How to Adjust Camera Speed Sacred 2 to Follow Faster?

12 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hi jedijimi!  I think Schot wrote up a guide sooooooooooo many years ago... 

Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View and optionsCustom txt

Does that at all help?

I'm sure with modding there's a newer "souped up " way of doing this :lol: maybe someone will come bay to help

:D

gogo

Nah nothing in this thread seems to me to be with camera speed. Thanks for the go at it though. :)

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for.  Are you saying the time between the character moving and the camera moving is too long?

I personally recommend turning off the follow camera option.  It's very snappy that way if you don't mind moving it around manually as needed.

• Thanks! 1
14 hours ago, Flix said:

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for.  Are you saying the time between the character moving and the camera moving is too long?

I personally recommend turning off the follow camera option.  It's very snappy that way if you don't mind moving it around manually as needed.

Thanks Flix

🥃

gogo

Well, I'm talking about camera rotation, response and movement in follow camera mode. Ok so now some honesty. I play with wsad. This is all for wife to enjoy the game better. Stupid arthritus in left hand. She likes the WoW/Swtor camera. Meaning how she can walk and move camera together via holding both mouse buttons down.  Not sure if possible. 

Now for the work around I found is, lead char with left mouse button and pan camera around with middle mouse button, or lead toon with left mouse button and have follow camera option ticked. If I could could speed up the camera response time in follow mode, it'd be more like the WoW/SWTOR camera.

So back to original question can we speed up the camera response/rotation. (I don't want mouse sped up just camera)
If we can't hack the camera like that, it's cool. If we can/could even better game play experience for wife and I.

Not sure if I should start new thread, but I'll ask on this one anyway. Is it possible to get mouse buttons 4,5,6 functioning in game? Or can I remap mouse buttons at all? Not seeing info...

Edited by jedijimi
1 hour ago, jedijimi said:

Is it possible to get mouse buttons 4,5,6 functioning in game?

As far as I can recall older games dislike alternative mouse buttons, so your best bet if you have that option is to use the mouse's own software to bind each button to a keyboard key and then map those in the game.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Androdion said:

so your best bet if you have that option is to use the mouse's own software to bind each button to a keyboard key and then map those in the game.

Crap... Time to upgrade my mouse I think then. I just junked my razer cause middle button went out, and using a low dollar mouse. Thanks for tip!

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, jedijimi said:

Crap... Time to upgrade my mouse I think then. I just junked my razer cause middle button went out, and using a low dollar mouse. Thanks for tip!

And... a bit off topic though... great AVatar!

a fan!

:starwars:

gogo