Jump to content

Key Largo Bar


Guest gogoblender

Recommended Posts

Just gone 8am so still to early to imbibe ( shocking for an Australian to say) going to finish getting new home office set up with the help of giant dog 

  • Like! 1
Link to post
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bravo guys.. Lovely that the party's already started... Hooyaah, good on you for what must have been an all night baking marathon.. bravo friend for the tummy full of goodness And Claire... welc

Time certainly does fly the older I get! I cannot believe it has been two years since I was here! The Sacred 2 bug has never been far away though. I hope that all of you and your loved ones are doing

It's the thought that counts. 

Posted Images

It's good that it's not a giant puppy. They tend to chew cords in half and pull things off the desk. But, they are so adorable one just can't become angry with them. :wink:

Link to post
8 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

It's good that it's not a giant puppy. They tend to chew cords in half and pull things off the desk. But, they are so adorable one just can't become angry with them. :wink:

A dog can't be big enough if you have daughters and living mid in a small forest clearing.

Our first Leonberger was named Tarzan. The puppies were playing in a dirty pit and the owner gave me a towel to catch one. The most dirty one and the most not looking like a Leo one was biting into the towel and not releasing it even when I lifted it. He was swinging like Tarzan on a liana. My wife said: 'Take him. He is healthy and funny. We don't want to breed Leo's so the look is not important.'

We we had 6 and 9 puppies from our Leo's so far.  Sadly Tarzan is no more, got 11 years old which is already way above average

We sold them including a jacket;

This is a Leonberger and no Pony. And no, you are not allowed to ride it.

B1i3u9-Q-KS._AC_CLa%7C2140,2000%7CB1Liyj

 

fGRP2Y-j8O1DaLZghaFxStJV6HDLh4C0BiWzQb-n

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post

   Kai Muhurtham is how we start our youngerest's days for the new year with prosperity and good luck.  Usually its a few bills in different denominations given to small kids as their first "transaction" of the year to bring them prosperity on their road forward.  These were two last envelopes I was able to share with the two children of the awesome gentleman (+++ @ Fabri!! ) who takes care of our buildling

 

63139582432__7A2A075E-4074-4D86-9894-9F4A8F2FC983.jpg

Link to post

I think in our area the luck with monetary transactions start way later in the year: if you have no coins in your pockets when you hear the first cuckoo for the year then you will be low on money for the whole year :)

Sadly for the cuckoos (and the tax minister) global warming make birds breed way earlier in the year and when the cuckoos come back from africa there are no nests from othe birds with eggs but already nestlings. So less and less chance for the cuckoos to lay a camouflaged egg among other birds eggs.

I watched a starling feeding a young cuckoo in front of our kitchen window. But the cuckoos had no luck with nests at the fish pond.

  • Like! 1
Link to post

You did the occasion right! Food makes celebrations like birthdays so very special and memorable; I'm glad that you had such a fine birthday event.

  • Like! 1
Link to post
17 hours ago, Delta! said:

Thank you @gogoblender @Hooyaah . I had a wonderful day!

We had 4 friends over for dinner.

The Chef in me went all out. Laid out a cheese platter for starter, with breads and crackers, preserves and fruit.

Main course, everyone brought a dish. We had a tapas style meal

I made:

Trout fish cakes, chili ginger sauce

Crispy duck breast, plum & szechuan pepper sauce

Tenderstem broccoli & shimeji mushrooms

Baba ganoush

Canales for dessert

Amy (my amazing chef friend) and her Boyfriend brought

Spannakopita, beetroot hummus, tzatziki. Mint ice tea

Steph brought a delicious nachos dish.

Claudia brought wine and some home made falafels.

 

We had a wonderful evening and laughed lots!

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

That's brilliant Theuns!! i actually think that when everyone brings a portion of the meal that's best... this way everyone gets benefits... just reading the list of foods is sumptuous. .. did you all plan in advance or was it you assigning categories of the table and people would show up with what they wanted?

crispy duck breast.. ? !!! woooooooooooooooo...

:D

 

gogo

Link to post

I nowadays hate doing food for birthdays. It gets compicated more and more from year to year.

Me: Any special guests?

Wife: Ingrid is now a vegan, Beate has a friend who is islam, Gerd has a gluten allergy, Wolfgang is trying to get away from alcohol,....

Me: Potato-Sauerkraut-Pancakes

Wife: Sabine is on a diet...

Me: Selfmade dried fruit chips with salt and pepper together with Coke light coffeeinfree? Shall I add tons of chilli and wasabi on the chips?

Wife: I want some of them to come again.

Birthday of my wife pre-corona.

Wife: Sorry we had no time(!!?) to prepare anything. We reserved 40 places at a restaurant.

Gerd: I allways liked your boar goulash

Sabine: You had so nice Handkäse dumblings last year

Beate: This is my new friend. He is pastor.

...

 

This year corona, no guests

Me: you know, we would have saved a lot of money last year if I would have done dried chips from quinces with wasabi last year. No guests anyway.

 

All names changed, because my wife wants some to come again ;)

  • Like! 1
Link to post
On 1/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, chattius said:

I nowadays hate doing food for birthdays. It gets compicated more and more from year to year.

Me: Any special guests?

Wife: Ingrid is now a vegan, Beate has a friend who is islam, Gerd has a gluten allergy, Wolfgang is trying to get away from alcohol,....

Me: Potato-Sauerkraut-Pancakes

Wife: Sabine is on a diet...

Me: Selfmade dried fruit chips with salt and pepper together with Coke light coffeeinfree? Shall I add tons of chilli and wasabi on the chips?

Wife: I want some of them to come again.

Birthday of my wife pre-corona.

Wife: Sorry we had no time(!!?) to prepare anything. We reserved 40 places at a restaurant.

Gerd: I allways liked your boar goulash

Sabine: You had so nice Handkäse dumblings last year

Beate: This is my new friend. He is pastor.

...

 

This year corona, no guests

Me: you know, we would have saved a lot of money last year if I would have done dried chips from quinces with wasabi last year. No guests anyway.

 

All names changed, because my wife wants some to come again ;)

I feel ya Chattius... one person "hosting" is going to be difficult.. but...and this works for financing as well.. maybe asking everyone to bring their own can work?
 And... happy morning friend.. Coffee for all and a big smley from here in montreal!

 

:coffeecup:

gogo

IMG_6950.jpg

Link to post
4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I feel ya Chattius... one person "hosting" is going to be difficult.. but...and this works for financing as well.. maybe asking everyone to bring their own can work?
 And... happy morning friend.. Coffee for all and a big smley from here in montreal!

But I really like(d) cooking.

if covid is ever leaving I will do a cold buffet with different stuff at the birthday of my wife. For myself I have no birthday anyway for probably 6 more years:theuns:

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2021 at 2:29 PM, gogoblender said:

That's brilliant Theuns!! I actually think that when everyone brings a portion of the meal that's best... this way everyone gets benefits... just reading the list of foods is sumptuous. .. did you all plan in advance or was it you assigning categories of the table and people would show up with what they wanted?

crispy duck breast.. ? !!! woooooooooooooooo...

:D

 

gogo

I had a whats app group for my Bday, and posted what I was going to make, and then each one could say what they made, so that we won't have 2 of the same dishes. 

 

If you start the duck breast of in a cold pan, skin side down, then the skin crisps up nicely. 

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

We've been missing you, Sarah! It's good to hear from you again and I'm glad that you have been well. Please know that you are always welcome to emerge from the shadows whenever you wish.

:agreed:

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post
On 1/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, chattius said:

But I really like(d) cooking.

 

awwwwwwwww  :hugs:   that was so sweet..and hugely meaningful to me... my family's got so much cookin gin their heart too... we try to keep it up by dropping off food packages..its not the same...but still feels like we're "sharing" ... we'll get to a great cooking place for you soon friend!

:gogo:

gogo

Link to post
On 1/30/2021 at 3:07 AM, Delta! said:

I had a whats app group for my Bday, and posted what I was going to make, and then each one could say what they made, so that we won't have 2 of the same dishes. 

 

If you start the duck breast of in a cold pan, skin side down, then the skin crisps up nicely. 

Delighted that your birthday was oppulent... preeeeeeeeeeeeeeemimm!  :D ... I loved having bdays like that where our imgagnations with the heart of friends always gave us the best birthdays.

Now...about that duck... good lord, never bought it...lol premium proteins like that scares me... :lol: I'll see if I can get my aunt or uncle to do a drive by

:4rofl: :lol:

gogo

Link to post
16 hours ago, crowgrrrl said:

Time certainly does fly the older I get! I cannot believe it has been two years since I was here! The Sacred 2 bug has never been far away though. I hope that all of you and your loved ones are doing well and thriving. Hopefully someday soon this Covid mess will be a distant memory. Ah well, we do what we can, take care of each other and march on.

What a surreal year 2020 was. Ugh! Will just leave it at that lol.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Hope to be around regularly again, probably lurking in the shadows as usual but wishing all of you health, happiness, good fortune, and good will.

Be well my friends. love always,

Sarah :D

Sooooo happpy to see you back on the boards Sarah...you are ALWAYS welcome ! :hugs: Yes, it has been an absolutely surreal year ... we have curfew here im montreal QC... starts at eight pm till five am...nothign like fleeing back home from the grocery store, out of breath while springing to make sure you dont get "caught" 

 

Young driver fined for breaking Quebec curfew — by 12 minutes

 

Ayup... these be those days

Keep coming back Sarah ..keep spreading those good vibes... !

:heart:

gogo

Link to post
7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

We've been missing you, Sarah! It's good to hear from you again and I'm glad that you have been well. Please know that you are always welcome to emerge from the shadows whenever you wish.

:agreed:

Steve, will, of course, have the lands' best bbq on hand for the partY!

:d_dance:

gogo

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...