Beowulf [SIN] vs. Yawgmoth [TLA]

Beowulf and I were working on a new Top Ten, but our quarry saved to an unexpected location. Fortunately, Ben came across a backup, and got a new Top Ten anyway. Check it out on the OoF.

After seeing a lack of activity on his planet, I sent a few probes from another Galaxy. No fleet, no res. But something seemed weird, and the fact that it took my probes 1.5-2 minutes to arrive suggested he might have learned something from my writings on Moon->DF hits. So we continued to watch. After a while, the DF around the moon/planet disappeared and there was also some activity on the planet. We waited another hour and probed again, no fleet, no res. No more activity on the planet, even after the server reset. So Beowulf created a DF around the only planet in the SS with an existing (invisible) DF, and we watched. We watched for about 45 minutes, and saw three decoy recs, and eventually the fleet. Four hours later it was . . .

Yawgmoth.jpg

Cheers you guys on a new TOP Ten!

Congratulations Ike and Beowulf on this very very VERy heavy hit.

Lord Yawgmouht's comments on the OOF post really brought out the beauty of this Hoff.

Nice work fellas

:bye:

gogo

W00tedness this is amazing! Great job guys, its nice to know that some others are working on blind phalanxes also. :4rofl: A few months ago I ninjad ~300 battlecruisers of his by baiting moon and harvest mission, recalled and put in the ships just between his 5 second saftey probe and the attack. :)

I'm glad to see uni 9 is full of talented players, I hope you have many more awesome crashes! :)

I hope he rebuilds fast, he has always been a nice guy and congratulated me when I got him also. :)

PS, I wonder when he will start probing me again! :P

Good work guys, just a shame about the target :)

A good synopsis of the comments here and on the HoF boards. I have always had a great deal of respect for Lord Yawgmoth. I first dealt with him 8-9 months ago on a moonshot trade. I sent my LF and in between when they arrived and he was to send his to my planet, he got hit -- by Ince I think, during the SoS Wars. So he sent BSs in their place. Neither of us got moons, but I put him onto Lekgolo, who gave him a moon a few weeks later. LY took it very well, and his postings since have only confirmed my high opinion of him.

OTOH, given the chance to help Beowulf get a well-deserved Top Ten hit, how could I refuse? :4rofl:

I sent LY well wishes in game before the hit, and have chatted with him and Xual since. Neither harbors any ill will, and I know with TLA's help, and that of his many other friends, he will rebuild quickly. Perhaps the next Top Ten Moon-->DF crash will be against a less likeable player. :)

I sent LY well wishes in game before the hit, and have chatted with him and Xual since. Neither harbors any ill will, and I know with TLA's help, and that of his many other friends, he will rebuild quickly. Perhaps the next Top Ten Moon-->DF crash will be against a less likeable player. :P

Yeah, it's hard to wish bad on you two when it was a skillful and well executed hit. I wasn't gonna come out of VM tonight, especially not after my flight got delayed :) , but I have a few mil crystal I was saving for grav that I think Yawg would have more use for now than me. He's not really had the best of luck with his fleets. He lost it all to Darkside last year (how many were playing the account for that hit? >_>) then again to Beo now. He almost quit last year, so I'm glad he's sticking around after this one. He's one of the few original TLA's left :)