Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

That vanilla coke sounds yummy (actually .. never even tried one before o_O). We're out of sugar! Coffee tastes like... Coffee!

noooooooooooooooooooo

:)

gogo

Morning Gogo, where's that McMuffin? *sits down at the bar and pulls a bag of sugar out of his backpack*

Edited by Furian67

heheh, had some two for one coupons for Mcd`s still in my backpack so scarfed them down for breakfast :) The vanilla coke sounds so refreshing...specially now as I`m at work and it`s pretty dry in here with all the heating...

And, you guys are gonna like this... one of my friends offered me a cool island drink from Haiti...it`s his favorite he says and it reminds me of the Elephant House drinks you can get in Sri Lanka that has a flavor that is unique called Porto bello or something like that... this haitian drink he had came in a can, was fizzy and ...tasted like a chococlate milk shake coke!

Taste was so strange...almost gagged when I first sipped...but then closed my eyes and relaxed on the flavor and all of a sudden the appreciation sunk in... was very refreshing... a fizzy malt beverage in a can!

gogo

• 1 month later...

Ah... I was always wondering what people were talking about when they referred to the bar... this must be it!

Hm. Pretty dead in here for the last month or so eh? Nothing but echoing "hello's"...

Guess now is a really good time to offer up a round of drinks! :D:P:)

Ah... I was always wondering what people were talking about when they referred to the bar... this must be it!

Hm. Pretty dead in here for the last month or so eh? Nothing but echoing "hello's"...

Guess now is a really good time to offer up a round of drinks! :D:P:)

so are you caught up in the Olympic Frenzy there Scrappy? Its gotta be spread all over the west coast of BC I imagine.

I'm far enough north of the coast that I'm not being subjected to the obscene number of tourists and people... :P

Yeah, pretty nuts though. Residents of Vancouver (a city population of approx. 3 million people) have been told not to drive anywhere... it's a huge city so I can't imagine relying on public transportation or (god forbid!) walking to get to and from places. Nuts. A whole lot of business have shut down during the Olympics just because their staff can't get to and from work reliably!

Still, I have family that lives down there and apparently it's quite something. Just the sheer vendor presence is nuts alone... parties and free concerts every night, thousands of vendor tents from dozens of different countries (all of which serve alcohol of course!). Must be something to see...

Edited by Scrappy McSlap
I'm far enough north of the coast that I'm not being subjected to the obscene number of tourists and people... :P

Yeah, pretty nuts though. Residents of Vancouver (a city population of approx. 3 million people) have been told not to drive anywhere... it's a huge city so I can't imagine relying on public transportation or (god forbid!) walking to get to and from places. Nuts. A whole lot of business have shut down during the Olympics just because their staff can't get to and from work reliably!

Still, I have family that lives down there and apparently it's quite something. Just the sheer vendor presence is nuts alone... parties and free concerts every night, thousands of vendor tents from dozens of different countries (all of which serve alcohol of course!). Must be something to see...

Sounds Crazy! and fun eh?

Yeah, definitely feeling the patriotism over here! :P I'm not really into sports much, but there's still an amazing number of talented athletes competing here that should make their respective countries very proud!

The olympics will also do some pretty amazing things for our tourists industry and housing market, that's for sure... gotta love long-term benefits. :D

On a side note, I just reread my previous post (since you quoted it in your reply, loco) and I used the word "nuts" an alarming amount of times... just an odd thing that I noticed. I make myself wonder sometimes... :)

I was just settling in for a nice day off...first one I would have had since I returned to work in Dec......didn't even make it to 815am before the boss called and asked if I could come in later and do a repair for a Fire Dept......and I just got a nice hot cocoa and slid on my fuzzy slippers too :D

Can't believe I got to go to work and work on my day off :)

Can't believe I got to go to work and work on my day off

That really sucks, Knuckles! I hate those kinds of phone calls... although I don't really ever have to worry about them, as I've never received a phone call form work about anything (aside from when I was offered the job! :D)...

Do you get paid overtime at least?

I get paid waaaaay too much overtime, mostly because I work waaaaay too much overtime :D Been averaging 60-70 hours since Dec with no end in sight. I needed a day off to run around and visit town offices and such that are never open by the time I get off work. I was able to put off what he wanted me to do until tomorrow - but that just means tomorrow is now a 14-16 hr day. But it's worth it to be pulling an Al Bundy all day

I was just settling in for a nice day off...first one I would have had since I returned to work in Dec......didn't even make it to 815am before the boss called and asked if I could come in later and do a repair for a Fire Dept......and I just got a nice hot cocoa and slid on my fuzzy slippers too :cry:

Can't believe I got to go to work and work on my day off :agreed:

What's holding you back from keeping those slippers on? :sigh:

Busy, not in good mood, tired all the time and everything else that I forgot to mention. I had winter holiday a week ago - two weeks of freedom, I'd suppose, but after all I was not relaxed even a little bit. Also because of my intelligent brother, who wakes up at 6 am to run down to the living room to watch cartoons. And he NEVER watches it silently enough.

Most of my free time takes studying, school and all those things that almost make me vomit when I think of them. But since yesterday I've got a plan to cut down most of those matters and grab more time for myself. Though during the next several days I'll more sleep than draw or sing or else, I guess. It is really frightening I've got so little time for all my passions. I'm going nuts when I can't draw. Really.

Ye, living with me when - I'm nuts - is not really pleasant :P When I'm not nuts, it's not so nice too... :D

hhhey, there are 666 threads in Sacred Underwolrd section...

Edited by TelariTurunen

Ah. It's quiet in here! Perhaps they have all gone off to Edinburgh for the match .. THE MATCH.

I'll have a small malt please.

I hear they have some religion in America associated with an imitation rugby ball. But that game is to rugby as hockey is to Shinty.

So who is predicting what in this replay of Bannockburn? As an Anglo-Scot I have problems in this department.

P.S. Have any of you lot over there to the west any knowledge of the important conflicts taking place here in Europe? :)

Edited by Bondbug
  • 1 month later...
*wanders in*

Been a long while but I'm back to open up a tab at the bar hehe (Katran's tab=p)

Who's having what?

How are you all?

Nice to see you. Coffee here, thanks!