Increase character movement speed in Sacred 2

lolbomb

Hello Darkmatters Forum!

As this is my first time posting here, please excuse my limited knowledge on the customs on here. I just thought someone might be able to help me out. Feel free to give me tips on what I should include when posting here, etc.

Anyways, to my question/problem:

I would like to increase the character speed of the character I'm playing with in Sacred 2. I did some research and found this thread where people already gave an answer to what I'm looking for. I edited my creatureinfo.txt file accordingly (I think so at least), but my character doesn't seem to run as fast as it should regarding the standard speed that's set in the vanilla creatureinto.txt file. I do think that my character runs faster (probably faster than a mount) but I wanted it way faster than that. Is there a cap to the speed or is there something I might have done wrong? 

Any answers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks! 1

Hello and welcome.

There is a game-wide speed cap in balance.txt.  Probably you just hit the cap.

Open balance.txt and find the line that says "SpeedMax" and increase the value. 

Default is 1500, or 150%.  I use 4500 in my mods, which is 450%.

• Thanks! 1
  • The title was changed to Increase character movement speed in Sacred 2

Thanks for the quick answer!

I've tried changing this value to some really high values but it doesn't seem to change anything.
For perspective: My balance.txt SpeedMax is now at 750000 and my creatureinfo.txt runSpeed is at 10900. I changed the Seraphim runSpeed in creatureinfo.txt.

• Appreciation 1
On 12/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, lolbomb said:

Hello Darkmatters Forum!

As this is my first time posting here, please excuse my limited knowledge on the customs on here. I just thought someone might be able to help me out. Feel free to give me tips on what I should include when posting here, etc.

Anyways, to my question/problem:

I would like to increase the character speed of the character I'm playing with in Sacred 2. I did some research and found this thread where people already gave an answer to what I'm looking for. I edited my creatureinfo.txt file accordingly (I think so at least), but my character doesn't seem to run as fast as it should regarding the standard speed that's set in the vanilla creatureinto.txt file. I do think that my character runs faster (probably faster than a mount) but I wanted it way faster than that. Is there a cap to the speed or is there something I might have done wrong? 

Any answers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

We're happy to meet up friend lolbomb!

Welcome to DarkMatters!!

:JC_rimshot:

gogo

• Like! 1