Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

Ah, yes, keep the machine working and the world of Ancaria will ever live.

A Zombie really fell for my Dryad today, because she had a cute Acute Mind.

• Like! 1

Nope got a cheap Steelseries 3vh2pq2x I don't know it has some weird arbitrarily chosen numbers and letters...

http://www.newegg.com/global/nl/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-004Y-00018 <-- this one

Mini review: It's OK, nothing stellar, would not recommend over any other product because it's not that special.

Sound-wise it does not compare to the Sennheiser I have lying around

Edited by Timotheus

I am going for another interview.

A recruitment company contacted me yesterday, and an interview was arranged for today, because I am flying to Bangkok tomorrow.
This one is a bit closer to home... just 9.9km from where I live actually.
it is a wine farm restaurant, the wine farm is Simonsig, just outside Stellenbosch, and the restaurant is named Cuvée.

The food seems to be closer to what I want to do, and the salary (negotiable) is better than I am currently getting, and the position is for Pastry Chef, so that is what I will be focusing on.

will let you know when I come back how it went.

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

Well, I got the job if I want it... and I want it!

The sous chef was part of the interview and an old colleague of mine from Delaire Graff Restaurant. The head chef was already hooked on me before the interview because she had basically sold me out, in a very good way! I negotiated with the salary, and am waiting to hear back if it is approved. I've already started planing desserts and dishes... they need a pastry chef ASAP, the previous one resigned more than 4months ago, and Carolize, the sous chef has been dealing with pastry section.

Delta!

• Like! 1

Well, I got the job if I want it... and I want it!

The sous chef was part of the interview and an old colleague of mine from Delaire Graff Restaurant. The head chef was already hooked on me before the interview because she had basically sold me out, in a very good way! I negotiated with the salary, and am waiting to hear back if it is approved. I've already started planing desserts and dishes... they need a pastry chef ASAP, the previous one resigned more than 4months ago, and Carolize, the sous chef has been dealing with pastry section.

Delta!

Delta, this is amazing news, congratulations... and in your field as well!

I keep hearing how pastry chefs are leagues above just savory, as precision is so important... I'm not thinking a bit about the top chef pastry competition they had running for two years with Gail Simmons...

Do you sometimes think of drawing or sketching your creations before hand?

:)

gogo

Thank you. I am very excited, and add to the it the fact that I am having my first overseas holiday and I feel like a big pot of happiness that is about to boil over(or well burst into joyouss song, and give everyone that I see a passionate kiss, just to spread the love...)

About the sketching part... Uhm no, I can't draw something to save my life. I have the components that I am going to use, and I start with something on the bottom that can spread, like a salted caramel, or sauce/puree then something that other components, especially frozen things, can go on like crumble or something in that line... And then I'll play around with the other components and see what plating looks best and goes with the type of plate that I am using(colour, shape, texture)

New photos on good food we serve at the restaurant about to come soon.

Delta!

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

early morning saturday, and, maybe a try out at my first yoga session for some extra flexibility.. hmm, lol we'll see how this turns out

double espresso, hold the caffeine pls!

gogo

• 5 weeks later...

A quick hello from Phuket, Thailand!

Been off on holiday for almost 2 weeks now, feels heavenly. We've been too busy at work and with random things, no days off at all. We both don't get our overtime paid, so it doesn't really feel rewarding to be this busy. Both contemplating getting new jobs, my gf actally went ahead and got one, starting January 1st. Very proud here. :) Anyway, just stopping by, next round is on the "lobby" as I found out my gf started calling me. Something short for lobster, I guess you guys can imagine what I seem to resemble....... Auch.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Happy New Year

Was a bit handicapped because I dislocated my shoulder again. So even I was reading the forum from time to time I did very hard typing and limited it to business mails.

Been off on holiday for almost 2 weeks now, feels heavenly. We've been too busy at work and with random things, no days off at all. We both don't get our overtime paid, so it doesn't really feel rewarding to be this busy. Both contemplating getting new jobs, my gf actally went ahead and got one, starting January 1st. Very proud here. :) Anyway, just stopping by, next round is on the "lobby" as I found out my gf started calling me. Something short for lobster, I guess you guys can imagine what I seem to resemble....... Auch.

I finally got some down time..though it took til the last week of the year to get.....And no over time pay? Are you on salary? One of the reasons I always prefer to get paid by the hour....and as far as 'lobby'....sunscreen is your friend, your best friend :D Some day I might share a story of how I won a 'Show your tan line' contest at a college bar...against my will or knowledge lol (yeah long story)

Good luck if you change jobs

• Like! 1

Something short for lobster, I guess you guys can imagine what I seem to resemble....... Auch.

Timo, we need a pic! :P

There's amazing food there, at least yer eating awesome?

gogo

Happy New Year

Was a bit handicapped because I dislocated my shoulder again. So even I was reading the forum from time to time I did very hard typing and limited it to business mails.

It's never happened to me Chattius, but I've heard the pain is immense.

Can u take something for pain?

gogo

I finally got some down time..though it took til the last week of the year to get.....And no over time pay? Are you on salary? One of the reasons I always prefer to get paid by the hour....and as far as 'lobby'....sunscreen is your friend, your best friend :D Some day I might share a story of how I won a 'Show your tan line' contest at a college bar...against my will or knowledge lol (yeah long story)

Good luck if you change jobs

Err... Timo's not working at an Apple Factory eh?

:blink:

gogo