Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

The stupid things happened while the game was running. With nearly everyone watching the match 'street racers' used the nearly total empty Autobahns for racing....

Add that we had very heavy rain....

Luckily it happened not in our area of responsibilty, just 400m on the other side of the state border. So we just did warning lights and signs in advance towards the accident place. One slightly injured but 2 totally destroyed cars.

Our 15year old daughter arrived home at 2am after watching the match at a 'public viewing ' area in the district capital. Looking like a wet cat because her friends and she drove home in rain and using a tractor with an open trailer.

• Like! 1

Dam!

I knew I should have betted money with you on "something stupid happens before the game is over, forcing your firefighter team to respond".

It was a good game, but not as fun to watch as the Brazilian fail.

Cheers!

:drinks:

• Like! 1

That Brazil fail... I was watching it from work.. I remember turning my head away for what seemed a few moments then after looking back realized all the goals had ripped in.

Calamity, horror, humliation... this is Germany's pass/control game ashine

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Yo, is this the "Drunken Elf Tavern? I'm looking for "old man Grackus," I have the tax delivery from Sloeford."

Edited by Hooyaah
  • Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

"I'll join with a glass of 2011 Delaire graff Shiraz"

I'm good, working hard, but almost time for my leave, I'll be the last one to start leave in the kitchen.

really looking forward to it, it is the first time I'll be traveling overseas. My sister and I are flying to Bangkok first for some serious shopping, we will stay there for 5nights. On the last night, her husband, our sister,her husbands and 2 boys, and my mom will join us, and then we are going to Phuket for 7 days of relaxing and having some good Family time together.

How're the rest of you guys?

Delta!

Funny enough Knuckles, I always used to tell people they should take me with when going on overseas holidays, "and I'll carry and look after your luggage..." used to be the line I used...

Delta!

See now all I can envision is some poor kid explaining to the principal why he is in his office. "My teacher asked where I went for summer vacation...And I said I went to Phuket and.....then she fainted and now I'm here"

• Like! 1

Thailand, so lucky Theuns!! One of the best places in the world for high quality ingredients, flavorsome, fragrant... it and french are my favorite taste combos.

Heck I'm jealous!

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1

hahaha... wait a second, I think I understand how you are pronouncing the name... the PH is not pronounced like photo :nooo: , it is a P sound, and the name is pronounced "pooket" like "pocket" with a longer ooo sound. :agreed:

Delta!

Sniff. This summer we stay at home. Got noone to care for animals, house repairs disrupted by bad weather, ...

So we do some:

canooing on the nearby Lahn river: http://en-gb.daslahntal.de/

sail plane flying around all the castles (Braunfels, Dillenburg, Greifenstein...) in the area. Everyone in holiday so the gliders from the flying club were unused in the hangar). Has some uses when the grandgrandpa was one of the people starting the club.

bicycling along the nearby parts of the Märchenstrasse (route following the places of the fairy tales from the brothers Grimm): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Fairy_Tale_Route

• Like! 1

I am about to go in for a skype interview for a (hopefully pastry chef) position in America...

The company doig the recruitment is called "Workaway" and they get qualified applicants from South Africa, Ireland, Romania, and Argentina. The positions are mostly for Florida area, at exusive golf clubs and country clubs. If my application is succesful, then I will be departing for America in October and be employed there for 6months over the winter season, when Florida is still warm and pleasant weather.

The specific country club that I applied for is called Hunters Run, and it seems like they aren't looking for a pastry chef, but someone who is stronger on the grill/meat section... Not really my forte, but I am still in the Run for Hunters...

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

Theuns, amazing news, you have my thoughts with you for successful outcome. Going to America?

Party if this works out!

... please keep us informed ...Florida is gorgeous!

gogo

Full house yesterday. The families of friends were evacuated and they slept in our barn (the kids) and guest rooms. A 100pound bomb with a problematic trigger from WW2 was found near their homes. Wonder how much of them are still around.

One of them exploded a while back without any inout from the outside on a field road. My sister jogged there with her dogs in the evenings hours for years. Luckily it exploded in the moring hours.

I know that the way to hour house and the nearby surroundings are free of them. But I don't know for sure what is in the forests. There were bases for early ground to air missiles which god bombed.

holee molee, a bomb...

that's a frightening thought, and the worries that something like that could be around in daily live

happy no injuries with that explosion!

This round's on me Chattius

:drunkards:

gogo

I heard back from the agency, The Country club that I had applied for wants someone with a stronger background in meat section and who likes doing hot section more...

I will re apply next year and I'll be sure to apply early enough this time to get the first possible opening for pastry.

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

*notices the most beautiful woman at the end of the bar, dressed as an off duty mechanic, "could she truly be a Searapim," I think, as I pass by to check her out a bit better.* "Nope, she's just another pretty woman, 'everyone knows that a Seraphim doesn't reek oil.'"

I heard back from the agency, The Country club that I had applied for wants someone with a stronger background in meat section and who limes doing hot section more...

I will re apply bext year and I'll b sure to apply early enough this time to get the first possible opening for pastry.

Delta!

nooooooooooo, im so sorry Theuns!!

However, you know you've got time on your side friend, what great place you're in to just acquire more time and you'll get this.

Florida awaits!

gogo

*notices the most beautiful woman at the end of the bar, dressed as an off duty mechanic, "could she truly be a Searapim," I think, as I pass by to check her out a bit better.* "Nope, she's just another pretty woman, 'everyone knows that a Seraphim doesn't reek oil.'"

heh, for me, im just going to snuffle and wheeze in a dark corner, perhaps waiting for gandalf to come along and offer me a shiny bright quest... ahh, fall colds...

one order of Neo Citran pls

gogo

Happy :) after a lot of mucking about, I've finally set up a pc from old parts again.

First installment was Sacred 2, bought myself a nifty new headset today, ready to play :)

*lines up the jell-o shots*

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1