New York Style Pizza

Maybe we should call ourselves the pizza gang? Has everyone here got a stone cept me? :)

Impressive effort, there Borg...the purple onions make it for me.

Email me a bite will ya

:)

gogo

Keep at it Borg. Remember, it is the taste that is important. Once you have the procedure down to get that, you fool around with technique to make it look 'better.' I am much better at getting it round than I used to be. As I previously mentioned, I use frozen white-bread dough, which comes in a log shape. So I microwave it on "defrost" for 3.5 minutes, and if it is still a bit frozen, another minute or so. Then I let it sit for a little while to warm up. Then I moosh the ends together to make it into more of a ball, and eventually flat (think of a log standing on an end and being pushed straight down into the ground and flattened). I often let it sit a little while so that it is nice and pliable and then pinch and stretch it into a circle a little smaller than the stone. Once it is in the desired shape, I put corn meal down on an anti-stick baking sheet and lay it out to rise. The white-bread dough is a perfect size for me, as a crust about the size of the stone comes out nice and thin the way I like it.

- Ike

I put corn meal down on an anti-stick baking sheet and lay it out to rise. The white-bread dough is a perfect size for me, as a crust about the size of the stone comes out nice and thin the way I like it.

- Ike

oh oh I think I screwed up I used the frozen loaf and did everything else but didn't lay it out to rise. I thought it was done after I thawed it in the microwave?

Edited by Borg
oh oh I think I screwed up I used the frozen loaf and did everything else but didn't lay it out to rise. I thought it was done after I thawed it in the microwave?

Ah, nope, gotta let it rise for a couple of hours. Then turn it over and put it on the cornmeal and it should slide around easily. :)

- Ike

Air bubbles are just that, use the needle roll on both sides and you rid of them. Meat hammer is fine too, but gently. That or the dough is to blame, too moist & soft.

I tempted at a parlor for quite a while (I don't eat pizza now, seen one too many :))

Thanks for all the tips. I am getting better now, it almost looks round pizza.gifBut no how bad it looked at the start or now it still tastes great. I will continue on in my quest for perfection