EE build : Dual Buff Minions + Dual combo Loop

Daedalus

Well ... I am not entirely satisfied right now with my current EE alternate spells inquisitor build ... but more on the side of having still to do more than a few tweaks than anything else really ... again on the side of defensive skills (when will I even learn :P).

As for the concept of the build, it ... how I should explain that ... it was supposed to be using the buff minions in a ... shall we say ... unusual way :P It does work of a sort but it's not exactly what I expected when I played it yesterday. 

Now is that a bad thing? 

Not really no :eqs5V2L:

Now, the principle was to give my inquisitor a metric ton of casting speed and ... recast the  minions AS BUFF (yep with the companion mod for the doppelganger :P ) and then recast them when needing some of their CA.

Because, believe or not, it's just after they are summoned that 'Aura' minions start to use their CA/spells.  Also, despite the time it takes for them to appear, it can be quite effective, plus you can have them in the right place at the right place. At to that the clustering maelstrom for mobs or inexorable subjugation for bosses ... yeah that's a good combo. 

But it's not EXACTLY how it turned out, now, is that a problem? 

NOOOOOO !!!! :eqs5V2L::eqs5V2L::diablo::diablo:

(PAY ATTENTION!!! :P :eqs5V2L::eqs5V2L:)

Now, I have found, no later than yesterday a "small combo trick" to enhanced the build. I am not how to explain it but it creates an ... interesting loop shall we say :P 

I think it's better explained in a video, now observe the start of my grunwald's run in here:

Now, there are a couple of things which could have gone better, most of them having to do with defense. That being said, I am quite surprised how effective this build potentially seems to be.

Oh, by the way, could you Hazard a guess as to what one of my last chosen skills might be? I'll give you a hint ... of crap, I forgot to post the dragon fight part of the video :P :eqs5V2L:

There may be a recurring theme with some of my builds lately, just saying :P 

Now, if you'll excuse me,  but on a totally unrelated subject (hum! :eqs5V2L:), I have a certain shadow warrior that needs to reach level 75, just saying (pay attention! :P ).

Edited by Daedalus
edited so as to account for sweating policy of darkmatters
  • Haha 1

I am very sorry, I should have checked first :( I will remember that for next time.

PS: I edited the removed part in accordance to the swearing policy, again I'll remember for the next time. I guess I needed to vent with all the madness around my city :coffeecup:

The reaction I made to your own was the closest one I found to "Oopss!! I shouldn't have done that" :coffeecup::bow:

Edited by Daedalus
  • Appreciation 1

Ok, so I'm a bit lost here since I'm not quite sure on what the Alternate Spells brings in terms of CAs. I can see you have a life leech effect with Levin Array and something else, but I'm not sure what it is. Little help?! :D

15 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Ok, so I'm a bit lost here since I'm not quite sure on what the Alternate Spells brings in terms of CAs. I can see you have a life leech effect with Levin Array and something else, but I'm not sure what it is. Little help?! :D

He's got the Battle Daemon!  :devil:

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Flix said:

He's got the Battle Daemon!  :devil:

And the raving thrust that goes with her ;) Now, it can't really be seen a lot in that video and I realize that, however if you paid attention, you'll see that I regularly recast both minions ... once they are reactivated BANG!! instant leving array/raving thrust!

The main blocking factor right now is max CA level. Because the higher the CA level the MOAR damage this build can ... well ... build (oops redudant :D ). There are a few other things using this that I haven't been able to fully master yet though to be honest, and a lot of them has to do with the doppelganger, and trying to figure which spells he can casts using +CA equipment and how/when he cast them. (especially clustering maelstrom/dislodge spirit, inexorable subjugation doesn't seem to work dang!)

Also, dislodge spirit stimulate mod has been modified from what I see? from percent based CA recovery time to fixed CA recovery time (0.5 sec + 0.5 sec/level), this is what allows combo 1 and combo 2 to be ... well ... combo'ed with each other. Also, now and then, you can disable one or both minions to quickly recover, do combos and recast minions. 

That's part of the build, but many stuff were ill presented in my video above :o 

Now, I've played mostly with my shadow warrior lately trying to get to level 75, and not much time to play atm. That being said, I am starting to realize that there a good amount of timing involved to drastically improve the effectiveness of this build.

Mainly, how you recast minions and trigger the combo chain, especially at the start of a fight, is of prime importance. For example, I've noticed that the "cooldown" on the battle daemon's raving thrust (not sure if 'cooldown' is the correct word but ok) is 'quite long' ... as in, she generally won't recast it when chaining mob fights unlike with the doppelganger minion. Once recasted however, it's guaranteeed. Very helpful to create havoc in ennemies lines at the start of the fight, and that's one.

Second, there does seem to be a very optimal way to recast the doppelganger minion relative to a casting of clustering maelstrom. basically, it goes like this: Cast both in proper order to make sure that every mob monsters are clustered for the doppelganger to deal a massive, massive crowd strike on them. Extremely effective against large cluster (well! :P ) of mobs. You can slaughter a metric ton of monsters this way :D :eqs5V2L:

Also I forgot to tell, I put the +% heal to self  life mod on the corpse explosion and placed it on combo 3. And while at the start of the fight it's combo 1-combo 2 first (to cluster all enemies and then WABAM!) during an extended fight, I immediately start casting combo3-combo 2 instead, with levin array to corpse explosion ... bam! 10% life healed. I am hoping to exploit his with a metric tons of life points supported by the "hit me I endure in pain!" aura of the inquisitor, justs saying (with the damage mod at the end of coarse pay attention! :P ... I know I say that a lot ... wait?! You big oaf of a sakkara daemon is that why you run away from me from time to time? WAIT WHAT? I say 'pay attention' too much? DAMN IT ! :P ).  

As for bosses fight, sure, I blundered a little on this dragon fight above but, once I've mastered the art of fixing the boss into place SAFELY to ... well ... allow the big oaf and his little 'sister' and 'nephew' to pawn said boss to oblivion ... well ... Let me just say that past experience has proven that might be a valid way of dealing with those .... hehehe!!! :diablo::eqs5V2L:

Taking a (temporary) break with the shadow warrior and his big strong yet sometimes stupid Daemon friend  (it's such a breeze since I've mastered divine devotion anyways :D )

Soooooo ... my new inquisitor. Well, it's strange how simply adding one or two mods can drastically improve the performance of a build.

I've fully modded my inexorable subjugation up to the mod that give 15% when reanimating a mob and ... well ... combined with the higher threat from those minions, it helps a ton! It keeps my inquisitor in the fight MUCHHHH longer by allowing him to quickly replenish his life points!

The thing I need to be careful for are those moments when you have a metric ton of mobs filled with champions to the brim. Those can be nasty! And yet, this is where the intial idea of the build shines !! And by resummoning the buff minions and following with a clustering maelstrom+levin array -> Loads of dead monsters!! :D You just need to be careful to feel when those moments arise. 

Also, using the bif 'oaf' (you know the 'friend' from the shadow warrior above) as a 'panic button' in those situations ... wow! ... it helps a ton! You just need to remember using it that's all. 

All in all, I am starting to realize that, while the builds turned out a bit differently than I expected, it is working much better than I anticipated when I encounter the initial problems at the start.

And bosses are no problem! The two minions +inexorable subjugation (just remember, apparently 4 seconds immunity after paralyzing the boss using it) and eventually the sakkara demon if need be ... WABAM!! Dead boss, just saying :diablo::eqs5V2L:

it's been some time since I posted due to having far less time to play. And while I don't anything else to add on "Hellmouth rush" shadow warrior build (it's getting pretty straigthforward at this point), the same cannot be said for that inquisitor build.

And it was ... pretty hardcore for some time:zipit:

I almost died A LOT OF TIME, especially due to some champions mass mobs and EVEN MOAR DEATH RISKS in the "halloween forest/swamp" area. Those eyes man .... they're really frustratingly dangerous to deal with this build ... or it was for a long while.

That being said: Good news! The death counter rate is at ... suprisingly zero at the moment, and mobs are starting to get quite a few additional levels above my char (the inquisitor keeps complaining about that ... easy man!! Everything will be fine ;) ).

And it is at those moments that I learn to adapt my build to the circumstances ... and learn something about it, the kind that allows me to improve it. 
First of all, I started to go heavier on defense skills and I think with Armor+Constitution+Thoughness ... that's a good mix and with the last spot for the "hellmouth" hehehe.

I did however made some breakthrough, especially dealing with eyes, the kind that suck the life out of your CA's regen time ... and on top of that prevents you from recasting buff if you stand up too close!!! Ahhhhhhhhh !!! (it's halloween Daedalus, pay attention!! :D ).

The first thing was: Run away far enough to able to ... well ... recast those buff minions :) 

But more importantly, while I was using CA slot 4 for ... almost nothing, generally inexorable subjugation, I did replace it with mortifying pillory despite having no weapon damage dealing abilities. And ... it was a breakthrough !! :) 

It is quite, quite useful in those fights involving a metric ton of dangerous champions! But, most of all, and I had no idea, you CAN use a ranged weapon with it and "brand" monsters as heretic from a (relatively) safe distance! :D 

And suddently, those champions horde fight became easier, including those evil eyes of doom! AHAHHAHAHAHH!! 

(and still zero death, I am bit surprised to be honest ... I'll stop here, let's not jinx it ;) ).

Now ... I have to create another post, because I have ideas for a whole bunch of other builds ... but which are all somehow based around the same idea. Those of you who played the Ultime series (number 6 actually), might realize the idea behind when they see the title just saying :D 

• Like! 1

A small update:

I am building my concentration to have it ready for mastery at lvl75 and also boosting my astute supremacy skills in the process. And for a simple reason ... I want that "reflecting aura" for two things.

1. It allows +% to reflect to ... everything once properly modded. Extremely useful but especially in Enhanced Edition where critical hits are ... well ... Enhanced too! ;) 

2. For the last mod I will try 'exploit', I am not sure which minions damage can be reflected to, but if it can be done to "auras minions" ... it would be  a superb addition to the build, just saying :) 

Imagine, have a whole bunch of damage shoved onto them and some of the rest of it healed through some of my CA. And since recasting those "aura minions" is  a tool of this build ... I think you might see where this is going to :D 

• Like! 1

dang!! It had to happen!!

I suffered my first death with my new inquisitor a few days ago (in fact around halloween R.I.P. :P ) ... only to rise again! (and again with the halloween theme).

It was a conjonction of quite a few factors: In the 'halloween' woods where there are a throng of 'death angels',their little summoned servants and ... a whole bunch of web-vomitting spiders!! ... all of that in a place that was litteraly SWARMING with champions, and most specifically of the 'death angels' type. Not a good combo. What was the killing blow however was me panicking like an imbecile and doing ... well ... dumbs things! :P 

Mostly instantly forgetting in a split second all that I learned so far about the build. Forgot about how to properly cluster them in maelstrom, which monsters to kill first (and recover life from) ... most of all I forgot abou that stupid mortyfying pillory ... and the demon of course! oh boy! That was really dumb!

ANYWAYS! 

After rebuilding my survival bonus partially, I came back to the exact same place and started enacting vengeance !! Now wait, not just vengeance ... VENDETTA!!! 

Also, that's around the time where I got my last skill ... guess what I picked? hehehe.

And this is where I learned a new trick -> the sakkara cluster bomb!!!

It's incredible how the EE edition and the demon in general open all kind of creative uses for CA. In this case clustering maelstrom!

And where the shadow warrior was mostly about directing the blasted demon to properly have him use the boosts, in there, it's more about 'creative uses' of clustering maelstrom to 'feed' the little devil, make sure he always has something to eat ... in range of his very, very large claws. You know, the kind that deals splash damage, if you get my meaning. 

End results .... VENDETTA ENACTED!!! 'There was much blood and gore' ... no wait that's actually man-o-war, my bad :P 

I am advancing in the main quest a little but I will soon go on and trash the ice&blood bosses. I need the magisil !! :) 

10 hours ago, desm said:

Wow, indeed, that's a nice weapon we have here

http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/Sacred2FallenAngel/S2FAItems/Items-LegendaryItems.html

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Magisil

I wonder if I've ever got it. Making me wants to do a little journey upon the Blood Forest :JC_wanted:

Make sure you do! :) 

Granted, it's not the perfect weapon for ALL builds, but it can be a VERY potent weapon for some builds. And from what I see, this build of mine would definitely benefit from it.

All of that on account of having so many attributes contributing to many aspect for this build:

Stamina, always useful to lower you CA cooldown, Intelligence for spell damage, VITALITY, quite important in that build especially with some of the CA mods I've chosen.

And here's the kicker! Despite being an almost pure caster build, it DOES benefit from Strength since it increase the damage of the zealous doppelganger :)