Dagger Star and FarSight Theori

some time ago when Schot and me were running around in the dessert of khorad-nur he was (BM) me my Marksman gladi. I threw Ds on myself and we went out ot kill something hehe..

we started to talk about Ds and Fs and how thier could be a link betwen those to mods, we are currently running some test on this "theori" because we noticed that when we had 0% Fs the monsters had to come close up before the damage stareted to get activated, and then with and 60% FS, it range increased with 6 steps from your curret location. so we think that a high amount of Fs the Ds would get a bigger range.

this theori is stil under it's beta testing area.

more will come when me and Schot have tested it through 100%

cheriose

Epox

Isn';t there also some info on in some other Thread? I thought they were the same. Is DS the only Area of Effect effect CA there is in the game? Atm I can't think of another one that can damage offscreen enemies.

I'm going to look at this close, good luck and keep us updated ^^

Sylph

okay folks here it comes!

Dagger Star and Farsight is a great thing. my gladi usualy had 60% fs I incrased it to 106%, and the range was increased.

so out from this I can conclued that Farsight incrases the range on Dagger Star so in the long run if all ya gear has FS bonus and your an Ds gladi and you hit like 600% fs all monster with in an very big range will drop dead even without seeing them.

so all you DS glads get some farsight and kill all of arcania hehe

This may actually be an anormous outbreak in Ancaria, I'm starting my Gladiator right here, right now. Consider this: Five Gladiators in the Southern region, get on horse for faster movement speed, killing everything. That way, Region bosses will be far more easier to reach.

Does anyone agree to me on that?

Sylph

EDIT

Do you also get XP by the far away kills?

Nice work here Epox.

I know that I've done a ton of playing with Silearth, Gimpa and a few other DS glads and I've always been excited by how far the implications of DS can reach. Any more results on how we can use this for some great team work would have great benefits.

Sylph, I can see how this DS would/could make going after those end bosses even more fun. We've never done anything so organized as a group before but a hunt like this could really be sweet.

:drunkards:

gogo

Nice work here Epox.

I know that I've done a ton of playing with Silearth, Gimpa and a few other DS glads and I've always been excited by how far the implications of DS can reach. Any more results on how we can use this for some great team work would have great benefits.

Sylph, I can see how this DS would/could make going after those end bosses even more fun. We've never done anything so organized as a group before but a hunt like this could really be sweet.

:D

gogo

I always thought it would be cool to have a party of glads with mega DS running through the desert. DS misses sometimes so the overlapping coverage would take care of the enemies.

As for the Far sight.... My new glad has 518 to far sight, but his DS is still pretty low--under 100. He is level 75. Big thanks to gimpa for the rune drops that allowed me to get my DS up so high.

I've noticed that my sight extends to the end of the mini-map now, which means that I can see enemies and at least one quest giver from the island. We were toying around last night trying to kill enemies from the island. I figure that I'll need around 200 to DS before my range is as far as me FS.

Now for the experiment. Once I get my DS high enough, and if I really can effect enemies from the island, I'm going to stand on the island holding an orla staff and trigger my DS. On an empty server of course.

If DS works whit Far Sight, could Hell sphere do the same?

I have a feeling that this may be the case; it would be interesting to test. Fireball would be another good choice.

But going back the the DS subject, I have something interesting to report.

I had some help in muling about 80 runes to my DS glad so I got his DS up to 111. His FS is still at 518 but I have three open sockets and I have higher level Andiells helms with increased FS waiting for me. 650 to 700 FS is reachable for this glad.

I was on the island last night and noticed that one enemy was a bit closer than usual. Just for the heck of it I moved to the edge of the island and turned on the stare. The effect was instant, the red blip on my mini-map started to move around as the bandit tried to get to my spot. He was at the edge of the land mass and was trying to find a path to the island.

So my DS already reaches from the island to the mainland--just barely.

I jumped over to finish him off and found that, even though the DS had gotten his attention, it was not doing any damage.

This will require further study of course. If there were some way to lure a flying foe near the island..... I've managed to bring D'cay as far as the bridge in Porto Vallum. I know he doesn't fly, but you get my point.

Would have to do this in a private game. If someone had entered my game and portaled to Porto Vallum to find D'cay waiting......

@ obsession...it probably could. Hellspheres range is 1.5 screens. Interesting idea there Ob.

Silearth amazing findings! How come only glads get DS! And luring a dragon with DS...great way of luring him into a trap. And I've never actually considered how this would work on flying creatures, though I'm sher they'd react the same way no?

:whistle:

gogo

If someone had entered my game and portaled to Porto Vallum to find D'cay waiting......

AFAIK this doesn't happen. My BM wasn't able to take on D'Cay, so I ran back to Khorad Nur. D'Cay ended up outside the door. I left the game, and when I came back and checked, D'Cay was back to her old position.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FrostElfTwin
If someone had entered my game and portaled to Porto Vallum to find D'cay waiting......

AFAIK this doesn't happen. My BM wasn't able to take on D'Cay, so I ran back to Khorad Nur. D'Cay ended up outside the door. I left the game, and when I came back and checked, D'Cay was back to her old position.

re: D'Cay reset position. Not a surprise. (in my best Dalek voice:) Return to base! Return to base!

Flameskin has range=melee.

Far Sight works on ranged items.

For the BM: Fireball, GoW, IS, Lightning (Chain) seem like the candidate spells.

For a Daemon Hell Sphere seems reasonable... though it targets only sprites near the caster.

For the Glad, Dagger Stare has been proved to increase.

For a WE, would it increase the range of Penetrating Arrow? Or the splash of Exploding Arrow (stretching there).

For DE--no ranged area of effects.

For Vamp: increase range for Blood Kiss maybe?

For Seraphim: increase range for lightning?

For Dwarf: increase range for Dwarven Steel? (or is it melee range only?---in which case it would be bad for Ranged Dwarves)

Discussion? Test results?

DS is currently at 205 and far sight is 765 I think. Does it make sense to go much farther on the FS? I am still not happy with my range on DS. I got a better reaction when casting it on Schot's BM. Back then my DS was 175 and his FS, while impressive at the time, was pretty far from my 765 IIRC.

Will have to ponder this.

Anyway I'd certainly like to do the group DS thing. I have played a couple times over the last week, but I'm thinking of fighting the region Boss in the Spider desert tonight--that's the HC plat servers.

I doubt that Far sight will have any impact on BM's spell range.

Fireball, shards, GoW will hit enemies that you can't see anyway. As long as the enemies are there these spells hit, esp. fireball.

LS is probably the only spell that Far Sight might have an impact on. But for LS you must target a visible enemy, so how can you test that possiblity?

My point is, the reason y these spells seem to hit further with Far sight is not because of spell range, but the effect of Far sight has on enemy spawning.

• 5 months later...

re: Far Sight and the Dark Elf

What about Pak Dain? Would it increase the range of returned arrows/bolts?

On second thought, I'm guessing not. Since the enemy needs to aim at the player character, and I bet enormous Far Sight on your part doesn't increase their threat range. That is, they won't start firing at your from 2 screens away. They won't even know you're there unless you can damage them at the same time as spawning them.

BD does sound like it should be improved with greater FS.

However, I found (without improving FS) that if I got too far away the discs disappear. As in, if they got off-screen they were gone.

Note: BD starts with the char, so isn't a true Area of Effect effect like DS.

In the end, I suspect DS is the combat art that benefits most from FS.

• 1 month later...

Far Sight (FS) works with Hell Sphere (HS) too. Since FS extends your extends your perception of enemies further out and thus puts you in 'battle mode' sooner as you near enemies. HS works only when you're in battle mode so more FS means longer range for your HS