Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

On 8/13/2022 at 3:27 AM, chattius said:

It is something strange: you have to pay hundreds or thousands of dollar for a pure breed.

Those forest cats are one of the most sought after breeds around these days...funny how breeds come in and out of "fashion" 

And a heart good morning folks and famfam, its a picture perfect montreal day, and we can start to feel a bit of falls coolness in the early mornings but great hot and humid in the afternoons.

Happy Sunday all, may you find your bbq

:d_dance:

gogo

Forest cats: My avatar is the European Wildcat - felis silvestris. This is latin for forest cat. The European Wildcat is the only cat which can't be tamed, in difference to pets like lions, tigers, leopards,.. The housecat has no European Wildcat genes.

If you walk through our forest you may notice some wooden poles with a rough surface. If you have a good nose you may smell valerian. Valerian is close to the sexual hormone of cats. The idea is that wildcats smell the valerian and rub their body at the pole. This will leave hairs and the hairs are send to university for gen analysis; pure wild cat or a mix, happened 4 weeks ago. The group of biology students we host in our forests and which were placing the poles were happy because most of the hairs said Wildcats, plurale because it are at least 5 different probes, one mother and 2 of her kiddens among them.

15-1.jpg

25 years back there was a cat crossing build at the nearby Autobahn. When we moved to our nowaday house 20 years back we saw Wildcats a few times but never young ones. So it must have been stranglers. 5 years back our second shot a photo of kiddens which were with a high probability wildcats but there was no genetic proof. But now we are official Wildcat territory.

• Like! 1

Moooorning everyone,  5 55 am here, thursday and coffee time!
bought this small bag of ground, and its turned out pretty yummy, dark and heavy, love it strong

IMG_0774.jpg

No running today, just a 3 or 4 k walk...but well see if thats too boring!

:P

gogo

My wife has a coffee mill in her praxis, she like coffee real fresh from full beans and serves it at patient interviews. She says patients are more relaxed when they notice that you will take some time for them, Shown by coffee making while the interview.

I normally donÄt drink coffein when working with explosives. But I am a barbarian and when at firefighter nightwatch at weekends I need just the coffein, could even be Muckefrak. In the after war years grandpa made everyting to earn some money. Muckefrak is coffee replacement, could be from ancient german or french Mocca Faux, a faked mocca. Grandpa was using local chicory, lupines, acorns and spelt. Production is a bit time eating if not shared or sold (for him at the blackmarket when there were 3 years of no money). Shoe cream from lard and coal, cigars from cherry leaves fermented in the compost - rather the place where horseapples and cow fecales go ;) 

He was carving and selling mousetraps which could catch more than one mouse. But he was never slaughtering fat cats and selling them as hares as many did.

MUCKEfrak - M U C K E frak - MUCKEFÜCK without dots

I don't want to flame the nowadays manufacturers, but grandpa's tasted best. I have to mix 2 parts of the first with one one part of the second for a close tasting brew,

auto-censoring was touching the name :sob:

Muckefuck_.JPG

Feinstoff_Dose_muckefuk_schatten_v2@2x.p

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, chattius said:

My wife has a coffee mill in her praxis, she like coffee real fresh from full beans and serves it at patient interviews. She says patients are more relaxed when they notice that you will take some time for them, Shown by coffee making while the interview.

I normally donÄt drink coffein when working with explosives. But I am a barbarian and when at firefighter nightwatch at weekends I need just the coffein, could even be Muckefrak. In the after war years grandpa made everyting to earn some money. Muckefrak is coffee replacement, could be from ancient german or french Mocca Faux, a faked mocca. Grandpa was using local chicory, lupines, acorns and spelt. Production is a bit time eating if not shared or sold (for him at the blackmarket when there were 3 years of no money). Shoe cream from lard and coal, cigars from cherry leaves fermented in the compost - rather the place where horseapples and cow fecales go ;) 

He was carving and selling mousetraps which could catch more than one mouse. But he was never slaughtering fat cats and selling them as hares as many did.

MUCKEfrak - M U C K E frak - MUCKEFÜCK without dots

I don't want to flame the nowadays manufacturers, but grandpa's tasted best. I have to mix 2 parts of the first with one one part of the second for a close tasting brew,

auto-censoring was touching the name :sob:

Muckefuck_.JPG

Feinstoff_Dose_muckefuk_schatten_v2@2x.p

Heh … Laughing at the third one chattius … Definitely framable

and went to visit Ammamma last night, they served her a vegetarian meal last night, poor thing, she wasnt very pleased :lol:

IMG_0826.jpgIMG_0823.jpg

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Heh … Laughing at the third one chattius … Definitely framable

and went to visit Ammamma last night, they served her a vegetarian meal last night, poor thing, she wasnt very pleased :lol:

IMG_0826.jpg

Last time I saw such a look full of question marks at a meal was while a sales meating in Avignon. The restaurant card had 3 entries for each menu: business, family and wanderer.

I had our third with me, she was visiting the town while we had the meeting. At the evening meal she joined us. My daughter ordered wanderer and the rest business size. The garcon was bringing just business meals. My daughter was really hungry and did a shocked look at the milli micro nano pico femto meal.

business - highly  decorated small portions so you could really eat all

wanderer - big portion, not much decoration

• Haha 1

Morning all, one round of coffees for the gang!

lol chattius, yah she wasnt very happy...but id brought her a filet o"fish from Mcdonalds as a treat and she loved that ...nice for her soft gums. Ammamma's never really been a fan of pasta, and she wont even try it anymore

:lol:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

*stumbles in*

Hi all, been awhile :bye: work has been non-stop after our summer holiday, thankfully me and the missus have tomorrow off... We'll be spending the weekend away from home because the Dutch GP is this weekend! :oooo: It will be our second time @ the Dutch GP, and our third F1 race we'll see live. Really looking forward to spend a few days away and outside, the weather will be lovely as well. Have a nice weekend everyone :sun:

• Appreciation 1

Dutch GP? So we will have to close the windows at weekend...

Many from netherlands visit the camping place 2 hills away because Wilhelm von Oranien was born in nearby Dillenburg. Last year they had a big canvas abd projected the race on it and did a lot of loud party till early morning next day.

I just don't understand why they visit Dillenburg. The official english page of the anthem translates 'duitsen' as dutch or good but not as german.

Our third was visiting the art classes of the Wilhelm von Oranien Schule

logo-wvo-200.png

The anthem sounds ugly if sung mid at night by drunken people, believe me.

The Wilhelm tower at Dillenburg, nice watch if you fly a glider

1280px-Wilhelmsturm_Dillenburg_Luftbild.

My brother is married to a dutch girl, my neighbour and good friend is dutch, but still in summer it is what I was taught at driving school

Schwarze Schrift auf gelbem Grund

halte Abstand, bleib gesund

Black letters on yellow ground (dutch car signs), keep distance, stay healthy

It was because we have very high valley bridges where winds are way faster than on ground the  cars with trailers often wave over all lanes

• Like! 1

Well Floor Jansen will be singing our national anthem on Sunday so I’ll be fine :) 

We’re staying in a hotel in Haarlem, which is fairly close to the track. Don’t get the fuss with  Dillenburg either chattius, those people must have a terrible sense of direction since the track is on the opposite side of our little country… :chattius:

• Like! 1
On 9/1/2022 at 4:29 PM, Timotheus said:

*stumbles in*

Hi all, been awhile :bye: work has been non-stop after our summer holiday, thankfully me and the missus have tomorrow off... We'll be spending the weekend away from home because the Dutch GP is this weekend! :oooo: It will be our second time @ the Dutch GP, and our third F1 race we'll see live. Really looking forward to spend a few days away and outside, the weather will be lovely as well. Have a nice weekend everyone :sun:

Welcome back Timo! Here to wish you, the missus et all a lovely weekend as well! The Montreal F1 is a huge buzz here, the entire island taken out by the race track with streets like Crescents's restaurants packed with eatering and drinkering for days, street festivals, dancing and our little city swarmed with visitors... I can only imagine more of the same for your GP, and as we celebrate a long labor day weekend here in MTL am just as thankful for this timely vacation after a loong end of summer at work, hope you are both feasting and eating well!

:dance2:

gogo

ps After your GP I guess there'll be a few (many!) hours of racing at home with that awesome racing wheel you picked up a while back?

Racing with family used to be combined driving with carriages. Girls like horses. Now they are older and have boy friends so my wife counts the days till her reserve car gets 30 years old which allows it for vintage car sport. It is a VW Corrado VR6. My vintage car is 50 years old and currently driven by her at vintage car 'races', Her grandpa did win some motorbike races with side cars and he took her as a monkey at some crosscountry sidecar races when she was a teen. So it is in the genes of her family I guess.

Vintage car races can hurt. If you destroy a car you have to stand still while all other drivers pass you and give you a slap in the face with their driver gloves.

So far I was never on the receiving end but one time on the given one (sniff, was a nice Borgward Isabella)

The Corrado even made it into Top Gear

• Like! 1

If you ever thought who is this crazy Chattius, let you told that I am the calm and controlled in my monkey family. I have the body of a monkey with too short legs after a virus disease as a teen. But my wife was a real monkey.

Don't know why they are named 'passengers' in english sport rules. I think 'monkeys' is way more fitting. I remember when we did our first combined racing. The marshall asked me if I had experience as a monkey. I said I am not insane, I am the driver, my wife was an insane monkey for two decades  :)

Even we have a sidecar, I used it mainly to drive a kid to sport through real narrow forest roads.

Georg_von_Stein_Donaueschingen-d5b1f6552

Race car driving is a walk in the park.

s.jpg

P90191178-riding-skill-and-acrobatics-co

• Like! 1

The racing setup is currently disconnected @gogoblender because we need the room to house my mother in law for a bit. We've actually had to rearrange our "office space" for it so she has some room to herself.

It was a fun weekend, thankfully not the 31 degrees Celsius it is now but it was humid yesterday. Exciting race though! Now a last day to chill out and get ready to go back to work again. 

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/5/2022 at 6:37 AM, Timotheus said:

The racing setup is currently disconnected @gogoblender because we need the room to house my mother in law for a bit. We've actually had to rearrange our "office space" for it so she has some room to herself.

It was a fun weekend, thankfully not the 31 degrees Celsius it is now but it was humid yesterday. Exciting race though! Now a last day to chill out and get ready to go back to work again. 

Getting back to a good routine to work is often just as exhausting a procedure as the tiredness we felt before going on vacation 

:lol:

Hello Good people... A happy Sunday and a nice round of coffees for everyone !

:coffeecup:

gogo

On our way to Thanksgiving late lunch and Schot put together a small gift bag for nephew who just turned 12...  will show you a pic of the hoodie after, but its very "in" he says and comes in with built in goggles ? 

Check out the decorated bag we put the sweatie in.. Schot's got skillz :D

image.png

• 1 month later...

5 47 am here...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...trying to get back into a early morning /walking routine..here we go..its Friday, if not for anything just the weekend :P
Now... where's that early morning Expresso when you need it :lol: 
!
IMG_2544.jpg

• 6 months later...

Do you know that Darkmatters is considered a cosmic mystery?

But robbed of its secrets - will Darkmatters still be the same?

While we did a family trip to the opening of Germany's biggest rope bridge just minutes away - ESA started Euclid, a research satellite to find out what dark matter is.

https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/Euclid/ESA_s_Euclid_lifts_off_on_quest_to_unravel_the_cosmic_mystery_of_dark_matter_and_dark_energy

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 9:14 AM, chattius said:

Do you know that Darkmatters is considered a cosmic mystery?

But robbed of its secrets - will Darkmatters still be the same?

While we did a family trip to the opening of Germany's biggest rope bridge just minutes away - ESA started Euclid, a research satellite to find out what dark matter is.

https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/Euclid/ESA_s_Euclid_lifts_off_on_quest_to_unravel_the_cosmic_mystery_of_dark_matter_and_dark_energy

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ..is that it ? and here i was thinking it was the Guide to the Universe! 
:D

gogo

ps woooo, been a while since i been here.. feeling the weekend coming up, how bout a VERY sunny margarita :D