Fried eggs

I think the farmer's wife where we get our eggs is going to be surprised by the sudden explosion in egg eating here.

Hehe, I just had fried eggs made myself. Oil is bad for them I think. I prefer butter for that.

Here is list how I make mine:

1. Heat up the pan.

2. Melt the butter,

3. Eggs, salt,

4. Lower the burner, cause they will get burn.

5. After a while, get them off.

6. I usualy eat them with roll with butter. Its REALLY great.

I love them cause they are REALLY easy to make, and you dont need any extra ingrediens. I dont really like bacon in, and other stuff. They mess up eggs taste =D.

• 6 months later...

Did you guys know that eggs have the highest BV (biological value) natural, of any food on the planet?

"You have to look at the BV (Biological Value) to determine how much digestible protein is left for the body to use ... chicken, fish, eggs, milk, have a higher BV than other plant based items. With regard to the egg ... all of the protein in the egg is contained in the white of the egg.

"In general, animal proteins, such as from milk, eggs, and meats, are considered highly digestible and higher quality than plant sources of protein." http://pediatrics.about.com/od/nutrition...

Actually Andromeda ... neither of us was correct ...eggs as the BV standard are rated at 93.7% . . .

Protein (g) is divided as follows: Protein (g) 6.29 (entire egg) 3.60 (white/albumin) 2.70 (yolk).

It is quite distressing that I have erred since it happens so infrequently. But I suppose a couple of times a year isn't so bad.

Now I would agree that equivalency can be compensated by volume consumed. However perhaps we leave it to the asker if he/she wants to eat a boatload of hemp seeds to make up for what can be obtained by eating a couple of eggs. It is quite the predicgtable but vacuous statement on your part.

Moreover, your statement of "compensation by eating tons of something else" does not change the validity of the statement that "In general, animal proteins, such as from milk, eggs, and meats, are considered highly digestible and higher quality than plant sources of protein." http://pediatrics.about.com/od/nutrition... BTW digestible & useable are usually used interchangeabley in active clinical settings.

Supply references when you make statements.

* 2 weeks ago

Source(s):

Source: USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 19 "

:P

gogo

Ok it seems that gogo and I would get along great because I also put ketchup on my eggs well actually any egg thingy lol.

I put veggie oil in a pan and let it heat on med temp enough to cover the bottom of the pan but not to much to run over the egg. When it is heated I gently crack the egg and put it in slowly the closer to the pan the easier it its not to break open the yolk. Using a spatula I push some of the hot oil on top of the egg so that it makes the white over the yolk appear so when you flip it wont break. Flip the egg once let it cook a minute and scoop it out putting it on a paper towel to sopp up the excess oil. Take it off the towel and salt and pepper and you gots a perfect fried egg. I dont like them over cooked because I like the yellow runny but the white must be completly cooked.

as for scrambled water does work better than milk!!

Wow what an eggcelent thread. GET IT? I want eggs now and here's my input on the tasty oval:

FRIED eggs (or overhard if you will): That's what I call an egg in which there is no white or yellow moving and there is no dunking to be had. These are good only on breakfast sandwiches w/cheese and one of the following: Bacon/sausage/ham/Spam yes SPAM! Go out and try yer spam egg n cheese.

SCRAMBLED eggs(chopped up fried eggs): Perhaps the easiest of the bunch either with or without a splash of milk. A good alternative when I'm not in the dipping mood. These are good with ketchup and/or hot sauce.

OVEREASY eggs: My favorite. I don't like any runny egg snot in my white part and I find the one flip does it well enough...just make sure to only let it cook a few seconds (I need to dunk my toast in that lovely golden reservoir of deliciousness)

-SUNNYSIDE-UP eggs: the slight derivation of overeasy w/no flip. I love these as well but it's difficult to make w/o nasty egg snot or accidentally cooking the bottom too long

POACHED eggs: I don't dare to make these, too much work for what is essentially a cute/compact overeasy egg. I love em though especially with Canadian Bacon and hollandaise on an english muffin.

HARDBOILED eggs: A fried egg in it's own shell :blush: A nice quick snack. Needs a lil salt and pepper to.

SOFTBOILED eggs: An overeasy egg in its own shell. It's a nice change of pace from the usual but is difficult to get that nice runny inside. You have to find that delicate balance before she gets hardboiled on ya. Still you ought to have these on toast hooooooo boy!

DEVILED eggs: Yeah I know ya wouldn't eat these with homefries and pancakes but I love em, could eat an entire tray of em and I didn't want to malign my tasty appetizer friend.

In conclusion cook em butter or bacon fat; eat them with toast, sausage, bacon, ham, canadian bacon, homefries, hasbrowns, corned beef hash, steak, pancakes or waffles. Wash it down with milk or orange juice. Do whatever you like just take a moment and appreciate the beauty of.....EGG.

• 4 months later...

bbq sauce on top afterwards and cook them in real butter .... with extra sharp cheddar cheese. ..yummy

ketchup is for meatloaf sandwiches.... which we are having tonight ...

Edited by Genenut

usual method is to first cook a bunch of peppered bacon with more pepper added, remove bacon, then load up the pan with brown eggs. cook until yoke almost solid, plate and serve with a dash of garlic salt and some good hot sauce like habanero tabasco. looks gross, bad for me, tastes great and only one pan to clean up.

This one I know is true, because it's science (Alton Brown is my hero!).

Alton Brown Rules! :woot: I love his show on the Food Network! Cooking shows 24/7 :woot:

Alton Brown, the Bill Nye of the Culinary world.

As for eggs it All depends.

Fried solid for sandwiches (with or without meat, bacon, sausage, etc.)

cooked just like Carolyn and put on top of corned beef hash.

scrambled hard with toast.

and a good Katsu donburi, which is a Japanese dish that uses a bowl with a tight fitting lid. First it is filled with steamed rice, then crispy breaded chicken is laid on top to form a circle, a sauce is then spread across everything and a raw egg is dropped gently in the center of the circle, the lid is then quickly placed on top so the heat and steam cook the egg similar to an egg once over easy.

• 2 months later...

Ok - I used to work as a breakfast Chef for quite some time.

Here is the way I fry eggs - It's simple - fool proof pretty much - and my friends are known to have copied my method :) ( saves me doing it! )

It's harder to get it right cooking with electricity - Gas is much easier to control the heat.

1. Heat butter SLOWLY in clean non stick pan. The butter should be just melted - I wait until there are just a few pieces of butter not melted then proceed.

2. Crack the eggs slowly into pan - In good restaurants they cook them to order for a reason - better not to do more than 4 at a time.

3. Heat them very slowly and gently - and when the whites start to go ermm.. white - put a lid over the pan. I always use a saucepan lid as it created the steam needed quicker. This cooks the eggs both from the top and bottom. Giving them an attractive poached look on the top - and allows you to control the cooking of the yolk perfectly. So if you like runny yolk - you never get the 'rooster juice' ( lol - sorry ) or uncooked egg white that people don't like - and prevents burning and over cooking from the bottom up.

Next time I fry eggs ill take some pics :)

When I have a little more time ill add my 'scrambled eggs to die for' recipe :P

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE this part it cleared up a problem I was having of turning them over

"3. Heat them very slowly and gently - and when the whites start to go ermm.. white - put a lid over the pan. I always use a saucepan lid as it created the steam needed quicker. This cooks the eggs both from the top and bottom. Giving them an attractive poached look on the top - and allows you to control the cooking of the yolk perfectly. So if you like runny yolk - you never get the 'rooster juice' ( lol - sorry ) or uncooked egg white that people don't like - and prevents burning and over cooking from the bottom up."

eier.gif

Ok - I used to work as a breakfast Chef for quite some time.

Here is the way I fry eggs - It's simple - fool proof pretty much - and my friends are known to have copied my method :) ( saves me doing it! )

It's harder to get it right cooking with electricity - Gas is much easier to control the heat.

1. Heat butter SLOWLY in clean non stick pan. The butter should be just melted - I wait until there are just a few pieces of butter not melted then proceed.

2. Crack the eggs slowly into pan - In good restaurants they cook them to order for a reason - better not to do more than 4 at a time.

3. Heat them very slowly and gently - and when the whites start to go ermm.. white - put a lid over the pan. I always use a saucepan lid as it created the steam needed quicker. This cooks the eggs both from the top and bottom. Giving them an attractive poached look on the top - and allows you to control the cooking of the yolk perfectly. So if you like runny yolk - you never get the 'rooster juice' ( lol - sorry ) or uncooked egg white that people don't like - and prevents burning and over cooking from the bottom up.

Next time I fry eggs ill take some pics :)

When I have a little more time ill add my 'scrambled eggs to die for' recipe :P

Well

I'm honestly tempted to send you a ticket all the way to Montreal to see how eggs described like turn out! And the funny thing is, my parents were down for a day a few weeks ago, and my Mom (of course) offered to make me breakfast. I've never actually paid attention to my mother cooking eggs before...and noticed that she had the lid on (just like you mentioned Anestty!) to "steam" the yolk so that it didn't come out all runny. Yes, I'll pass on the rooster juice!

Great post Anestty, you still write about cooking well. I still remember that great steak thread you made here a few years ago with you and Inc sitting down to that great meal.

Delicious.

:ninja:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried Anesttys way of cooking eggsthumbup6ly.gif But as Anestty says if you want runny yolks thats not the way to go. But it cooked them perfect with no chance of burning the bottoms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just tried Anesttys way of cooking eggsthumbup6ly.gif But as Anestty says if you want runny yolks thats not the way to go. But it cooked them perfect with no chance of burning the bottoms

If you cook them gently, you can actually control the constancy of the yolk perfectly Also, it's good to create steam, either by pouring a small amount of water under the lid, or I like to put half a tomato instead - the liquid is usually enough. This cooks them with steam from the top, and heat from the bottom. You can also try a larger lid if they are cooking to quickly. :4rofl:

to fry eggs I like to begin with cooking loads of bacon. crush a bunch of pepper on it while cooking even if they are 'pepper' bacon. when bacon is done, pull it out and start dropping in eggs until pan is full. flip once, pull out just when the yokes start to harden. sprinkle a little california style garlic salt and a dash of tabasco. this is a very heart healthy way to eat them :4rofl: