Schot's Infernal Voodoo Rider!

So I've been toying around with my BM lately and stumbled upon a very fun little fireballing strategy. I've been doing quite a bit of rune farming of late and in doing so I really got to see the benefits of riding a horse with a BM. Of the few that I noticed one of them really sticks out. The fact that you can cast your CA without having to stop. I've known this to be for a long time now but I never explored what could be done with it.

A long time passed since I've thought about the benefits of a BM on horseback but it came back into play while doing a bit of testing with gogo yesterday. After reading Silearths response in the Isle of Thoughts I thought I would try the fireball test regarding Far Sight. Things weren't going so well and I even had gogo do a bit of confirmation with me. More on that later... Eventually I needed to prove that my fireballs were not fizzling out with possibly having a short life span. So I got onto my horse, let loose a fireball and followed it. For a loooong time. It's life span was perfect and that's all I really needed to know with that regard, case closed. Eventually the fireball smashed into a tree and it was almost as though, at that moment, this paragraphs idea and the idea in the above paragraph had smashed together into a sintered mass of roiling heat. I just waited there a while and let my imagination go...

The Galloping Infernal

A couple things to note here is:
  • 1 Voodoo Doll
  • a level 35 Fireball CA
  • a level 221 Flameskin CA
  • Byleths full set burning bone
  • I'm using a level 137 BM
  • he is playing on an empty Plat server
  • he has about 350% "wounds increase damage dealt"
  • the horse gives my BM an extra 6000 in health
  • my BM's max health is 30471 on horseback
  • in the video my health is between 1000-5000 during the ride
  • most of the time I am using Flameskin to shield me from possible harm.
  • Flameskin is doing average 60,000 damage
Now there's one more ingredient to add that I'm afraid can't be found in the game and is really the only reason why I did this... A rapid fire button! You'll definitely need one of those because otherwise that would be an awful lot of clicking. You're sure to cramp up if you try and do that manually, lol. My keyboard is a Saitek keyboard which comes with the option of making your own macros. So if you can make a rapidfire button then I strongly suggest you give this lil idea a go. It is massively fun. :D

Now... Where did I leave the Fads axe... :evil:

Fantastic...man where do you come up with these crazy ideas! This is like you runnin along with a crazy wall of fire...Kaboom!

Lol, though I must admit that sitting over your shoulder and seeing that red flash go off so often and your life bar so low...

you and widd...

:rolleyes:

gogo

Schot your video's never fail to bring a massive grin to my face!..Brilliant this one also had me oooh ooh when your health was flashing! and all those fire balls haha BBQ time ...Also it's added to the index :P

Cheers you :P

Hum, I already wrote it in GSF, but why not again. That Vid is worth it :P

Whahaha. Dude, that Video made me laugh all the Time.

This was so nice an funny to view. As always, good Job Schot :P

You used lots of WIDD again (or still the same?), did you? Your Health didn't look that good most of the Time :P

But Hell, that was a furious Run :):D

Hahaha. Oh this was an insanely fun thing to try with the BM. You guys gotta try it! :D Thank yees for the thumbs up everyone! I can't wait to try out this technique some more. Definitely has to be done in wide open spaces.

oh and, lol. Thank you for taking away my rotten babelfish PowerPyx! I'm sorry! :4rofl:

Now I must go to the german community and make an official apology for the trauma I caused with my terrible babelfishies german speak. :D

this is very similar what wood-elf can do whit thorn bush. She can ride and cast whitout stopping. Just there is a difference that her thorn bushes will be too slow to keep up whit the horse so they damage all the creatures running in line behind her.

Cool video, nice to watch. Must be scary to play tho.. if you stop, you die. And if you get few hits, you die. Still, it's fun to be on the edge

always making amazing builds better schot! awesome experiment and now I have a way to tell how low my health should be when I play my own widd builds :4rofl: but it looks like it was a lot of fun and I agree my finger would get tired cause I dont have that special keyboard

haha~ Had to watch this twice! :twitch:

The first time I was more concerned about your life and wanting to hit the spacebar for you!! :4rofl:

Thats awesome!

Oh believe me. The space bar was half way down the whole time, lol. I was pretty sure I was gonna be ok but you can never be certain, haha. I would not want to do that with lag in the game! The Voodoo doll was whisking away my health so fast but I had to use it becasue without it my fireballs would have been only level 12 and they're slow at that level.

So I'm wondering now... What other Combat Arts could do this? I guess the question would be:

What long range attacks do all the classes have that are near the same speed as a fast horse? Wouldn't it be cool if we had a bunch of players on horseback running through the desert, throwing everything they've got to create a MASSIVE wall of death and destruction?

Woohoo! Sounds like fun to me! :oooo:

Woot! Both me and gogo just played an exported version my Infernal Voodoo Rider together! :D Hahahaha. Was veeeery cool seeing us both filling the screen with fireballs! I wanna make a video of a bunch of us playing this char and fill the screen with fireballs! I can supply to anyone that wants to do this with me the exported char.

Any volunteers?!?! We'll play on an open server together provided there is one or that someone can make a plat or gold server. I'm looking at the open server list and there are 3 gold servers and 3 plat servers already started so getting a server shouldn't be a problem.

Oh this would be a blast! Come one come all! :P

Uhm wouldn't wearing full Fads make this build... MAYHEM? :cow_white:

Just imagine 5 ppl with full fads and your build.. Running in a straight line, 'bout 1 inch away from eachother..

Woot! Both me and gogo just played an exported version my Infernal Voodoo Rider together! :D Hahahaha. Was veeeery cool seeing us both filling the screen with fireballs! I wanna make a video of a bunch of us playing this char and fill the screen with fireballs! I can supply to anyone that wants to do this with me the exported char.

Any volunteers?!?! We'll play on an open server together provided there is one or that someone can make a plat or gold server. I'm looking at the open server list and there are 3 gold servers and 3 plat servers already started so getting a server shouldn't be a problem.

Oh this would be a blast! Come one come all! :yay:

Hay this sounds like fun!! :P

I'll give it a shot, so count me in too! :)

Ari...this sounds so experimental....

I''m scared and kinda feel like I'm living that line from The Fly...

Be afraid, be VERY afraid

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...eeeeeeeeeeeeee...

:P

gogo

:P Well thats what makes it sound so interesting! hahaha!

And its not any of my chars so that takes away my fears! Though I would like just a few minutes to get used to him before we start filming. I haven't played a bm before so I will need to get acquainted first !

Edited by Ari'Laftia

Oh sweet! 2 more vict... errr. Volunteers! hahaha. Oh that's fantastic guys. Thanx so much for your bravery, lol. We'll definitely do a little warm up before the actual video capture. It's a wee bit tricky to make him work just right so 10 or 15 mins of getting to know him is a great idea. Pevil has also volunteered to do this with us. She posted on the SIF version of this topic. :drinks:

I'll do a bit of tweaking to the character then prep him for the volunteers to download then set a time for some uber fun. :)

Please Sign In or Sign Up