Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Well, that mongolian vodka I was talking about a while ago, not available in this country unless you get a crate imported. Its called genghis khan, and is AMAZING. Could drink that stuff straight all night long.

Argh somoene give me something strong please, scotch if you have it. I was doing good, moving on to the human area in Sacred 2 when ofc my game decides to crash. :) This reminds me why I started to play MMOs. At least if I crash in one of those I usually start out wherever I was when I crashed hahahh

I could use one too, so make it two :) studying hard because I have very little time this weekend, but I need to go catch some sleep

It's 0.08AM and I need to get up at 5:30AM

Holee molee!

this was the longest craziest most exhausting day at work. apologies to everyone in my server who I just didn't respond to all day hahah sorry

:P

k, a beer, maybe two... Guardian runs heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we come!

:)

gogo

It's a light toon, I'm good for atleast 1 more hour before it's bedtime for me.

Or we can do it tomorrow sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Whiskey, ice, and a splash of club soda. (low cal option if you want some whiskey but don't just want to sip)

Or a favorite of mine during the hot summer months.....vanilla vodka and dr. pepper.

Or if you want a nice twist on some champaign......champaign and pomegranate liquor (I like to use Pama).

Edited by kriv

Summer cocktail, what is Apfelkorn in english? What I have to mix very often at weddings is:

0,1 litre Brandy

0,1 litre selfmade Apfelkorn

2 spoons selfmade honey

2 spoons juice from lime

Cool it with ice

Fill it in 4-5 longdrink glasses and add cooled self made apple juice (unfiltered, not clarified, better taste)

I am normally the poor guy who has to mix drinks since I nearly never drink alcohol because of my job.

Summer cocktail, what is Apfelkorn in english? What I have to mix very often at weddings is:

0,1 litre Brandy

0,1 litre selfmade Apfelkorn

2 spoons selfmade honey

2 spoons juice from lime

Cool it with ice

Fill it in 4-5 longdrink glasses and add cooled self made apple juice (unfiltered, not clarified, better taste)

I am normally the poor guy who has to mix drinks since I nearly never drink alcohol because of my job.

That sounds quite tasty..

I think Apfelkorn is Apple Schnapps.

By the way, a really nice shooter-type drink we have around here is called Apple Pie:

1. fill a shooter glass for about 80% with Apfelkorn

2. add a dash of cooking cream (like the stuff you would add to a tomato soup to make it creamy)

3. sprinkle with cinnamon powder

That's my favorite!

Another way to do this is by 50/50 Apfelkorn and Goldstrike, which is not that creamy... Not that good IMO :P

By the way, apfelkorn is not a true apple schnapps, it has a lower alcohol percentage AFAIK.

Edited by Timotheus

Timo I'm sold!

I have always enjoyed sweet liqueurs and drinks...your concoction sounds like a winner, now I feel like going down to the bar to try one out. I was heavily into Sourpusses when they were all coming out... my stomach still complains

:P

gogo

Apfelkorn is a liqueur made from apples using a Korn (=schnapps), at least here in germany.

An intresting alcohol-free cocktail for (not only) kids from the garden (we have more than enough diffrent fruit trees around the house):

0.6 litre juice from pears

0.2 litre juice from beetroots

4 glasses

cover it with whipping cream (mainly for isolating the drink so it stays cool longer) and stray some fine cut horseradish (or Wasabi) on it

Its has a very intresting spicy/sweet taste and a lot of vitamins, if you do the juice yourself.

On the opposite;

Cocktails I never liked: all cocktails which use Advokaats (eierlikör, egg liqueur).

Looooooooong day at work. Twice a month I actually have to go into the office for them to make sure I'm alive and relatively healthy. lol, dealing with peeps in real life is so energizing but also depleting.

I'm home

Taking off my shoes

Turning on the computer

*pop*

That's the sound of the wonderful key largo bartender surprising me with something well deserved.

:(

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Well another long day for me too... had a couple of ridiculous deadlines to meet. It's done, I'm resting today. Well not officially resting, but I'm taking it easy and catching up on a bit of documentation aka Developers' nightmare.

I'm sure I heard a jet passing in the distance... ;):D

• 4 weeks later...

Headed out for the evening to my favorite pub for a well deserved drink served in a fish bowl sized glass. Getting a Gourmet Pizza made by the best Top Chef I know, his name is Vic and he looks like he inspects every ingredient to ensure freshness and tastiness.

**buys a round for everyone** Cheers folks, Till later tonight!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone knowing of a good dictionary for translating food and drink names?

Our au-pair girl has her birthday today. Her parents will be in germany for a week to visit her. I promised her that I will do one of our feared hessian kitchen recipes.

Bärlauchschupfnudeln mit Kochkäseschnitzel

What is this in english?

speis1.jpg

Kochkäse is a mixture of natron, Handkäse (local sour cream cheese) and

Quark. Which is cooked (Kochen) and made creamy by adding natron.

The hot Schnitzel will be covered with the creamy and very aromatic Kochkäse. The heat will make it nearly liquid and it builds a layer on the Schitzel.

Bärlauch is bear-garlic/ramsons. Schupfnudel are a bit like Gnocci, but in our area are made of cooked potatoes, egg, spices and milled buckwheat. I add fine cut beargarlic to the noodle recipe. So following our ultralong german words rule: Bärlauchschupfnudeln. It are thick fingerlike noodles which are first boiled and then roasted in a pan with some butter.

I add a lot of bear garlic. In difference to the above picture our Noodles are green.