New information about the XMAS Sets

Hey:bye:

quick information: I just noticed certain enemies in Garema Embalmed Forest territory, I think they're called Skull Ripper in English, actually wield the sword of the gladiators XMAS set! I noticed because I tried out a build around chance that enemies die on sight and when they died, they dropped the sword every single time! I don't know if that works with things like BMs whirlwind too yet. But now there's a quick way to farm them :yay: And it works every day, not just on Christmas xD

Some speculation (would probably fit more into isle of thoughts, but I don't want to create two topics for the same theme): Maybe the X-MAS sets were originally sets exclusively for enemies and the skull ripper actually utilizes all three set items but can only drop the sword? Maybe that's their way of increasing certain enemies stats on higher difficulties without changing the level, so e.g. a max level skull ripper on niobium would still be more challenging than a max level skull ripper on platinum? And maybe they just made them drop at the starting isle to give us a hint about that?

• Like! 1
On 10/21/2020 at 3:36 PM, Lindor said:

Hey:bye:

quick information: I just noticed certain enemies in Garema Embalmed Forest territory, I think they're called Skull Ripper in English, actually wield the sword of the gladiators XMAS set! I noticed because I tried out a build around chance that enemies die on sight and when they died, they dropped the sword every single time! I don't know if that works with things like BMs whirlwind too yet. But now there's a quick way to farm them :yay: And it works every day, not just on Christmas xD

Some speculation (would probably fit more into isle of thoughts, but I don't want to create two topics for the same theme): Maybe the X-MAS sets were originally sets exclusively for enemies and the skull ripper actually utilizes all three set items but can only drop the sword? Maybe that's their way of increasing certain enemies stats on higher difficulties without changing the level, so e.g. a max level skull ripper on niobium would still be more challenging than a max level skull ripper on platinum? And maybe they just made them drop at the starting isle to give us a hint about that?

That's a terrific FYI on good farming practices! And I'd actually never noticed while playing when Xmas was released that any enemy could actually drop these sets... could this perchance be a bug as well? Who else thinks that these sets were just about the greatest gifts a gaming company could create... I'm not sure about other games at the time... but when they first dropped it was nothng short of mesmerizing ...and the hung race for collecting these sets for us and all our online friends in HC tore off... great fun waaaaaaaaaay long ago

:connie_xmas-moose:

gogo

Haha glad you enjoyed.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:24 PM, gogoblender said:

could this perchance be a bug as well?

Hmm I can't really think of what could cause this to be a bug. Imma test this with other classes that have Disarming CAs or the skill, but I think they simply wield that sword

:christmastree:

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Olá e bem vindo aos fóruns Arlyson!
Você verificou a seção de downloads aqui no DarkMatters?

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/forum/399-sacred-2-downloads-builds-blank-characters-items-more/

Acho que encontrei um para Serafim que Flix colocou

:)

gogo

Hi, thanks :) I wanted the old Christmas sets, Santa hat, twigs in hand and shield. I don't know if there's still a way to make them fall in the game because from what I saw, they were only in Sacred Online.
But thanks for answering, dear friend :)