Hired killers...good drops or not?

Hey guys, how are drops affected when we don't give them our personal touch?

There are many ways in this game that allow us to use "helping hands" to finish off that tiny touch of death, but that many not come from us directly, right?

-Poisoned Tendrils

-Tentacles

-NPC's

-Flaming Feet

etc...

Do you think that because we are not "directly" related to these kills, the drop values could being modified?

Do my tendrils share my mf?

My Ebolts daemon can do massive mass kills, but the tentacles do quite a bit of them. Could this be a reason for the myriad of white drops?

Any theories on this?

Thanks!

:D

gogo

The NPCs used to give you crappy or no drop if they kill, and that was specifically addressed in 1.7 patch or Plus (don't hold me against it, its been too long).

I don't think any CA will give you better or worse drop, now that the transformation=no drop issue is addressed as well.

Burning feet, no idea. :D

hmmmmmm . . .

Given the NPC's don't kill very fast, duration and other factors mentioned in Schot's thread may be making them seem like they give junk. Need a way to sliver them real fast and let the NPC quickly administer the coup de grace. Not sure how you could work this.

Here is a database NightWolfe created listing all the items NPCs can equip. You can basically make your NPC have better chance to find magic items if you really wanted to. I would think that since the way you get these NPCs is by a quest meant for you to deliver them somewhere (usually), that they would not stack MF with you. For instance, in diablo if you had 300 mf and your hireling had 200 mf, if you killed something there would be 300 mf for that kill, if your hireling killed something you'd have 500 mf. I do think this would be a way to increase the NPCs chance for finding items though...

That being said, I don't actually know if NPCs do or do not get your MF along with each kill they make. And myles said that they should have no drop or a bad drop anyways, so I don't even know if any of this info will help :D.

I have no clue about any of the others ;)

Hi :bye:

Regarding tentacles:

I do experienced that while using tentacles extensively the drops were a bit lower in value. Thats for the long run of course - even with no mf using tentacly kind stuff just with sheer luck the best items could be found.

CS.

you got me wrong griffman, they fixed the NPC no drop bug with patch. NPCs use the character's MF supposedly now.

Same for the Unicorn. Uni shouldn't interfere with your drop rate anymore.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NPC's with MF is just like in diablo, increasing your chance of finding better drop than the average.

When it comes to killing with indirect Combat Arts, I am clueless XD