Little things that upset you

Nothing Ticks me off more than Liars, Cheats and Thieves...................

Well tonight Vampie calls me from work to say my truck was broke into. That the stole her smokes and tried to rip out my stereo. Go Figure. Someone thinking they can get a quick buck. If I could I would tell these jerks GET A JOB! there are plenty of them out there GET OFF your lazy but and do so. After I punched their lights out of course.

Well Now I am even more perturbed over this not only did they break into the truck they took off with about a 1000$ worth of tools.

So now its going to make it even harder to fix the mess they cause busting my dash board all to heck.

Edited by EvilMale
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Pointless convenience, that's what upset me today.

Pointless convenience which it turns out is the theme for this bit of the century. The 60s built a society around love, peace and drugs. We're building a society around needing to know which way to drive down the street. And avoiding speeding camera's. And having toothbrushes that tell us how long we've been brushing.

And, as in today's example, mobile phones that have built in TV. Now the last time I tried talking to the TV I was locked up - but more than that, I don't want to watch TV on my phone for the same reason I don't take a pee in the tumble dryer. If you see what I'm saying. And it turns out I pay more for a phone that's just a phone. WHAT? How in the name of sweet baby jackson and all his little oscars did that happen?

Like the 6:15 from Paddington to St Leonards Warrior Square, this is headed no place good. With wireless technology and our perchant for sticking microchips in everything (see: Milenium Bug where toasters had date chips) who knows where we'll be:

"Hi, you're through to Evilsanta's fridge, I'm afraid his answering machine is busy right now talking to the tumble dryer about that funny smell it leaves behind everytime it's turned on. If you speak after the tone, I'll get the magnetic letters his kids use to spell words to line themselves up in a rough approximation of what you say. Try and avoid vowels if you can, we don't seem to have many."

Edited by EvilSanta

Take me anywhere as long as it is nowhere...well concerning eating that is. No matter how hard I try, I always spill something on myself, we had Japanese Teppanyaki for a work lunch and my nice crisp white shirt now has a splattering of teriyaki sauce right where I can't hide it......grrrrr. Maybe I should start wearing brooches :(

[edit] btw I absolutely fell in love with OkonomiyakI (japanese savoury pancake) whilst I was recently on holidays, anyone had the chance to taste it as well. A great blend of cabbage, spring onions (we went seafood) with ours.

Edited by Funkilicious

speaking of spilling and what-not...

I LOATHE! LOATHE! LOATHE! when I sneeze on the keyboard and I'm not quick enough to cover my mouth. it seems every time I get in front of the computer I have the desire to sneeze, and I just cannotcannotcannot cover my mouth... I should just wear a mask while gaming.

-Total

People who forget to wipe down the gym equipment after use.....now that is ewwwww

Game -> funkilicious. I have a slight OCD issue and I (reluctant to admit this) am somewhat germophobic... I have a thing that I keep purell in my uniform pockets at all times... but when someone with their germs and nastiness after working out doesnt attempt to sanitize... theres a problem there. someone at the troop does that, and theres even pieces of exercise equipment that I wont even use there now. well take care, and remember, GERM FREE'S THE WAY TO BE!

-Total

• 3 weeks later...
well take care, and remember, GERM FREE'S THE WAY TO BE!

But we never are germ free are we, its impossible..

:yay:

~Doom

That's a big problem of today, in our efforts in trying to eradicate germs we are creaing super bugs :(

My gripe today is that both the Plasma and the DVD recorder in the Home Theatre Room decided to have heart attacks, just for the tech to come and collect them, a quick $500 goes in their pocket then they will let us know what is the problem :) Though both being Panasonic there are plenty of people on the net with the same problems. I am not too sure which is a bigger gripe, having those two on the blink or having to share the other plasma with my sports mad partner .... grrrrrrr :hugs:

can one explain to me why there are people, who no matter what happens around them, are so self-absorbed in their own little world to not care about another human being?

today, Bad BAD BADBADBADBADBADBADBAD accident on Rt 1 near me. I'm off duty, at the shooting range not too far from there. the owner is a retired trooper, and he gets the call, so me, him, and my gf go to try to reder aid. tractor trailer hits a van and a pickup truck, eradicating both vehicles... we don't know how many people were in there, but they were all dead. from what I heard, the driver of the rig died too. everyone, just... dead. well, some @zz^($W* were friggin complaining and honking and clogging up the road so even policemen going with lights active couldnt get to the crash site. I never made it to the accident scene, but managed to have a 5 min trip turn into an hour nightmare. people didnt even care about the drivers and passengers that were killed, but they were asking police when the road would be clear so they could get on with their business. now, I can understand that frustration, but at the same time, there are certain things that take precedence, ya know? people need to learn patience and find compassion in their souls, or they will not lead fulfilling lives. but what gets my goat is when someone prevents another from trying to do a "good deed" when they are in the process of doing a "bad deed" no need to fly up the shoulder and cut off paramedics. none whatsoever... and whats sad is there werent enough cops around to ticket these morons, and even the cops couldnt get to the accident scene.... well my spiel is over, but really, that's climbed to the top of my list of things that really get me... -> People

-Total

• 2 weeks later...

What upset me yesterday/today:

1. They stole my bike when I was at my GF's place yesterday.

2. My dad got mad at ME because apparently I was responsible for it, because I used only one of the two locks to secure the bike, "We paid for that bike and the new lock you know!"

3. Actually knowing up front that my dad would react that way.

My wife just made me get out of bed at midnight. We packed up the kids and drove to the bank ATM and withdrew $400.00. We then drove to her brother's apartment to bring him to the impound yard It seems that his car got towed while he was enjoying a lovely meal with his wife--He parked in the disabled parking spot. :oooo: . Only for 45 minutes, he said.

Well like they say, you reap what you sow.....but he had to use my dough. Now it's 2:00 am and the wife is sleeping while I eat a Jumbo Jack.

Here's a few things that irritate me...probably could think of 100 more

• Cars with broken brake lights
  • Wet newspapers
  • Telemarketers
  • Businesses calling me then immediately asking me to hold
  • Spam email
  • The commercial "Head-On, apply directly to the head"
  • Small dogs that constantly bark
  • Rude convenience store clerks
  • Driving 30 mph in a 55 mph zone for 15 miles because you can't pass the person in front of you
  • Lanes blocked off for construction on the highway but not a worker in sight
  • Rush hour
  • Things that break one day after warranty expires

• 5 years later...

Wow, I gotta retract my statement. What I saw wasn't the real commercial, it was a man named Deon Cole (I think that's how his name's spelled) doing a parody commercial for his new show. That explains a lot, why I didn't see a fancy grill but rather an oil drum sawed in half, a party in a junkyard, etc. I should have been fully watching instead of half watching/half playing Sacred. I'll look for the real commercial. With your telemarketers, all you can do is not answer the phone. I had the displeasure of having to work as a telemarketer for a few months, both for in-bound calls and out-bound calls. I could tell a long story, but I feel like cutting to the meat of the matter. Do Not Call lists are b.s. Telemarketers don't make outbound calls, the machine does it for us. But we were told "If the person's name has a hash mark by it when it pops on your screen, it's because there on the DNC list, so be gentle with them". That's a load of crap, people get placed on the DNC for a reason. Your "press 3 to be removed from our system" is also a lie. What happens is one of two things: a) you're only removed from the system for a month, then they can call you again, or b) you're just shifted to an affiliate company. That's why I quit that job, wasn't thrilled with it to begin with, but some times in life ya gotta make sacrifices. But here's the true nature of the beast, Wolfie: once you're in the system, there's no way out, you can hit 3, you can be as rude as you possibly can to those weenies, you can be put on the DNC; it's not going to matter. OH, also, I forgot, you live in California. The rules might have changed, but in 2008, the telemarketer solicitation laws didn't apply to California, as long as the call wasn't originated in Cali.

There is one thing that you can do with live telemarketers= get them fired. Telemarketer phone systems have notoriously bad mute features. You ever wonder why you could still hear them type when they told you that you were being put on mute for a moment, or even hold? If you upset them hard enough to get them to curse, they put you on mute so they can indeed curse, and you hear them, that's instant termination. Happened several times in the office. Now the droids don't care if you curse :) But try it with a live operator once

Also, have you ever picked up the phone for a telemarketer, shouted "don't call here again" or an obsenity, then hung up, then had them call you later that day? Here's a little trick for you with live telemarketers: get them to hang up on you. See, when you pick up the phone for only a second then disconnect, their system reads it as a dropped call instead of a disconnect, and you'll be passed on to the next shift. If you stay on the phone for a minute or two and they hang up, most of the auto callers decipher that as a completed call and won't call you again for atleast 48 hours

Ironically, not 30 mins after I posted, I got another call from the same bunch of weenies. This time, they hung up about the point where I said "STOP CALLING..." the "ME" never got there...

Surveys - political or otherwise - don't really do much for me either. I keep telling them I have NO clue as to who I'm voting for - and more often than not I don't. More often than not, though - they tend to call 3 - 6 weeks in advance of the election, though - I have gotten one on election day.

Edit:

Just saw the ad again... This time was paying a bit more attention to it. It's a really nerdy looking black guy in front of a fairly expensive looking grill. There's a hip and good looking black gal talking to this hip black dude, She's talking how the nerdy guy behind the grill is kinda hot because he knows his way around it. The hip black guy's jaw is dropping a bit as he can't figure out what this nerdy guy's got that would make the gal swoon.

So in effect, what the ad is saying to me - at least - is even a nerdy guy can get lucky with the ladies if he serves KFC grilled chicken instead of trying to do it himself and making a mess of it all.

Feh.. Harmless. You can substitute any other ethnic background and it's still the same general message. Nerds can be cool if they serve KFC.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Hey guys!

Please don't get angry, throw tomaotes or call hungry dogs upon me, but a few of the posts I've had to remove are kind of treading against FDM's boundaries, politics, racism, etc.

I understand everyone wanting to talk about this stuff, but right now it's against rules...though the discussion was kinda cool ^^... which makes me post...

Are you guys are interested in having DarkMatters (After six years of vanilla posts! :bounce:) now have politics or more contentious, non-gaming topics (like serx? :o) discussable?

Is this the year DarkMatters goes Full Frontal?

:o

I just ask that someone Please open up a brand new topic, and keep this topic on-topi, and depending on what the community wants and how people feel about moderating we can take it from there...FDM...the next gen!

Thanks!

:)

gogo