Firefox, Addons and Themes

bhj

I found opera to be a nice little browser as well th3undon3on3, to bad it didn't work with my online banking site. -_-

Grats on getting FF ;) I still think it's better than IE. Gotta get it again myself. :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most absolutely super important add-on of all though is definitely...

Smiley Xtra

This add-on adds a single small button to the top of the browser. When you click it you get a HUMONGOUS list of peer submitted smilies. Some are totally awesome, like the wide B-Day banners you sometimes see us post. And some are super... Well. Not so great. Good and bad. I've used it so much now that I pretty much no where to navigate to get all the good ones like 4.gif

Oh and the list is regularly updated. :Just_Cuz_21:

:Just_Cuz_21: OH I cant thank you enough for this! My life is now complete! :bye::Just_Cuz_21:

• 2 weeks later...

well I just got firefox today and I will tell you this it blows ie out of the water by a long shot I think I found my browser

Yeah.. Adblock is a standard, as is Fasterfox. Got the smiley thing as well (awesome ^^) and the theme I use is CrystalFox Cute. Like the colorful icons in that one.

Thought I'd share a quick trick for all you surfers out there:

Right click on the shortcut, and choose "properties" from the menu.

Now make sure you add [ /Prefetch:1] without the brackets at the end of the line in Target:

["C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /Prefetch:1] < this is how it looks at my pc, again without brackets.

First time starting FF, it will load normally. After that, clicking the shortcut will make FF load faster.

Rebooting resets this function, so the first time FF will start after starting up Windows will always take a little longer. After this, it's lock and load!

I don't have any Addons.. just got no Idea of that Stuff.

The most important Thing is my Side Bar :P

:)

I read this a little while ago which reminded me of Opera. Opera has a wonderful sidebar option. Well... So does Firefox! :D

Iiiiiiii love it! There's a lot of tools on my firefox and I hate the fact that there are horizontal bars taking up precious browser window space at the top. Well I just installed the "All-in-one sidebar" addon and I'm in heaven. Woot!

All-in-one sidebar

You're a genius Timo, haha! Oh and prefetching Firefox is goooooood. :D

Hehe no genius here, just a good searcher :4rofl: I found this trick (again, because I forgot how to do it) on a dutch tech site. To explain what the trick does: it loads a few things into the memory of your pc, and keeps it there. That's why it makes FF start faster the second time.

• 2 months later...

OK Firefox vs darkmatters: when I visit the frontpage it seems as if I'm not logged in, but going into a subforum shows me logged in as usual. Clicking my way back to the frontpage makes me online there as well. What's going on?

Oh and why do I have to log in again weekly or smt?

Hi there

Here's a screenie of one of the extensions I like best on FF : Showcase

A Windows/Tab browser with thumbnails.

ff.jpg

And here's the list of my extensions

ff2.jpg

I'm using a portable version of Firefox on my USB Key, with some of these ext. also.

I don't often use Fire Ftp, prefer filezilla, and got a portable version as well.

Cya

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah I just love the new mouse gestures :D Now if I only can find a "paste and go" that works :unsure:

BTW FireFox 3.0 has gone to RC1 :D ----->link :D

Oh! Getting closer and closer. Has there been any word of support for CSS3 in the coming FF3? That would be nice! Oh and a faster way to copy/paste would be awesome. I do it sooo much. *click draaaaag ctrl+c* When I first used photobucket I was really happy to experience the auto copy function they have. Yes... I'm a cheap date. :unsure:

*clicks the RC1 link* I'm soo curious. ^^

Doh! It's a direct download link. How about an info linky there fellah. :D