Sacred Underworld -> Spider Queen Build!

Not exactly a guide/build, but I thought I'd share with you my experiences of a Spider Arrow/Multi Shot WE...

CAs:

Obviously, just Spider Arrow & Multi-Shot.

Spider Arrow:

Spider Arrow always hits & it summon's 3+ spiders at the point of impact. The spiders then attack the monster their arrow hit - if the monster was stationary, then they all hit it, if it's moving, they run/jump after it, then hit it... The higher level your Spider Arrow, the higher level the spiders are, but the spider level is capped at your level, and as with all other summoning spells, the max spider level is five times the CA level. The spiders start out doing ~20 damage, but by level 45 they do ~150-200 or so, plus they seem to do critical hits, but I don't think it's based on your own Crit % chance. Also, since you aren't damaging monsters, you won't leach anything, but since the monsters will be busy trying to kill off the spiders, they shouldn't bother you too much. Spiders also live a few seconds after they've kiled their target, this gives them more time to find another one, which helps dealing with mobs.

Spiders are not good against monsters with Area of Effect attacks, or the ability to heal themselves (like Lexy in the Hero Cave).

Multi Shot:

You all know this CA. As it's the spiders that do the damage, not the bow, MS won't decrease the spiders damage! So using MS, you can get ~5-6 times more damage from your SA! You'll want to have MS as low level as possible while still getting a decent number of arrows.

Skills:

Concentration - max. This is the only skill that affects SA, so keep it maxxed out at all times to keep SA's regen time down.

Constitution - as high as you want.

Armour - as high as you want.

The rest are pretty much up to you. I chose Trading, Agility, Riding & Ranged Combat (for the attack speed, but I don't think that really affects SA much either).

Some pics:

A dragon being munched to death:

Hero Cave:

Grizzly:

Antarius:

Ballock:

SDraken:

So weapon lore is no use when using spider arrow? Will the damage ever get much higher than 200 or so? Just thinking as it must be awfull CA to use let's say in Plat, as you create such a lag by creating thousands of spiders. And what' the point of reading more and more SA if the damage is capped?

Just add Companion of the woods and you got yourself a pure summoner WE :D

Definitely an interesting build, though I wonder if any mods like +damage effect the spiders at all. It does not seem so, and I also wonder how this CA could have any sort of killing power once you hit Platinum or higher.

I don't think it actually causes MP lag, as my ping wasn't changing much while I was killing Ballock/Antarius, though my FPS dropped to ~7.

I don't think SA is likely to have much use in the higher difficulties. The pics in the first post were done in Silver.

The damage per hit does slowly increase each level & they can do critical hits, which is nice.

I can think of a few things that Ascaron could do to improve the effectiveness of SA- such as removing the level cap & making the damage they do non-resistable (like BFG was).

does the number of spiders increase with every level? or with a set number of level? And this hasn't been tested anywhere I know so far, so keep up Llama!

Sylph

You start off with 3 (IIRC) @ level 1, I've currently got level 13 & have 5 Spiders per arrow. Not sure when it hits 6 Spiders.

Edit: I've not worked out what damage-type they do, I think it might be poison, but since they do so little damage, the target's resists are kinda irrelevant

Freaky Build!

Lol, I want my own spidey build too!

I've never actually seen anyone work with the Spider Combat Arts before. You'd think with a name like that and such a cool idea it would be more popular. I now the pics were takin in niobium but if it was really tweaked can this build hold out in niobium?

Nice work

:whistle:

gogo

It's really hard even to reach Plat with Spider Arrow only.

I once had such an Elve (played her up to 74).. she was really funny. Every single Kill made me burst in Laughs, as hundrets of those tiny Itsy Bitsies jumped around wildly and killed Orcs, Dragons, Golems etc :)

But as further you get, it takes more Time to kill even just one Enemy.

Unfortunately, Crit, +x to "x"Damage and all that Stuff doesn't affect the Spiders.

So their Damage is just to be increased per Level.. means, you get a Levelup, they do sligtly more Damage. But then again, the Enemies get stronger and have more Resistences..

To be logical, this is greatly senseless.

But to be honest, it's damn Fun :whistle:

Oh nice one Llama. Looks like a very fun challenge. :P

There are some Combat Arts in the game that simply require a bit of extra attention in order to make them effective and SA sounds like one of them. It's been a looong time since I've seen SA. Looks like a ton of fun to use!

I'm very curious as to what you will do with it Llama. Best of luck! :)

• 3 years later...

Hmm, interesting. Lots of little buggers that devour everything in sight? Sounds twisted and cruel :evil: Im in! Tho mabye some modifications. Mabye use CotA as backup, QaaF 4 spped, recuperation 4 heal and tranformation for Escaping meele? Sounds like Blizzard or Lloraneth set. Lloranet 4 fear animal or blizzard 4 ice dmg and +spells? I think blizzard wud still be better. And chrysopras of blood moons would pay off too. And 4 wep ettol bow? A bit to hel your little friends wouldnt be bad eh? And I think spiders are affected by charisma mabye? They do poison dmg, I think so +poison dmg/charisma could help.Gotta test this all.

Edited by Voidstriker

I'd forgotten about this build. There were some pretty imaginative Combat Arts and item mods from the original.

Plenty creative

:)

gogo

Yes, it is a shame that the quirkiness was lost with Sacred 2. It was those quirky, thinking out of the box bits that really made Sacred so great. I remember in multiplayer asking what another player was using and being told some really wierd builds. When I enquired if they work, I was often told no, but it is great fun trying! I remember my "Wee Jock" build with great fondness, a dwarf build concentrating on completely weaponless combat. It sounded unplayable and took 3 times as long to kill anything, but did succeed in punching even dragons to death ........ eventually!

Or my friend's "Kangaroo build", a gladiator without weapons that only used the 'Stomping Jump' CA. I got killed so many times through being helpless with laughter watching him play that one while singing "Skippy, Skippy, Skippy the bush kangarooooooo"

We seem to have lost that to a great extent, concentrating on trying to find fast and efficient killing machines. I see very few examples of interestingly different (as in strange, wierd and fun to play for their own sake) builds anymore.

Edited by podgie_bear

Talking about wierd builds. How' bout the undead army vamp? With a little twist ofc. Undead bunnies, spiders, dragons, sakkara demons, anducar mabye? And the chrysopras of blood moons could again pay off. Army of bears, deer and birds? Its and Underworld circus id say:P Thos 4 me, when I try "the general" build,the minions still disappear:S

Talking about wierd builds. How' bout the undead army vamp?

I loved that one...I think one of the members here made a MASSIVE build called the Undead General or something? Have you ever seen it? The video was just awesome...loved the song.

:)

gogo

• 8 years later...

I have been playing Sacred consistently since it's release in SP, but I just now got into trying the Wood Elf and was playing around with Spider Arrow out of curiosity and after a short while I was not only laughing my head off watching the effects of the spiders and their prey, I started crying from all the laughter.  It was toxically hilarious and I found myself literally ROTFLMAO, worried my character would die because I couldn't stop laughing so hard. It's so fun to even now find something so entertaining in this wonderful game. 

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Moties Rule said:

I have been playing Sacred consistently since it's release in SP, but I just now got into trying the Wood Elf and was playing around with Spider Arrow out of curiosity and after a short while I was not only laughing my head off watching the effects of the spiders and their prey, I started crying from all the laughter.  It was toxically hilarious and I found myself literally ROTFLMAO, worried my character would die because I couldn't stop laughing so hard. It's so fun to even now find something so entertaining in this wonderful game. 

Oh Man, I've just always wanted to get my hands on that spider build... I've seen video of it just swarming targets...insane!

This game, even after more than ten years ia a blessing

:lol:

gogo