Margins art.

With margin art I mean things you draw on margins (No idea if the word is correct, I mean the edge of the paper in the notebook ;D).

Do you have any of those scaned?

If not, look for your old notebooks (or actual ones ;>), and get some scans.

I'll bring mine a bit later.

You mean like the stuff Sergio Aragonés used to do in the margins of Mad magazine?

aragones01.jpg

I love that stuff!

It takes a good feel for spacing.

Let's see whatcha got Perq!

:)

gogo

Ah come on gogo, we wanna see your doodles, not someone else's. :4rofl:

Right, I'll show mine when the exams end cause I'll have to tidy up my room by sorting all the papers lying around. :4rofl:

Oh cool! What a fun topic this is going to be. :4rofl:

Here's a couple that I submitted in a past topic.

img002.jpg

img001.jpg

Whoa! Haha. They kind of scanned really big. I think the real size is about 1/4 of what you see.

Sorry - no artistic talent here. I fill in the squares of the crossword and sudoku instead of drawing. Almost said doodling, but that is slightly pejorative, and to be avoided.

Took me so long to post them, and also they aren't any great. Just shows that I'm bored on some lessons ^^. And Schoot, preety impressive works in here ;D. I must consider colouring my pieces and painting a larger ones. (Those are usual like 20cm x 20m).

Here we go:

artfullbr4.jpg

art2fullpz0.jpg

I had to do 180 deegre turn to get this. I was drawing it upside down.

art3fullfv7.jpg

art4fullbl2.gif

Line tries :P.

art5fullow4.jpg

art6fullgj4.jpg

I have no idea what thing is... do you? :D

Give your ideas what those things can be, all of them ;D.

NOTE: They all were scaned, I got the squares from the notebook deleted, and I made them a bit more "bold".

Edited by Perq

I'll photo some and show you all...

I could make a portfolio...

(now If only I hadn't chucked away my old planner)

:oooo:

~Doom

I didn't chuck away my old planner, which was good. Here's a selection of the best work in the books I have at home right now.

SSA40368.jpg

SSA40372.jpg

SSA40367.jpg

SSA40395.jpg

SSA40386.jpg

SSA40375.jpg

I'll add more later

:oooo:

~Doom

hehe, nice ones. I think I need to make bigger works too. Friend of mine have nice one in maths notebook (I'll try to get that notebook). Anyways, more people could post their works :oooo:

Edited by Perq

I wasn't sure where to add a few of mine, There not so much margin art, but they are from my high school days :lol: I loved to duplicate metal album cover art :lol: Gotta Love Eddie and Vic!

Pictureeddie.jpg

Picturevic.jpg

Yup The first one is my vision of the cover of Iron Maidens Killers Album. The second is actually an unfinished Vic from Megadeth. :) They were just fun and challenging to try and duplicate.

Ari, your art is gorgeous...I'm jealous! Everyone here, you're all so lucky to produce stuff like this in your "off" time, lol.

Ari, expect me to come knockin at yer door for an Avatar make-over one day!

gogo

LOL @ cencorship Indy, hahaha. Niiiice one. I love the one on the bottom right. Very cool lookin. You should develope him further!

Amaaaaaazing shading Ari. OMG. :lol: I have such a hard time with that kind of shading. Ugh! Another thing to learn, haha.

That last one of yours Tim is a fun type of doodling to do. The kind that just grows and grows into a life and pattern of it's own. Very nice!

Interesting Perq. To me it looks like all of your doodles/margin arts share a style which I love by the way. They have a solid form to them. A sort presence. For anyone who knows of it I'm thinking "Yellow Submarine". http://www.hgd.com/gallery/images_gallery/...w_submarine.jpg

Cool stuff everyone! :devil:

Ari, your art is gorgeous...I'm jealous! Everyone here, you're all so lucky to produce stuff like this in your "off" time, lol.

Ari, expect me to come knockin at yer door for an Avatar make-over one day!

gogo

hehe Thank you for your vote of confidence Gogo! Whenever you want I would try and do my best for ya :4rofl:

I'm sorry Indy!! And I only see all the mistakes I made! :4rofl: I have to say the censoring bar made me laugh out loud! and I love the 3D designs too! The spherical one I personally always had trouble drawing out.

Thanks Schot! I wish I could fix a few of the folds in the shirt though.. :)

I did a reply and it crashed and I can't be bothered to do it again.

The important bit was 'keep the thread going till I get back in September' and 'thanks Perq for a great thread'

A propos of nothing Ari' my wife came across the following in an Anglo-Indian dictionary..."Avatar - an incarnation on earth of a divine Being". That covers you and Clqire but what about the rest of us MM6

Oh hell ;y French keyboqrd hqs reverted to English lqyout /// :4rofl:

This censeroship just kills me ;D Its cool tho. I like bottom right thing from Tim quite a lot. I have no idea what is it, tho. ;D

I think I'll make some more strange scans, havent found mine all-year works yet ;D.

And... gogo - draw something, NOW! ;D