Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

4 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Happy (belated) Birthday to Schot! Sounds you guys feasted well in celebration :)

Thanks DB... final imbibement

IMG_3333.jpg

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i got to see my aunt finally after months of Covid.  She's my GodMommy who has always loved to cook me great Sri Lankan food.  She's immensely resourceful, even in times like this, and her come-back from Pancreatic Cancer after a 8.5 hour long operation has done a lot to draw our family even closer togethe.  She lives a bit far from me in the East side of Montreal.  Lots of french speaking with age-old long staircases, high ceilings and very very old roads, with wooden ornamentals

I thought this picture of her standing outside to wave me over to her balcony to climb up the stairs was heart-stirring...u know that feeling? :heart: 

IMG_4039.jpg

This pic is going to cement in me for a while this great memory of my summer with my family 

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 8:37 AM, chattius said:

Today 250 years ago Napoleon was born.

Today 1:37 am 57cm and 3459gramm Marada Runhild made me a grandpa.

Normally it would be a big birthday party ...

A birthday party for a one year old should have kids from the mother group, the god parents, ....

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Guys I need a good strong cup of coffee... Like a slap-to-the-face strong because apparently I deserve one lol
Just to clarify why that is: I have to stop looking at eBay. My GF thinks I've gone nuts but I bought new rims for my car. I've bought 16" gloss black lightweight racing rims. The ones I have now are... also 16"... and also gloss black...:4rofl:

I walked into the kitchen where she was making tea:
Babe, I * miiight * have... accidentally... bought new wheels for my car... :blush: <-- outside :woot:<-- inside

Her response?
"You are not supposed to say it like that with a smug look on you face!" :cha(18):

She mocks my fascination with my cars :lol: but she lets me be me about it :wink:

• Haha 1
On 10/6/2020 at 8:02 AM, Timotheus said:

Guys I need a good strong cup of coffee... Like a slap-to-the-face strong because apparently I deserve one lol
Just to clarify why that is: I have to stop looking at eBay. My GF thinks I've gone nuts but I bought new rims for my car. I've bought 16" gloss black lightweight racing rims. The ones I have now are... also 16"... and also gloss black...:4rofl:

I walked into the kitchen where she was making tea:
Babe, I * miiight * have... accidentally... bought new wheels for my car... :blush: <-- outside :woot:<-- inside

Her response?
"You are not supposed to say it like that with a smug look on you face!" :cha(18):

She mocks my fascination with my cars :lol: but she lets me be me about it :wink:

wow...she is so supportive!! lol or she has ulterior plan for you? :lol: I know that sinking purchase rabbit hole we can get into with purchase pages on amazon and ebay...they are fascinating, frightening and soooo compelling... ive had share of "special days' where my clicks have exceeded my wallet...but Timo... tires? LOL...  I dont think i've gone so far...

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. instead of a coffee...how bout a triple espresso friend ! 

• 4 weeks later...

Brought some breakfast muffins in for y'all everyone! Thought this would go well with the morning roast. Schot's been re-making these day cookies now for more than a year... I will say getting somewhere good... the chopped almonds in side give that extra "oomph" we all love when biting into a cookie...he compares them to that elven bread...i forget that name... remember the stuff that Frodo was eating on his way to fight the dark lord.. :lol:

IMG_5807.jpgIMG_5806.jpg

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

We tried this for the first time last night... trying to find some kind of a tie-in with our lately acquired taste for ginger beer... we loved putting grand marnier in with lime juice .. a dark and stormy...but the Grand marnier was so expensive, we tried cheaping out :lol: with apple flavored scotch :sick:... ayup... and so now we dropped down to triple sec... which... was not too bad i guess with the ginger beer... maybe a tad too sweet? up the levels is next cointreau and then back to grand marnier.. we shall see 

IMG_5907.jpg

:drunkards:

gogo

On 11/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, gogoblender said:

Brought some breakfast muffins in for y'all everyone! Thought this would go well with the morning roast. Schot's been re-making these day cookies now for more than a year... I will say getting somewhere good... the chopped almonds in side give that extra "oomph" we all love when biting into a cookie...he compares them to that elven bread...I forget that name... remember the stuff that Frodo was eating on his way to fight the dark lord.. :lol:

IMG_5807.jpgIMG_5806.jpg

gogo

You are refering to Lembas bread. A small bite is supposed to give a full grown man enough strength for a whole day.

Those cookies look good gogo. I make a pretty decent oat and cranberry cookie that we sell in the deli at my current place of employment. They are selling like, well, like sweet cakes...:connie_witchy::D

6 minutes ago, Delta! said:

You are refering to Lembas bread. A small bite is supposed to give a full grown man enough strength for a whole day.

Those cookies look good gogo. I make a pretty decent oat and cranberry cookie that we sell in the deli at my current place of employment. They are selling like, well, like sweet cakes...:connie_witchy::D

hahaha...i can "feel" that yumminess Theuns!:hugs: cranberries is always a great hit of acid! And perhaps thats what Schot was missing in these cookies... I can get picky with taste profiles...and I told him that him boiling the almonds (sigh have no idea why he does that but it makes me go crazy..hes a health food addict :crazy:)  

We came back from shopping a few days ago and i bought *gasp* macamia nuts... SO TASTY... SO EXPENSIVE... i really need texture in my food.... that little crackle of a nuts goes some distance

gogo

43 minutes ago, Delta! said:

I can share the recipe if you want it...? it is mine, not the works recipe.

Absolutely Theuns! no promises on perfection :D But... at least we can see if Brad will at least take a peek to see pro's work

:D

gogo

Happy Birthday to Pearl Gertrude Arulanantham. My dear Ammamma. 96, strong and saucy !!

Thanks to all my family who for the last few weeks has been incredibly supportive and thoughtful as we slowly transition her to a new, beautiful and permanent home.

She still loves chatting, you can direct message me and I'll be happy to share her phone number at Ste Anne's Veteran's Hospital. And HUGE thanks to the super powered nursing, social worker and physical therapy teams who have been with her every step of the way in these dangerous Covid times. We hope the cakes are yummy and that there's enough for all the teams today. God Bless!

9b155c4d-3b1c-4f6b-bb29-7318e2140045.jpg

:heart:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

**drops off several gallons of delicious spiced eggnog** This refreshment is only improved by a generous shot of good Kentucky bourbon.**

Enjoy, my friends!

:christmastree::ded_snegurochka:

• Like! 1
19 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

**drops off several gallons of delicious spiced eggnog** This refreshment is only improved by a generous shot of good Kentucky bourbon.**

Enjoy, my friends!

:christmastree::ded_snegurochka:

Ahhh, eggnog!

are you making your own Steve?

I may just pick some up from the grocery today.. I believe it and Jim Beam are fated

:d_dance:

gogo

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Ahhh, eggnog!

are you making your own Steve?

I may just pick some up from the grocery today.. I believe it and Jim Beam are fated

:d_dance:

gogo

I just pick some up at the local grocery and then I will add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg before I indulge. Sometimes, it's difficult to decide between eggnog and hot cocoa.

:connie_xmas-moose:

1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

I just pick some up at the local grocery and then I will add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg before I indulge. Sometimes, it's difficult to decide between eggnog and hot cocoa.

:connie_xmas-moose:

ah, yah the cinnamon and eggnog on important adds that extra... ill add it for tomorrow seasons cocktail

IMG_6391.jpg

:drunkards:

gogo

Never saw eggnogg in a shop. We can buy Eierlikör (egg liqueur = advocaat). Most preferred by the girls in the family outside wintertime is a cocktail named Blonder Engel (blonde angel). Advocaat, crushed ice and orange juice. In opposite to the video we do two orange discs and arrange them like angel-wings.

• Like! 1
On 12/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, chattius said:

Never saw eggnogg in a shop. We can buy Eierlikör (egg liqueur = advocaat). Most preferred by the girls in the family outside wintertime is a cocktail named Blonder Engel (blonde angel). Advocaat, crushed ice and orange juice. In opposite to the video we do two orange discs and arrange them like angel-wings.

This reminds me of what we get from a this big huge building down away about 30 minute walk away called the Orange Julep... a montreal Julep and French Fry institution!!

http://www.pentictonherald.ca/travel/article_6ec21faf-6f74-5760-87fd-15094c585017.html

575ebc8d0b476.image.jpg

During the summer the parking lot is packed with beautiful cars with everyone checking the beauties out and supping on fresh fries and creamy milky orange juleps to slurp

:dance:

gogo