Trimmed Textures advice, yes or no?

No bugs, no issues.

My laptop is just slow enough to not run much beside D3 or Sacred 2, which is enough for my student self among some strategy games. 

However... before the patch and addendum, the game would frequently lag. Badly enough to not complete quests in the cities, since they cause it. (Specifically, the ground. Invinsible triangles and the like. Textures would just dis- and reappear.) This issue is thankfully gone.

But, well. I read the texture pack could cause lag, worst of all in the cities. Installing it seems inprudent, but maybe I'm wrong? Are these issues directly related?

The only reason I'm *very* concerned, is that I once installed Sacred 2 on my dad's gaming PC (which can run Shadow of War and every Assassin's Creed on max. resolution)... and the lag was so bad I had to delete a character. It actually crashed the game, which does not happen on my laptop. But...  while small triangles glitch out for me, this toon had building sized chunks disappear. Not just the floor. Everything. Might I accidentally reinstall this issue? Is there a way I can install parts of the mod, but not everything?

I'd love to hear your input, even if you're not 100% sure or something. 

Sort of edit: I`ve read trimmed textures should fix the issues found in the original, which lead to the errors. Should I install it on my rather slow device? Is it enough to disable a mod in generic mod manager if problems arise? 

14 minutes ago, Sign said:

Should I install it on my rather slow device? Is it enough to disable a mod in generic mod manager if problems arise? 

You might as well try them.  All you have to do is remove the zip files from your pak folder if performance suffers.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

You might as well try them.  All you have to do is remove the zip files from your pak folder if performance suffers.

Okay, thank you! I'll try it and see how it goes.