted pic on this topic. Course it's custom made huh ^^

p.s. Stormwing, I'm just glad you decided to sign up and join us in the frivolities...now... the juice bar needs hands...feel like peeling bananas? ;)