Ike [D.a.r.k.] vs. TERMINATOR [TURKIYE]

Ike

Well, this is a story and a half. One of my unfulfilled goals when I left oGame in January was moon destruction. Back then I sent 10 RIPs at a small (5656) moon, and despite the 79% chance, the moon survived, although the RIPs perished in the attempt, with a 37% chance. :)

Before I left, TERMINATOR was HAMZAHAN. I had noticed his small moon (4XXX) close to my two G1 moons, and his large(er than mine) fleet. I proposed to Beowulf that when he got his G1 moon, I could send my RIPs to take out HAMZAHAN's moon while Beowulf's fleet kept HAMZAHAN's away. At the time, this was HAMZAHAN's only moon. However, Beowulf, despite numerous attempts, never got that G1 moon. :( So I settled for the attempt (disasterous) on Koris instead. :4rofl:

Since I left, HAMZAHAN became TERMINATOR, and he got another moon in G2 (gated). The one in G2 is 8XXX, but conveniently close to both Beowulf and me. When Beowulf told me he was going to try to take out TERMINATOR, I volunterred to do recon. This was with my 'new' account started in March. So I dumped a colony and started probing every hour or two . . . for three days.

I finally saw his fleet and got a 5 minute window on its departure. We watched the DFs in the SS, but no disappearances. I missed the return and left a 5-hour window when his fleet returned . . . 4 days later. I did more calculations and kept probing. Four days later, back came his fleet and again I got a 5 minute window on it. This time I calculated the time to reach every DF within 8 SS, complete with a chart of which were visible, which invisible, which could be made visible, etc. I found it a little starange, however, that he would FS out of his SS with RIPs, as the deuterium cost would triple and he did not seem to be using all that much. I suspected he may be recalling, as he tended to come online about two days into the FS.

No disappearances of note, but I caught his fleet on the ground againa nd calculated the deuterium costs and determined that he was, in fact, doing a moon->DF FS in his SS, which he was recalling. This only left three realistic possibilities. 1) moon destruction; 2) guess his recall time based on when he came online; 3) have Beowulf deploy in his SS and try to catch him napping, as TERMINATOR tended to send cruisers and deuterium from all of his planets and log off, sometimes leaving his fleett on the ground for a couple of hours, often seemingly unattended.

When Aurora offered me my old account back, I jumped at the chance. Not only did it have a phalanx that covered all of TERMINATOR's planets, including the one in G2, but I could hit TERMINATOR's moon with RIPs. So as soon as I took over the account, I started building. I built two RIPs, level 1-4 missile silos on one G1 planet and a level 5 on the other, level 1-7 shipyards on one G1 planet, 500 recs, lots of IPMs, and some other assorted buildings.

I got a window on TERMINATOR's fleet and after midnight (his time) a day later, I launched the first RIP, to arrive ~10 hours later. Unfortunately, TERMINATOR came online an hour later. :( My first built RIP was not going to come online for another 12 hours, which gave me at most 2 attempts before his fleet returned. If his fleet got back to a moon, he could simply send his fleet moon to moon to G2, and I wouldn't dare try to hit his moon for fear of being :D ed.

The first attack:

Your fleet from Moon Final Straw (Moon) [1:276:5] arrived at the moon of the planet on [1:283:9] of . The structure of the moon was not sufficiently weakened, and the fleet is returning to its home planet.

Moon destruction chance: 32%, DS destruction chance: 34%

Not a good start, although at least I didn't lose the RIP. So I sent the second RIP as soon as it was built and moved.

The second attack:

Your fleet from planet ByeBye 2 your (Moon) [1:276:5] arrived the moon of the planet on [1:283:9] of . The weapons of the deathstar fire an alternating graviton shock at the moon, building up to a massive quake and finally tearing the satellite apart. All buildings on the moon were destroyed. A complete success! The fleet is returning to its home planet.

Moon destruction chance: 32% DS destruction chance: 34%

I changed the name of my moon for the occasion, and apparently that worked! ;)

before_md.gif

after_md.gif

Buildings

Robotics Factory 6 Lunar Base 6

Sensor Phalanx 6 Jump Gate 1

Unfortunately, TERMINATOR's fleet was only 3:20:00 from returning, and in order to hit it, Beowulf would not be able to use his destroyers, and thus seriously reducing his profits. Plus, the deuterium costs would skyrocket, and recs would be a problem. So we decided to wait and see what TERMINATOR did. With luck, there will be an update to this story . . . :P

how big that moon was?

4690 I think. It was but a little moon. I don't think he'll even miss it. :D

@ Myles . . . Moons are pretty difficult to get. They can only form when the debris from a battle is at least 100,000 units of metal/crystal. The chance is 1% per 100,000 of debris from a single battle, with the possibility never going above 20%. One popular way of getting a 20% chance is to crash 1667 LF, which costs 6,668,000 in res (5,001,000 metal and 1,667,000 crystal). Figure that on average you have to crash that many ships 5 times in order to get a moon (33,340,000 in res), although some people crash many more than that without success. Of course, if things are planned, you can assume that you will get approximately 2,000,000 res back from the DF (even if a moon is formed the DF remains) on each attempt.

The only way to destroy a moon is with Deathstars (RIPs). The most difficult ship to acquire, the technology requirements alone are a little staggering. The most difficult requires you to build 5700+ solar satelites (depending on the planet slot), which -- assuming no one crashes them in the meantime -- cost a minimum of 11,320,000 crystal and 2,830,000 deuterium. In addition, the RIPs cost 5,000,000 metal, 4,000,000 crystal, and 1,000,000 deuterium a piece and take ~ 6 days to build with a level 12 Shipyard and level 1 Nanite factory.

Finally, once you have the RIP(s), depending on the size of the moon, there is a ~30-45% the RIPs, and any accompanying fleet, will be destroyed (whether or not you destroy the moon), and that only if the RIP(s) are successful in defeating any fleets/defenses on the moon. The chance of destroying a moon depends on size of the moon and number of RIPs. Ranging from around a 5.7% chance by one RIP against the largest moons, to ~37% for a single RIP against the smallest moons -- or 99.9% using a lot of RIPs against a small-medium moon (8+ RIPs).

When TERMINATOR lost his moon, he also lost the buildings on it, including a jump gate (2Metal: 2,000,000 Crystal: 4,000,000 Deuterium 2,000,000), a level 6 sensor phalanx and level 6 lunar base (each costing about Metal: 2.560.000 Crystal: 5.120.000 Deuterium: 2.560.000), and a level 6 Robotics Factory (another 51,200 metal, 7,680 crystal, and 25,600 deuterium).

So all-in-all he lost about 27,000,000 plus the cost to recreate the moon itself. :viking:

Ike...amazing man...

Best ogame read I've had in a long time.

Spreadsheeting a guy's potential fs's for eight ss's?

:bow:

Maybe you should work for the rl military!

Gratz on the destruction...I love reading what the game has to say.

Satisfying?

^^

:D

gogo

It was a good feeling when that moon disappeared. I could hardly believe it. Another good feeling was hitting his fleet on the deploy->recall. I was seriously worried, and Ben had to send his whole fleet 5+ hours from another Galaxy for ~18MM deuterium. If I screwed up, and it was all me watching the phalanx, he would have seriously wasted some res and possibly our last opportunity. If TERMINATOR had been smart, he would have sent 5 separate fleets a dozen seconds a part.

Here is the 7 SS map . . . :D

TERMINATOR.gif