Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Got a horrible feeling we'll get spanked by the French today ! :oooo: They got to the World Cup final and did really well against New Zealand. Slipped up with only a draw against the Irish in the Six Nations, but I think they'll be too much for England this afternoon, especially in Paris. Hmmmm, I can see us turning off the tv at half time, hehe !

It was a cracking day in the end yesterday. Was cold 'n' wet when I got up, but the sun came out and we had a lovely blue sky which was really cheery. :gogo: Just like my mate Gogo. Mind you, I didn't make the most of it, tbh. Instead of going for a nice walk or something in that sunshine, I played Kingdoms of Amalur most of the day and into the late night.............oops ! Top game and monsterously big.

Oh well, have a top sunday and barkeep will ya slide over a nice frothy beer for Gogo and stick it on Llama's tab, mwahaha ! :devil:

Tata,

Steve. :wizard:

Woohoo !

Glad I was wrong. France 22 England 24. Really good game with end to end action. Pretty brutal too with some nasty injuries.............but that adds to the spectator's enjoyment, haha !

Rather handed the championship to Wales now though, as they have a 100% record with one game left.

..................always next year *cough*

Steve. :)

• 4 weeks later...

What am I, the dreaded thread killa ?! :mafia:

Well, I'll take a flat white coffee barman, and I apologise for da slow business !

If there is life out there, I hope you have a good weekend.

Steve. :)

Well, great start to my Easter break...my laptop died yesterday and started sparking when I hooked it up to ac power. Now, since It's a long weekend I have to wait until Tuesday to even contact the manufacturer in regards to warranty, meanwhile I have a heap of holiday home work to do that all of a sudden became somewhat more complex...

Well, great start to my Easter break...my laptop died yesterday and started sparking when I hooked it up to ac power. Now, since It's a long weekend I have to wait until Tuesday to even contact the manufacturer in regards to warranty, meanwhile I have a heap of holiday home work to do that all of a sudden became somewhat more complex...

Ouch, sorry to hear that mate. Do you have access to a desktop ?

• 4 weeks later...

A year ago we bought engines. engine controllers, parts from LEGO for therobotics and computer sciences classes of oldest. Latest was to rebuild the beast from this video. All worked except turning at a climb :( Re-engineering an idea from a video is hard for a 16 year old.

Was last project in robotics so we are now trying to combine the LEGO Unimog from our second (2200+ pieces) with the controlled engines for something similiar to this video. Even if we won't reach the same mastery, at least kids learn how a real Unimog is build up.

Not computer controlled LEGO Unimog

Drinking some Maibowle leftovers from Walburgis-night while posting --- Skol, Prost, cheers. Woodruff with white wine... yummy

A year ago we bought engines. engine controllers, parts from LEGO for therobotics and computer sciences classes of oldest. Latest was to rebuild the beast from this video. All worked except turning at a climb :( Re-engineering an idea from a video is hard for a 16 year old.

Was last project in robotics so we are now trying to combine the LEGO Unimog from our second (2200+ pieces) with the controlled engines for something similiar to this video. Even if we won't reach the same mastery, at least kids learn how a real Unimog is build up.

Not computer controlled LEGO Unimog

Drinking some Maibowle leftovers from Walburgis-night while posting --- Skol, Prost, cheers. Woodruff with white wine... yummy

ORE-FREAKING-SOME Chattius! I loved LEGO when I was still in School, used to build with those blocks in the funniest combinations. and Meccano, although I had pieces missing from my set :( . It kept me busy for years on end.

Delta!

Lego was never that complex when I was a kid. We could only build walls for buildings etc. No electrics/mechanics in them days. It has come on a long way.

The best thing I ever build with Lego was a sword that I used to beat up my brothers !! Mwahaha !! :devil:

Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.

3996778.jpg

My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.

porsche-traktor-121.jpg

Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends.

Scan0248.JPG

So oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz...

In a country and time where Mercedes, Porsche and Lamborghini were known for their tractors....

I'll be checking in on and off, but...I'm taking my first airplane flight in years in a few hours! :oooo: To Washington to meet up with Mom and friends, back in five days, but hopefully her net connection is good

:twitch:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Many congrats to Chelsea after thier win in the Champions league final.

Bayern played really well, but just couldn't break down the Chelsea defence.

Watched the whole match last night and it was a fantastic match in which both teams deserve a pat on the back. Both teams gave 100% and the fans were great too.

I'll bet there are a few with hangovers this morning, haha !

Such a shame that I'm so busy with work and r/l, as I'm not getting anywhere near enough game time for Diablo 3 as I would like *sigh*

I think I'll be last to complete the game/hit lvl60 on the planet !

Such a shame that I'm so busy with work and r/l, as I'm not getting anywhere near enough game time for Diablo 3 as I would like *sigh*

I think I'll be last to complete the game/hit lvl60 on the planet !

I doubt it, some of us don't have the game yet :)

Although, its a good thing, uni exams coming up so need to focus!

Somehow happynot to have the game yet, newspaper read identity theft on european servers and that blizzard sells usb crypto chips for 10 euro to verify identity and then the blog reads hackers writing that that wouldn't be enough....

Next chapter was that the way blizzard storing data of player access is against european law,...

Add that my access to internet was very much limited last days. Radio link from house to village very instabile because of weather, doubt thst diablo would have been any fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Remember the hunt for the soccer balls?

Currently the european soccer championship is running. The german team will play the quarter final at the polish town Gdansk (former german name Danzig). I will sacrifice a bottle of Danziger Goldwasser by drinking it with friends at firefighters when watching the game. Hope ithelps in winning ;)

Danziger Goldwasser is a herbal liqueur with fine gold foil in the liquid. The name would translate to gold water from Gdansk. The history of the liqueur reaches backfor more than 400 years, even the russian czar was knownto like it.

220px-Danziger_goldwasser_original_der_lachs.jpg

So what the worm is for tequila and the bison grass for Zubrowka (bison grass vodka) . the gold is for Goldwasser.

See the grass in the bottle?

1.jpg

Somehow happynot to have the game yet, newspaper read identity theft on european servers and that blizzard sells usb crypto chips for 10 euro to verify identity and then the blog reads hackers writing that that wouldn't be enough....

Next chapter was that the way blizzard storing data of player access is against european law,...

Add that my access to internet was very much limited last days. Radio link from house to village very instabile because of weather.

Heh... between the issues on your end of the connection... and how often the servers are down... you might not ever get to play (if you had it)!

And the security issues you mentioned are just a regular fact of life... if the target is big enough, it will be hacked. Heck, we have been invaded here at DM even! Probably the best way around these issues is to have your paypal (or w/e) linked to a prepaid "debit" card offered by the major credit companies.

Remember the hunt for the soccer balls?

Currently the european soccer championship is running. The german team will play the quarter final at the polish town Gdansk (former german name Danzig). I will sacrifice a bottle of Danziger Goldwasser by drinking it with friends at firefighters when watching the game. Hope ithelps in winning ;)

Congrats on your team making the playoffs! I did not watch much of it yet, but now that it is "win or go home", I will probably see some games.

Danziger Goldwasser is a herbal liqueur with fine gold foil in the liquid. The name would translate to gold water from Gdansk. The history of the liqueur reaches backfor more than 400 years, even the russian czar was knownto like it.

In North America, the popluar brand is called Goldschlager (spelling?) Is yours cinnamon flavoured? YUM.

goldschlager.jpg

So what the worm is for tequila and the bison grass for Zubrowka (bison grass vodka) . the gold is for Goldwasser.

See the grass in the bottle?

1.jpg

I have not seen this before... interesting. At least it is not the "oysters" of the bison ;)

I never tried any tequila with a worm... not kosher in my book.

Well, been away for a few days at the beach, and had 2 exams today, but I'm now on holidays for a month!

Beach in the wintertime? <shiver>

Enjoy your holidays!

Well, been away for a few days at the beach, and had 2 exams today, but I'm now on holidays for a month!

Beach in the wintertime? <shiver>

Enjoy your holidays!

I'm not gonna lie, it was cold at night. But alcohol keeps you warm and we shut all the doors and had portable heaters in the one room and watched movies. And during the day we got just about the sunniest two days in a while so got lucky with the weather :)

Never mind the soccer (I remember people blowing their top when that term was used) - did you see the South Africa v England match Steve?

Don't have the right tv here and British tv and radio licensing won't let them show here on my PC. All I get is text - never known anything so frustrating.

Right cliff hanger - probably as well for the old ticker that I wasn't watching.

Would have liked to see the Scottish matches - 2 wins in extra time - extraordinary.

For the Goldwater: the special grass contains cumarin which is also in woodruff and cinnamon. So probably forbidden in america?

A quick search thru Wikipedia didn't say anything about that ingredient being banned / illegal... so probably a case of supply/demand I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coumarin

Coumarin is currently listed by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) among "Substances Generally Prohibited From Direct Addition or Use as Human Food", according to 21 CFR 189.130,[18][19] but some natural additives containing coumarin, such as sweet woodruff (Galium odoratum) due to its coumarin odor, are allowed "in alcoholic beverages only" (21 CFR 172.510).[20] In Europe, such beverages are very popular, for example Maiwein (white wine with woodruff) and Żubrówka (vodka flavoured with bison grass). However, the coumarin content of these drinks is said to cause headaches.

So the coumarin ban is only for ice, tea, .... but not for alcohol drinks?

Well, from a quick search, according to the FDA, it is banned in all "food"... so I would assume there is no bisongrass vodka for us. According to Canadian sources, I can see it is a "controlled substance", but no direct correlation to food products other than when it is present, the product is considered "adulterated".

It is OK in perfumes, and I saw a lot of ads for coumarin-related pharmacological products (Canadian). So I would assume it is more like German law here, where it is OK up to certain concentrations.

• 1 month later...

Just to get the launch occasion of GW2 all merried up, I decided everyone deserved a free round of drinks :drinks::faerie:

just keep the tab running, I'll send my credit card detail later... :tongue:

so grab a chair, have some peanuts! :pitcher::bob:

• 2 weeks later...