Firefox, Addons and Themes

bhj

better late the never right :bomb:

well for me the addones is why iam using firefox (iam still use opera but not as much as I did before)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

firefox isn't a best browser around, but those add-ons makes him desirable. That is why I am going with the firefox.

And all of you, which one don't have english as a primary language, I have very good spell checker for firefox.

I will keep the file in following location for a while than delete it. It is great extension.

http://linderslandscaping.com/yarasa/Spell....8.20060108.xpi

another reason to use firefox :bomb:

enjoy

One nobody mentioned was stumbleupon, it basically lets you stumble upon (duh) sites that you otherwise would never have found, and based on what you like or dont like, adjusts what you bump into next. You can compare your likes and dislikes with other users, or select categories that you would like to stumble around in, or browse what other people enjoy. Anyway, its a neat time killer :P

Guest gogoblender
One nobody mentioned was stumbleupon, it basically lets you stumble upon (duh) sites that you otherwise would never have found, and based on what you like or dont like, adjusts what you bump into next. You can compare your likes and dislikes with other users, or select categories that you would like to stumble around in, or browse what other people enjoy. Anyway, its a neat time killer :(

nice find

heh...alas...another hour "killed"

:rolleyes:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been exposed to this bug 2 times now (its damn annoying)

firefox starts to act kinda funny and it becomes sooooo slow

and the next time I start it the bookmarks are gone :4rofl: its not using the themes and most of the settings for the dif addons are set to def :4rofl:

have anyone else been exposed to this ?

I haven't had any troubles bhj. That sounds like a real pain tho. You probably already tried the uninstall/reinstall method? You did save your bookmarks somewhere safe I hope!? :4rofl:

hmmm I think I have found out what causes the bug

if I have firefox minimized while playing delta force (this seems to be a BAD combo)

• 5 weeks later...

Bran spankin new add-on for me!

FireFtp

My first ftp client software. :hugs: Tried it out last night on my ftp site to drag and drop multiple files and folders. Worked like a charm. I'll be tinkering away at this one for a while to see all its features.

I like the fireftp add-on but I am still using my old buddy FlashFXP. I start using FlashFXP program I don't know how many years ago, and still couldn't find any program to beat it. I got so use to that program, other programs looks odd to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I at last got FireFox. Yes yes I didnt have it till now but now I do and I need help what to add on to it.

Since I dont have a clue about it I would like to get some input what is good what is bad and what I needed yesterday. :D Since most people here have it for a long time I would like to here from the hard core users. :P

Another person who sees the light! :P

There's not much you absolutely need right now, except the DivX to see the movies here in FDM. :D

I think Bhj started a add-on thread in da past... Um let's search for it. Ah ha here.

Click Me

I love "Ad block Plus" and "popup master", very useful tools for quick browsing.

Hey Kat, and welcome to the Firefox team!

At the top of your browser pick Tools, Addons, then down at the bottom right you will see extensions. Choose from any of those what you want to add to your browser. From there I would also go to Extensions and choose a theme. I think a lot of us have noia extreme goin on..it's an unbelievably beautiful skin for firefox.

Have fun!

:P

gogo

Edit I use ADblock Plus...this COMPLETELY disables adds...yee haw!...love it :D

Thanks for the info guys. Gogo I heard you talk about noia yesterday and I went and got it the second I downloaded FireFox and I love it. Allsaw got the ADblock thing and it work like a charm. :D

Will have to check out the rest of the things. :P

You know, heh, just talkin about this now has got me all excited about gettin my firefox all fancied up again. I think in our tech section there is an AMAZING addon that will speed up your firefox speeds by a minimum of 30 percent.

And glad you like the noia, ain't it grand?

and it can take a while getting used to tabs, but once you start using them you realize how NOT using them is so antideluvian!

:D

gogo

About the tabs Gogo you are so right. it makes life so much easy for me. It will still take a day or two to get use to but I will get there. I love the spelling thing to.

P.S.:Noia is so shiny it looks great I cant stop looking at it. :D

As for the speed up I looked them up but if I even think of trying them I am not doing it with our Schot or BHJ on MSN holding my hand all the way. :P

Ah gratz Katran. It's a very nice browser. Kudos to the faithful developers and all around helpers who keep Firefox goin strong.

As for the speeding up Firefox thing I believe they integrated that feature a little while ago so it installs as default. So no hand holding necessary. :)

The most absolutely super important add-on of all though is definitely...

Smiley Xtra

This add-on adds a single small button to the top of the browser. When you click it you get a HUMONGOUS list of peer submitted smilies. Some are totally awesome, like the wide B-Day banners you sometimes see us post. And some are super... Well. Not so great. Good and bad. I've used it so much now that I pretty much no where to navigate to get all the good ones like 4.gif

Oh and the list is regularly updated. :woot:

mo9bu.gif

203010149541a36196c008f0cy.png

reason1-firefox-notIE.gif

YAY! :)

I'm using this lot

firefox454.jpg

Noscript.. stops sites from launching anything tracking cookies etc. unless you allow the site.

Haven't found a single malicious file with my antivirus since I got it...

Ad block and plus... already mentioned no adds or popup ads!

Video downloader... guess.. :woot:

:blink:

~Doom

I only use Firefox for Ogame, and only so I can use Foxgame. For everything else there's Opera.

ahh, yeah, forgot about that nifty little add on for ogame too.

never go into space without it

:D

gogo