Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

If there's left over dregs, count me in for a bucket, I'm up early today, vote day for province of Quebec, I'm lucky it's not too far from me, excited to mark the ballot and run off to work!

:bounce:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Brought a few tons of my apples to a company making juice and wine from them. Related to this:

A funny 'criminal' changed a traffic light just a few miles away: Was very puzzled first time I saw it.

49422_1_articleorg_ampelspass.jpg

Red is eagle logo of the soccer club Eintracht Frankfurt in its black and red club colours.

9efadfe950b1f63e69f7e568a853cde9.jpg

Yellow is a glass of Apple-wine.

Apfelwein may be served in a "geripptes", a glass with a lozenge cut that refracts light. The size of the geripptes glass is usually 0.25 litre although there is a larger variant that holds 0.3 litre, as well as a glass that holds the doubled amount of 0.5 litres. Traditional Apfelwein restaurants and their habitual guests generally hold to the 0.3-litre standard. Therefore a 0.25l glass is often named a "beschisserglas" (rip-off glass) as it contains less Apfelwein for the same price. The serving of Apfelwein in other kinds of glasses (for example, longdrink glasses) is rare. A geripptes filled with Apfelwein is also called a Schoppen.

apfelwein-glass-500px.jpg

Green is obviously a canabis plant.

Hope it stays this way (probably not because illegal traffic signs), or that at least that the person doing it is not send to jail, was do sunny.

I love lines like "brought a few tons of my apples" ... so different life experience from this grey, inner city day here in MOntreal.

Great morning cheerup, thanks Chattius.

A round of hot chocolates for all!

:)

gogo

OOps, seems we both are at war with each other ;) Currently we are at war with town people. State law allows people to walk, ride and use bicycles everywhere in forests. But last years people left ways, destroying soils, protected plants and animals. At some places They picked every mushroom and eatable plant they saw leaving nothing for animals, ...

So lot of forest owners signed for a change, forcing people to stay on marked roads (for mountain-bikers there is a free high challenge road in our forest already) The old law was meant that people could use local forests for recreation, but not that f.e. facebook is used to gather a few hundred mountain bikers to drive a new route.

Another disadvantage: not playing any of these internet games like GW2 or D3. Playing would be bad weather mainly and at bad weather the radio link antenna to DSL point in village swings too much.

Well, I'm in a celebratory mood this morning...

If anyone noticed (via my sig), I have been playing Magic: The Gathering for the past couple of months... again. I try to be a competitive guy, but it's been a long time since I was 'good' at this game and the road back to success is quite long and bumpy (not unlike Chattius' laneway). But I am trying, and the only way to improve is to try, amirite?

At any rate, I passed a milestone over the weekend, surpassing 1000 lifetime "achievement" points! Yay, me :cow_white:

So, drinks are on me... it's past noon somewhere in the world, so the bar's open in my mind!

And, on a slightly irrelevant note, I am now top 50 (50th, actually) in my province for seasonal acheivement points (this season is Aug 20-Dec 20)... not that it means a whole lot, but another reason to celebrate! :whistle:

I'll join you you in that round of drinks Scott, congratulations! I remember trying magic very briefly for a few weeks when it was being released years ago. Buying all those cards was exciting, but I could never seem to find people who wanted to play with me where I was working, and so the great game passed me :(

I still think I got those cards though maybe? They're beautiful, and always loved the and concept of poker/d and d

gogo

2 shots of Tequila, mister Bartender, if you will.

'tis a pretty cool game. It has survived quite long now, too. IIRC it started in 1993 or so... and I picked it up the first time in 1996, and did the on-again, off-again depending on where I lived and if there was any competitive play near me. Casual gaming is ok, but I like to play Magic all games competitively for whatever reason... I'm not good or anything but getting out to tournaments and meeting new people is always an adventure unto itself....

And the art... ohhhh, the art! And they make 'premium' cards that have a shimmery finish, making for very shiny presciousessesssesss...musssts have preciousesnessesss....

• 2 weeks later...

Switched to kill mode :(

Wife doing a replacement morning shift at ER, Oldest started already at university in another town. So Aupair girl was driving our 3 third to a vaulting tournament (vaulting = acrobatics on horses), our little twins played little roles in todays thanksgiving theatre and I was with them. So our second said she would drive to her soccer gtame with the parents of another girl in her team.

Then the other girl was exchanged in halft time, her parents angry and driving home...

Our daughter a goalie was full of dirt and showered after the match (obviously the only who did), When finished nooone of her team was still there, 25 miles away from home, no bus or train to our place on sundays. Theatre place (church) was opposite direction so 35 miles drive to pick her up. Can't understand the parents and the coach, noone looking if all players are picked up? Don't think this would have been a soccer field mid in town, it was mid in forest...

Very unresponsable, both on the parents that gave your daughter a ride, and the coach. Also, it was quite selfish of the parents to leave after their daughter was replaced, not staying to support them (and fulfill their transportation obligation), and allow thier daughter to stay involved with the team... even the people on the bench help their team by cheering, shouting advice, etc. Often I have found that I bond "better" with teammates while on the bench together than playing in the game. :(

• 3 weeks later...

For Pete's sake somebody give me a double Mickey Finn.

Going bonkers here after several days (weeks?) of trying to remember all the little "wrinkles" to get Sacred Gold started in the right style.

Been a real trip down memory lane digging among the old files for Sacred Plus and Underworld.

Having to cook for myself while my wife is away (Vancouver via Montreal) does not help the morale

Make that a triple.

I noticed another old gadgee looking for shortcuts to work through the game quickly and see what makes it tick. I never did finish, even in bronze.

I got my little local LAN server going for "hoarding", as someone called it, but only for Sacred+. It would be better, for a demon fanatic, if Underworld would connect up. Now I am trying to remember the technique for getting easy runes from the Rune Master, but none of my trial efforts are quite right. Helps to pass the time but frustrating when the memory has gone!

All very reprehensible, but pure hack and slash can get boring.

Oh for a plate of fish and chips and a glass of real ale. Don't suppose you have any?

I saw Steve had restarted with Gold, or has that worn off by now?

Reminds me of when I finally got a LAN 'hoard' setup... and then realized that after a couple of sessions, stuff started disappearing. Yes, a triple, puh-lease. :)

Hope you get your game sorted, Bondbug... sorry I don't have any tricks for ya... never really got 'into' S1 like I did the prequel.

Hey - can that avatar of yours cook?. As Canada has my wife on loan for a few weeks, Perhaps you could lend me your avatar - sort of lend-lease? :chef::cool:

The last time I asked, I nearly lost my 'meat and 2 veg' so to speak, so probably not a good idea (to ask again) if you aren't into mutilation... :whistle:

If, however, you have a nasty Satyr or Kobold issue, she is more than capable :D

Hey - can that avatar of yours cook?. As Canada has my wife on loan for a few weeks, Perhaps you could lend me your avatar - sort of lend-lease? :chef::cool:

Ah ha!

She's back here in glorious land of maples? Out West?

I'm also looking for sausage and eggs this morning, anyone in bar doing short order today?

gogo

Pity Gogo, but I think she has "gone off" Montreal. The plane arrived on time. But the outgoing flight to Vancouver had to be cancelled not once but twice because of engine problems and she was 3.1/2 hours late. Added to which her luggage had gone to Ottawa, though that was hardly Montreal's fault.

She will be off poutine for life now. :sick:

Plua she has a stinking cold and sore throat! LOL - oh no I shouldn't!

PS Maples to me is a furniture store - does it have branches (oh dear) in Canada? :whistle:

Edited by Bondbug

Just read in newspaper that NASA is interested in the strange life forms living in my neighbourhood. I always knew they were strange these people. Extraterristal ?

Oh it is not the people, it are pool fingers? Holy Hannah! is a pool finger? Oh, some bacteria which build strange calcite fingers down in caves. Reading some more, ... unique in world, first living ones, .... able to live on Mars? Ah, that is why NASA is interessested....

Oh my god, I hope this brings no tourists. I like my quiet place, even it is a handful kilometres away, tourists may find my place beautiful and return, noooooooo....

Laying the newspaper away and googling a bit:

http://www.goodearthgraphics.com/virtcave/fingers/fingers.html

https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2012RM/finalprogram/abstract_203752.htm

I know this part is supposed to be merry, but also feel like it is a good place to talk.

My father passed away yesterday, possibly a heart attack/stroke, which cause him to lose control of the vehicle and crash into a bridge support... although he was dead before impact.

Was just wondering how do you say goodbye to someone that close to you? I know he will never really be gone, that he will live on in our memories and in the great stories we will tell about him, but knowing I can't phone again, and talk to my dad... :( It gives me some comfort to know that the last time I did talk to him I did say "I love you".

Delta!

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Delta. Even with 3+ years of 'knowing', when my mother finally succumbed to cancer there is a huge shock when you realize the finality of death. We each cope in our own way, but I feel living out my life as she wanted me to (more or less the way she taught me to) is the best way to keep her alive in my mind (heart, soul, etc).

Stay strong, my friend :hugs:

Oh, my condolences too, Delta.

That topic really is all too actual to me too. Still have both parents up and running, but it could as well be one of these days when either of them's gone. Pops had Altzheimer for almost two years now and his health is rapidly going down.

Hoping he's hanging there, so there's some sort of time to get ready. Still, it'll hit like a speeding pendolino when it happens.

I guess this round's on me.

To the Life it self. *Cheers*

Delta, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in a car crash years ago. He was integral in our family, helped bring over so many to Canada, and when he died, it was a lot to carry. Speaking about it to relatives and friends who knew him helped with a lot of pain, and he's still there every time the family has a get together and chat about what he did, how he used to do stuff which makes my heart feel lighter for appreciation of what he did.

Stick to your family, he's still here

:hugs:

gogo

Thank you everybody.

post-15332-0-25701500-1351621670_thumb.jpg

my mom and dad on holiday in Cape Town at the castle.(it was a windy day)

Delta!

Edited by Delta!