Sacred Guide: ORLA

NOTE: I havent tested it in this form, but I think It could work well. If any1 test it, give me a response.

Skills:

- Weapon Lore (normal weapon dmg, mainly

- Magic lore

- Heavenly Magic

- Constitution

- Parry

- Long Handled Weapon Lore

- Armour

- Concentration

Equips:

- Thunder and linghting sets, ORLA ofc. Main tip for slotting is to use many ORLA's rings, for "spliting".

Why Thunder and lightning? It gives experience and drain bonus. It have decent resistance.

- Horse. Since this build is quite dangerous, it is good to have extra % for HP. I found one with 40% Hp bonus. It is worth it.

Combat skills:

Since we are using horse, we can use only one combat skill. :) (But it is worth having, since it is hard to "breed" ORLA's lightings on one enemy). Keep it at high level for one hit KO.

Magics:

- Dancing Blades, Power of Faith(attack bonus), and arrow deflecting spell (dunno the name, sry), and our most important one - Celestial light. It will breed hits for ORLA. Keep it at low level (faster reg - more lights) or a bit higher (more dmg from lights themselves). Aura spells should go for 120s duration time.

Fight:

Chose enemies which group up (patrols and such) or "mob" enemies before attacking. This build doesnt work well for enemies with high resistance (since ORLA lightings arent high dmg). Spam Celestial (More hits). Use "combat skills" for ending up the fight.

Post the actual names of the spells, so I can edit them up :oooo:. And as above, give me expresion of the build (hope any1 will try it one, or I'll do it myself >:P.

Must admit, this idea has bring me up a new idea for a build. Not seraphim build tho, but still..

But overall, Orla is so much overkill that I bet you won't be needing magic or melee support for it. In theory you could have lvl1 rbol and CL and just run into mobs and orlas would blast them away in seconds. Ones made hybrid WE using orlas and I must say, most damage comes from those bolts and they kill fast.

Is this the Orla's that makes all those bolts go flying around? lol, I think somoene was using this orla's build once when I was playing and I had to leave that server ( in fact some others did as well too and joined me on a four player) because of all the ctd's everyone was getting and huge server lag evern if they weren't partied.

Is this the same build we're talking about here?

If it is I'm not judging, just wanting to know if this build has other repercussions as well in an mp environment.

:4rofl:

gogo

Is this the Orla's that makes all those bolts go flying around? lol, I think somoene was using this orla's build once when I was playing and I had to leave that server ( in fact some others did as well too and joined me on a four player) because of all the ctd's everyone was getting and huge server lag evern if they weren't partied.

Is this the same build we're talking about here?

If it is I'm not judging, just wanting to know if this build has other repercussions as well in an mp environment perhaps.

:blush:

gogo

yup thats the one, heck it even caused lag for me..

In SP!!

~Doom

P.S. UFO

About lag thing. I dont think it makes as much lag as "lagging" the spawn. Even if it does, most ppl doesnt feel them at all. (I'm not talking about ppl having 3205238682362191241295192 spywares and trojans on they PC's - they always lag, ORLA just make them feel it :bow:). They only problem is, that it uses a lot of CPU, coz of high res sprites of sparks... If I only knew way to turn them off... ;(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :4rofl:

The Lag issue:

Orla creates huge lag. Thats for sure. The amount of lag is based on several factors.

#1, How many people are on the server and what stuff they use.

If there are (lets say) 4 more ppl on and no one is using other lag making devices (Orla, Fad, ICONS, Chance to drop gold, spider arrows .etc) the lag isnt unbearable.

#2, The type of monsters you are against and the difficulty of the server.

If you are against non magic resistant creatures with lower hit points (lower difficulty) Orla could make short work on them - so not much lag. But if they have more HP or they resists magic damage Lag will start accumulating.

#3, How many split you have.

This is one of the most important factors. Since almost everyone uses split no one likes to accept the fact that split IS the biggest Lag creator in game. Combine split with Orla and huge lag is guaranteed.

How orla works:

Orla gives a % amount to trigger its sparks (the % raises with each difficulty). Each time you damage the enemy (with any means) you have a chance to release some sparks. The most diabolical thing in Orla is the fact that its own sparks can trigger newer volley of sparks :4rofl:

The more sparks are needed to drawn on the screen the more the lag would be. High split and enemy resistance (+high hp) increases the time thoose sparks are on the screen so increasing lag even more.

No matter an ORLA build could be funny - FOR A SHORT TIME. IMHO later it turns deadly boring + its very easy to build a char based on Orla or fad.

back to your ideas:

Overall its pretty good but I will forget parry and take riding instead. Parry isnt too useful for a LHW seraphim - the defense it provides are too small IMHO. Riding (with 25 point) enables you to use the Heavy War Horse what is the best thing for a mounted char. The HP bonus you gain from that clearly overweights the puny defense bonus parry could provide :hugs:

Thanks for the advice Perg, I'm going to try something close to this build.

I never really use a set of rules to make a character but I think I'll be making my sexy Seraphim kinda close to how this goes, I'll post and say how she's going in a few days or so.

Got her to like L17 so far, not much I know...it's pretty slow leveling and fairly difficult, I think she'll improve when I get out of the cheapo gear and start finding semi useful items.

Alot of builds seem terrible to start but really blossom in mid levels, like L50 or so where some start fast and strong then slowly go downhill, I think this one is a slow starter. :4rofl:

Well, back to my seraphim! :P

Good luck with the build Viruk. Are you still playing sp or mp now? If you're on mp, be careful of the effects of this build on friends playing with you. Quick way to all of a sudden see a lot of them make way for other servers is the lag gets bad as orla's spears will always do...SPECIALLY with splitting.

Cheers!

:D

gogo

Good luck with the build Viruk. Are you still playing sp or mp now? If you're on mp, be careful of the effects of this build on friends playing with you. Quick way to all of a sudden see a lot of them make way for other servers is the lag gets bad as orla's spears will always do...SPECIALLY with splitting.

Cheers!

:woot:

gogo

I've always played MP, just SC with a friend, I've never really went public before or made a HC character over like L10, lol, I'll definetly get around to it but I want to be sure with all my SC chars first. :o

I read about the lag problems, I hope it doesn't affect us too much, there's usually only 2...sometimes 3 of us on a server so with luck the affect won't be too nasty, we'll see though.

My seraphim so far is going decently, pretty slow but I did restart to start her off a different way to help leveling her, I'm L20, running around the desert smacking orc mobs as usual, it's fun.

Orla is Fun :o

I personally don't care, whether it causes Lags or not. As Peeps with Icons+Full Fad+overspawning are tolerated, they gotta tolerate me as well :D (that Point is for the German Lobby ^^)

The Rumours, that Orla Players kill Others are Rubbish, as it has been proven million times, that it can happen on One-Man-Servers and even in SP, too.

So.. just go for it and have Fun :woot:

Edited by Therion X
Hey Viruk, if yer in SC open, then show up at our server we're running called www.darkmatters.org

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...ic=5140&hl=

we're running tests to see how many peeps are good for partying with etc and it's always fun meeting more peeps.

Cheers!

:o

gogo

I've always played in Closed internet, mainly because I heard there's alot of cheating in Open, never seen it myself but heard lots of stories.

I guess I've always been kind of a private person, prefer small communities and stuff, I'm still working away at this Seraphim build and it's alot of hard work, my Dwarf and Dark Elves used to fly along at lower levels, this character is a struggle but I'm moving along.

I'm just about to hit L30, and still struggling with gear, using scraps that I find along the way and cheapo purchased stuff, found 2 set items so far which isn't too bad but really need to start building up her gear.

It's a struggle but I can see her potential and I'm sure once I get to L50-60 she'll be really good and start to come into her own.

Just alot of grunt work in the desert to get there...hurrah!

At least I have something nice to look at, she's cute. :woot:

Ok, I'm L40 and getting more and more frustrated with her lack of speed :(

I'm sure she'll get better with better gear but it's just trying to level her that's making me insane! :Just_Cuz_21:

I'm still using basic gear, only found 2 sets so far, a set of Urial boots and Thunder gauntlets, the rest I'm pretty much just using scrap that I find, really not having luck with drops either!

Wow, I'm posting my first bitch...lol

I'll keep working with her, I can't wait until she grows up and stops being so slow, I can see the potential in her but it's just getting up there that's being difficult.

I need something to keep me sane while slowly going round and round the desert, maybe I should catch up on some sleep that I've not had the past few weeks since I discovered Sacred. :sigh:

Ah well.

Keep up with it. You've done builds before in d2 so you know how, at a certain point, they "bloom" You've still got a few levels more to go till fifty and then you get your final choice of skills. From then on, if she's built well, you'll only get faster and faster. Stick tough till 75 to 85 then watch your damage shine.

cheers

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Eh, I didn't play D2 online much, I didn't like the game at all, lol

Strange that I like Sacred so much since there are so many similarities too. Only reason I even played D2 was because a cute girl made me. :sigh:

I'm going to keep struggling on, but not tonight!...tonight I shall sleep and not to go bed at some really nasty time in the middle of the night. hehe

I know she'll get better, once her attack speed improves and once all the gear I found on my dwarf and kept on my mule kicks in at anywhere between L50 and L95. I have a pile of stuff of different levels that I'll use when I get there. :(

When I get my fully fitted out Orla spear and a few worthwhile pieces of armor, instead of the junk I'm using, she'll fly.

I think my next build will be a dual wielding sword using Seraphim, but not till I get this one built up until at least Platinum, I was impressed with my Dark Elf back when I used him so maybe a Seraphim in a similar mould would work good, I'll throw something together in the future. :)

I was pretty interested in your WiDD build, tempted to try that even if I am still fairly new, I'm tempted to give it a shot.

Also tempted to try an Ebolt user, they are fun to play with...hehe. :Just_Cuz_21:

Anyway, to bed!

Ok, I decided, this character totally rocks now.

After struggling to L45, I was getting pretty annoyed and a bit stuck finding junk gear and the only set items I'd find were not for my class or fairly useless to me but since L45...I've been flying, leveling like a maniac, it took around 2 hours of hunting to get from L50ish to L74 that I'm at now, so my cute little Seraphim is really starting to bloom now.

Oh, I've heard alot of people say Seraphim are "supermodels" well, I have proof!

Only someone as stupid as a supermodel couldn't work out how to put their angel wings on. :4rofl:

4tptiq1.jpg

Nice work Viruk. Glad to see you're happy with the build. The cool thing about the orla's is that it's got that amazing poison damage. Great for votting with. May I ask where you're levelling her up? And are you in softcore or Hardcore.

gogo

Nice work Viruk. Glad to see you're happy with the build. The cool thing about the orla's is that it's got that amazing poison damage. Great for votting with. May I ask where you're levelling her up? And are you in softcore or Hardcore.

gogo

Still SC, I wasn't so sure of the build and with all the talk about Orla lag I wasn't sure if I'd want the build but after one hell of a struggle getting her up to where she is, I'm glad of some time of free and easy hunting, hehe.

When I was on Silver, I used to take alot of time killing the orc champions in the orc cave where I spent most of my time, when I got some halfway decent armor and my fully fitted Orla spear I dragged my butt to the bear cave and spent time camping there, went all the way from around 47 to around 74 in only a little time.

I've just moved up to Gold, I don't like spending time in a difficulty past when I should, the gear isn't as nice and the experience sucks when hunting lower than we should, since I moved to Gold I've not really hunted yet, I'll probably try my hand at the Orc cave first then move up as I get more confident where I hunt.

Safer, start low and move up. :)

I'm sure I haven't found all the good hunting places yet but I will, most of my time I spend in the Desert, Orc cave or Bear cave on all of my characters.

I've looked at some of the forums, mainly the Sacred one and this Darkmatters one for info and Wolfe's lair website, that has alot of good info too so at least I'm not short of places to look if I'm a bit stuck.

I'm still having trouble trying to find higher level Orla stuff, I guess I'm just too used to my Greed trader dwarf finding so much of everything instead of my Seraphim who doesn't really have much in the way of gear finding ability. :4rofl:

My plan is to get Arryn (My seraphim) up to L95 and then go hunting on the ole Dwarfy for gear, I have a friend I play with so I can transfer items easy enough, usually Orla stuff is fairly common so with luck I can update that also after looking at all the Seraphim sets I've decided to go with the Talia-Mel set, the 10% Divine damage for wearing the whole set really looks good for me, especally with all the damage Orla gives.

Anyway, I babble way too much in my posts, heh...probably cause I post when I'm so tired.

Only someone as stupid as a supermodel couldn't work out how to put their angel wings on.

ahhh Viruk that comment just made me LOL

Gratz with your seraphim I think orla's can be huuuge fun :4rofl:

Dude, heh, I just gotta say your Sacred babbling is awesome. Hey...we're a sacred site...what do you expect? And starting low, aiming high is the way ta go man. Great attitude. Keep us up with how the little wonderbabe is making out. Great that you've got a friend helping you out with the muling. That alone is a godsend and will help you out a lot with the gameplay.

If you're ever in HC make sure to tell us, okay? We're offering a helping hand here with gold, equipment, and runes.

Cheers!

gogo

I do have one question, this Orla spear build is fantastic when surrounded but she is pretty weak when fighting powerful single creatures like Dragons and whatever.

I had a hell of a time trying to kill D'Cay, came close to death many times, hehe.

Any tips on how to kill bigger critters with her?

heh, D'cay's resistances are what's holding you back. We have a monster resistance table here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=5156&st=0

Make sure that the damage you are dealing can take out the dragon or that you have a huge amount of uber damage to overcome any and all resistances.

In this case, D'cay's resistances are poison and physical, so your Orla's spear would have an especially tuff time with her. Try something with damage that is more attuned to her weaknesses and you'll see her go down faster.

Good luck!

:hugs:

gogo

I got to around L90 with this build and frankly, I got bored of it....it's TOO good, lol

There is no challenge, except battling against the lag it causes.

I'm starting a dual sword wielding Seraphim on closed HC, got her to around L20 so far.

Think I'll be mostly melee, not sure if I'll go 100% melee or not yet, I'm only L20 so still time to decide. :)

Hope to catch y'all in the game sometime.