Key Largo Bar

Guest gogoblender

37 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Your craving officially became reality. Bon appétit!

was deeeeeeeeeeeeeelish.. just started noticing lately things like bun quality...and A&W makes insanely good quality buns for burgers...near realized how much it adds to a good humburger consumption experience

:)

gogo

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

was deeeeeeeeeeeeeelish.. just started noticing lately things like bun quality...and A&W makes insanely good quality buns for burgers...near realized how much it adds to a good humburger consumption experience

gogo

It is true and would seem quite obvious that a tasty bun offering would enhance the blessed adventure that is a great hamburger. However, it seems that everyone's opinion diverges from there as to how to "build" an optimal burger. Some who are vegan or vegetarian replace the beef with another form of protein such as soy. Then, there are multitudinous ingredients and combinations thereof that render the number of outcomes almost limitless. Even the order in which the condiments are arranged is the subject of debate but in the end resolved by personal preference. That having been said, I will try, and usually enjoy, most offerings just the way a particular establishment serves it off their menu, but left to my own devices I prefer and usually order or prepare my burger this way: fresh, soft and tasty toasted bun, two ¼ lb all beef patties cooked medium-well and hot just off the grill, melted cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, sliced dill pickles, chopped white onion, and fresh sliced tomatoes. French fries on the side are a plus, certainly, yet the main event is the cheeseburger. :drool:

:chef:

4 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

It is true and would seem quite obvious that a tasty bun offering would enhance the blessed adventure that is a great hamburger. However, it seems that everyone's opinion diverges from there as to how to "build" an optimal burger. Some who are vegan or vegetarian replace the beef with another form of protein such as soy. Then, there are multitudinous ingredients and combinations thereof that render the number of outcomes almost limitless. Even the order in which the condiments are arranged is the subject of debate but in the end resolved by personal preference. That having been said, I will try, and usually enjoy, most offerings just the way a particular establishment serves it off their menu, but left to my own devices I prefer and usually order or prepare my burger this way: fresh, soft and tasty toasted bun, two ¼ lb all beef patties cooked medium-well and hot just off the grill, melted cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, sliced dill pickles, chopped white onion, and fresh sliced tomatoes. French fries on the side are a plus, certainly, yet the main event is the cheeseburger. :drool:

:chef:

Love your burger! When I was living in the suburbs as a kid with my parents, there were a lot of bbq's both at the house and at the usual weekend picnics with family and friends.  I look back at those days wistfully now, the burgers always seemed more burgery and the bread more bready, at least in dreamy recollections :4rofl: 

I dont usually get burgers per se in restaurants because resto prices are so much here in QC, and Burgers will easily take a meal to 20 bucks with a drink and fries.  I can get by easily with just the burger itself or will make do with Mcd's offerings... dunno how those guys do it but they get beef on the menu at a fair price, and they're slowly changing how they make food to make their critics happier, and, perhaps, the world greener

least... they say

:D

gogo

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Figured I needed my old avatar again so I fixed it up again. No idea which pic I used in the old one but something similar for sure :lol: 

Drinks are on me this week! :drinks:

lol saw it and recognized it!  A classic...though I did like that Muerte one you had up before ...it was one of the first ingame avatars I was using for overwatch

gogo

• 3 months later...

Drinks? We will have a glass of red wine. 

My leave started on Monday, and so far, I have been extremely lazy. I went to vote in our National and Provincial elections today. 

After that my fiance and I went to 3 wine warms and bought 6 boxes of wine, and a magnum bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon (we already finished that one). 

what will you all have?

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I brought a slightly dusty bottle from my own wine cellar, it's a rather modest offering, Domaine Georges & Christophe Roumier Musigny Grand Cru 1990 (Cote de Nuits, France). Would anyone care to allow themselves an indulgence of such?

Oh don't mind if we do have a glass..

• Like! 1
On 5/8/2019 at 7:14 PM, Delta! said:

Drinks? We will have a glass of red wine. 

My leave started on Monday, and so far, I have been extremely lazy. I went to vote in our National and Provincial elections today. 

After that my fiance and I went to 3 wine warms and bought 6 boxes of wine, and a magnum bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon (we already finished that one). 

what will you all have?

holee molee...such delicious indulgence... Bravo, and Cheers!

:drunkards:

gogo

23 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I brought a slightly dusty bottle from my own wine cellar, it's a rather modest offering, Domaine Georges & Christophe Roumier Musigny Grand Cru 1990 (Cote de Nuits, France). Would anyone care to allow themselves an indulgence of such?

I'm not such a huge wine person, but with friends, I will most certainly say yes!

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy weary travellers!

Been a while since I poked my nose into the FDM :) the house has been sold and we have moved out, currently we're staying in an Airbnb in another city waiting for the key to our new appartement! Busy times and living out of a suitcase is starting to annoy me...

4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Howdy weary travellers!

Been a while since I poked my nose into the FDM :) the house has been sold and we have moved out, currently we're staying in an Airbnb in another city waiting for the key to our new appartement! Busy times and living out of a suitcase is starting to annoy me...

ahhh, air b n b... I wanna start using that! Actually one of my cousins is an avid air b n n user....just for weekends when he needs to get away, he'll just book a huge cottage for him and his wife in a remote place in the country and just light a fire and suck in the outside

I hope your key gets there... happy with your new place?

gogo

10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

ahhh, air b n b... I wanna start using that! Actually one of my cousins is an avid air b n n user....just for weekends when he needs to get away, he'll just book a huge cottage for him and his wife in a remote place in the country and just light a fire and suck in the outside

I hope your key gets there... happy with your new place?

gogo

You're able to make it as convenient as you want it to be, that's what I like about it. :) And yeah, loving the new place can't wait to move in!

Edited by Timotheus
14 hours ago, Timotheus said:

You're able to make it as convenient as you want it to be, that's what I like about it. :) And yeah, loving the new place can't wait to move in!

Snaps when you get there... maybe a model shoot!

:lol:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Hey, is there another one just like that around here?

:drool:

I know eh!!

Schot cooked them up... dang good and tasteeeeeeeeeeeeee

:bounce:

gogo

It's my cousin's wife, Kandy whos the incredible PolyMath...I just brought up this cool desert called "Chess Pie" that I'd heard about on the internet, from the deep American South, made with only five ingredients, easy to make and supposedly absolutely decadent. 

..and just like that, she looked it up, saw she had all the ingredients and put it all together with a sweet and delicious Cherry pie... insane! :drool:

IMG_4493.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

Cherry pie and cherries...

When kids are young and you tell them to check the cherry tree on other side of the hill for ripe fruits they come back and tell you without lying there are no ripe ones. But in evening they strangely suffer from no appetite and stomach pain.

When they are 11-14 they tell you they have no time because of homeworks and sport clubs.

Then they are 15+ they go for the tree with their friend and come back clothes covered with stains from gras, herbs and cherries and tell you they needed 2 hours for a handfull...

So our Rote Grütze will be without black cherries I fear ;)

Much like this, no cinnemon and vanille icecream instead sauce. 34 Celcius outside...

• Like! 1

We were up in the country this weekend, and took the dog out with us to get some extra high density packed super laden bacon pizza.  We turn onto my cousin's road, and his wife lets the dog out who loves to race the car!. Apparently she can go even faster, but Kandy wont take the car higher than 40 as she's afraid the dog could get a heart attack :O

gogo

• Like! 1