Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

• 1 month later...

I was actually in Key Largo earlier this year. Hope everyone is doing well.

Chat, glad to hear your daughter is okay.

Invite us along next time Kriv, I'm a sucker for warm weather!

:)

gogo

Theuns... Happy Birthday !

plans, fabulous deserts on the horizon?

gogo

fellow chefs and front of house people went out for dinner at Hudsons Burger joint here in Stellenbosch, had a great night, lots of talking laughing and jokes.

Starting my new job today. excited but also a little nervous.

Delta!

Thank you gogo. The day went well.

I'm gonna have two people working directly underneath me, a CDP and a commis chef(Student), and I will also be keeping an eye on the starter section, making sure prep stays fresh and stays up to standards. And I share the cordoned off pastry section with the breakfast chef. So I will be keeping watch over her prep and fridge, orders, freshness, cleaning etc...

Delta!

• Like! 1

I'm gonna have two people working directly underneath me, a CDP and a commis chef(Student), and I will also be keeping an eye on the starter section, making sure prep stays fresh and stays up to standards. And I share the cordoned off pastry section with the breakfast chef. So I will be keeping watch over her prep and fridge, orders, freshness, cleaning etc...

Delta!

A good number of responsibilities, and after seeing your creations, work on detailed posts, and your descriptions, I know you're going to nail it.

They're luck to have you!

gogo

• Like! 1

Delta!

A good number of responsibilities, and after seeing your creations, work on detailed posts, and your descriptions, I know you're going to nail it.

gogo

Thanx for the vote of confidence. I still find it great that the DarkMatters comunity support each other so much, even if some of them they have never met in person...

I am quite a different person in the new kitchen. Less lenient, and more dominant in my territory, cause there is just no way that I am going keep control and have the other chefs respect my area... So when they spill, mess or move something, I have already told them to clean up, tidy up and leave it where you found it!

Delta!

• Like! 1

Delta!

gogo

Thanx for the vote of confidence. I still find it great that the DarkMatters comunity support each other so much, even if some of them they have never met in person...

I am quite a different person in the new kitchen. Less lenient, and more dominant in my territory, cause there is just no way that I am going keep control and have the other chefs respect my area... So when they spill, mess or move something, I have already told them to clean up, tidy up and leave it where you found it!

Delta!

ahahah, beast in the kitchen then?

lol think I saw that off of Top chef..it was like the cullinary meme for a while ... see Theuns... yer getting close to already being a vet?

:D

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

Happy Birthday Timo!

:hugs:

Best wishes to my my friend, and hope the day's full of delicious moments for you and your family.

On a note that may interest you, I ordered this cable ...supposed to be BEST as a new android micro usb wire for my phone...does both data and power... 1.23 !! :4rofl:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=5457&seq=1&format=2

with shipping etc came to 7.00 ...still cheaper than what I can get here

gogo

gogo

• 3 months later...
Visiting my Ammamma yesterday. At 92 she struggles while walking. but still has the humility and grace to find time and support for others less fortunate and 10 years older than her. She was unaware of me taking this photo before I left.

Proud that this where I'm from

:heart:

gogo

am1 (2).JPG

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

Yes, some people are like this. A 80 year old from the local senior home asked me to pull a construction trailer to the home with my Unimog. I asked him why and he said he used to be a master mechanic (in germany only workers with a master are allowed to have and teach apprentices).

He said there would be so many repairs at chairwheels, bed mechanics and so on to be done and the money for them could be saved and put in better care for the ones in need. So I asked 3 companies and they all spend tools for the trailer.

There are so many nice people and then you run into fools who are so idiotic that you have to call the police... We planed to thin out our forest roads using 120 degree angles and not the normal access roads ordered like squares. It was in newspaper, it was at the official authority on display for 2 years, we placed street signs when the work would start...

And then a car parked on a narrow road on private ground. There was no owner to see or coming when shouting or starting a sirene. 3 Bulldozer, 8 trucks, 20 workers all waiting and eating up my money. So I called the police. The police noticed that the trucks had no chance to turn and that the only way was to push the car (Mercedes 300 SL, one year old) to the side or break it up and shortcut it. They asked how much a work hour would cost and then said if there would be noone coming in one hour they would remove it the hard way. They wanted just to force access when the owner appeared.

He was angry and very loud and then the police asked me if I wanted them to protocol all his crimes and I said (as my lawyer want me in such cases) yes every single law which seems fitting.

My lawyer and his agreed very quickly that it would be best for him to pay the costs I had without going to court. Last week I got a letter from court: STATE against car owner. The list of crimes is from having 3 bullterriers running freely in rabies area = violation of state health laws, insulting policemen = state law, no car insurance (they wanted to save money and had one for a single driver, but the driver allowed was his wife) = federal law, the tyres to wide and not listed as allowed in car papers, exhaust pipe modified without having it in the papers = state laws...

If he would have just said sorry and that he agrees to pay... Would have to use his own money, because the car insurance was only for his wife. But still way cheaper.

14th time that I had to call the police because fools block my narrow private roads. And I only call in case of emergency (my wife can't drive as a doc because of it) or if I would loose a lot of money.

The long list of crimes was because the fresh police apprentice didn't know that all fitting crimes would be only civil ones. He wrote down all, or he knew and didn't like to hear certain words.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

have fun visiting your mom, I am glad I got to see my family two weeks ago.

Delta!

Did you have a good time over the holidays? My trip was actually so short...I trained down to NYC to see my Uncle and then from there went to Washington and then Besthsda where my mom was... I forgot about that "rich food" syndrome over the holidays...yes, yum, yes delicious, yes seconds... but oh so, oh so bloated...

:oooo:

gogo

Delta!

Did you have a good time over the holidays? My trip was actually so short...I trained down to NYC to see my Uncle and then from there went to Washington and then Besthsda where my mom was... I forgot about that "rich food" syndrome over the holidays...yes, yum, yes delicious, yes seconds... but oh so, oh so bloated...

gogo

Yes it was great. My nephews are very busy and can tire you quickly, we (adults) outnumbered the children at least. I was mostly taking care of the middle boy, Eldu... he would ride on my shoulders or I would just talk to him to keep him distracted... My mother however thought I was there to work... so on the second last night I told her I am tired and just want to relax a bit... she looked shocked, when I reminded her that is my leave time for the year...

Delta!

• Like! 1

Delta!

gogo

Yes it was great. My nephews are very busy and can tire you quickly, we (adults) outnumbered the children at least. I was mostly taking care of the middle boy, Eldu... he would ride on my shoulders or I would just talk to him to keep him distracted... My mother however thought I was there to work... so on the second last night I told her I am tired and just want to relax a bit... she looked shocked, when I reminded her that is my leave time for the year...

Delta!

hahahha, family's expectations always take us by surprise huh...even me when im quiet, everyone expects me to "promotivate" the party... sometimes Im like...pahfft.. :P Yes, you're right..its yer vacay...order in PIzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

gogo

I'm so sorry I missed this... but a big happy birthday to you dear friend Theuns... ! Hope you had a wonderful time with your friends.. how was the hangover?

:lol:

gogo

No hangover... I only had a few bottles of wine, I can handle my wine pretty well... but other liquor is what knocks me down,

I had a great day however.

Delta!

• Like! 1

I'm so sorry I missed this... but a big happy birthday to you dear friend Theuns... ! Hope you had a wonderful time with your friends.. how was the hangover?

gogo

No hangover... I only had a few bottles of wine, I can handle my wine pretty well... but other liquor is what knocks me down,

Delta!

only a few bottles huh^^ Im happy hearing you celebrated...was there a special cake...did you have to bake or someone made something for you?

Oh the stress !

:4rofl:

gogo

gogo

Delta!

only a few bottles huh^^ Im happy hearing you celebrated...was there a special cake...did you have to bake or someone made something for you?

Oh the stress !

:4rofl:

gogo

Yes just a few bottles.

nope, no cake.

Delta!

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

A few snaps and vids from this Easter Weekend

We had an amazing Easter EGg Hunt at my cuz's place up in the country. They do this annually, all the kids from surrounding farms, and their parents. Bonfire, marshmallows, pot luck, 30 screaming kids and their adults...

Easter EGg Hunt 2017!

gogo