Uber Overspawnage Techniques while using Lag

The Monster Smash Video is from me ....

Just a FUN Vid

2 Dwarfs and a lot of Spiders ... its simple to double Monster in Sacred but I didnt play the game ..

Sry for my english im from Germany ..

By Questions ask here im Forum I will reply it when I have time ...

Schnittchen as his "rumKugel" Dwarf on level 150 :P

Schnittchen welcome to DarkMatters!

Lol, your video has now been a source of questions across so many of the international forums!

Can you tell us how it was done?

And...have a beer at one of our bars while yer here...first one's on D.a.r.k.!

:P

gogo

It ain't that difficult.

Just run into and out of a Cave. Over and over again.

Until you think.. "Oooookay, 20x of the Usual should be enough" :P

Then you stop, watch the huuuuge Lag and then see spawning Monsters, and spawning Monsters. And more, more, more and so on :D

This could look like this:

shot0051rl2.jpg

shot0052qe5.jpg

shot0063yn3.jpg

shot0066ui3.jpg

But.. please never override that, because it causes horrible Server Lags. We all know, that Lags can be, especially in HC, very annoying ;)

Edited by Therion X

ummm I told u just a FUN VID with some Old Sacred Veterans :cow_white:

Ok here we go

Farsight :) BullFECAL MATTER! :cha (18):

U need just an High Ping

Start a Download and bring you're Ping up to 2000 and more then go quickly in the cave and out and in ..out ..in 10 times

when u go out stand still wait for an huge LAG when it comes Monsters Spawn Double or More :sweating:

Look at Monster_Smash this Terrain was actually not FULL just 30 Giant Spiders :paladin:

Try it with an High UPload to bring you're Ping over 2000

Maybe Bittorrent or somethink else......

We have a lot of more Vids with these "Spawning" Types

Its funny to Spawn Pirates, a Cave with 300 Pirates makes a lot of Fun with a Dwarf :butcher:

Take Care english Sacred players

-----

I played Sacred over 1 Year and all of my Guild Members are gone now its time to say Goodbye Sacred and wait for Sacred 2

It was an Great Game but we in our Guild found all Items have all Played over 4 Types of Chars on 216 ...

Im on Place 90 Sacred Ladder and so on

I think ill finshed with this game

sad but true :tongue:

Maybe I come back who knows that..

The German Dwarf called Rumkugel

Great guys and thanks for the explanations +++

I think most of us know about the quick into the cave and out again trick...we've been using it for secret spawns for undead caves for years now.

It's the first time I've ever seen it used for such high level monsters though, especially with spider. Very nice work Schnittchen. Is there perhaps a way that a ...dragon could be overspawned this way? I know that some others here have tried it and we even lost one person to the experment :sweating:

Our experiements with Far Sight seem, so far, to be unrelated to this trick of using this kind of lag to overspawn the spiders you did with your dwarf. It seems that there could be many different ways of over spawning.

But this cave trick you did with your dwarf is a great one.

I wonder if there are more?

:cha (18):

gogo

p.s. gorgeous overspawn pix, Therion :cow_white:

First of all.....I'm pretty sure that I'm getting experience for the far away kills. My far sight is coming dangerously close to 600 and in 4 more levels I can use my upgraded Andiell's belt and shoulders-socketed with around 160 more FS--Thanks Schot.

Don't see the need to go much farther than that. At my current level some of the red dots are partially hidden by the edges of the mini map.

The only thing now is to really push my DS to the limits. Schot assisted me in a bit of muling last night and watched in amazement as I suddenly increased my DS from 130 to 180 to create a combo. I believe that with my normal gear it's about 160 now. Just need another 390, so I have to rune farm about 1560 runes. :cow_white: .

I have my dwarf working on the task, and perhaps I'll wake up my WE and DE to assist.

I won't stop until I can cast DS from braverock and have D'cay start taking damage.

U cant overspawn Dragons not possible !

I´ll try it over 4000 times doesnt works....

The Golem Cave is the oldest trick in Sacred ..overspawn the Golems and u get huge experience and level up quickly....

We do it with Dwarfs with High Dmg output goes quicker ....

nice Screen Btw I have I think anywhere on my PC some of these I look around :P

Golems are for experience

Spiders for Items

We´ve try it at Gate of Hell in the tower and overspawned this terrain we died so quickly not possible :yay:

Awesome :)

But therion has right dont do it on a full server it causes Huges LAG and its not fair for the other :D

Sry for english im german I hope u can understand what I mean

Hey hey there Schnittchen. :D

Ah very nice suggestions about killing golems for experience and spiders for items. Spiders are always boss types so the goodies you can get from them will be great. Especially if you overspawn them. :)

Oh and no need to worry. I understood what you typed perfectly well. :P

Ah Silearth. We shall do it! One day.. lol. Well for the sake of knowing just how much FS is needed to show all enemies on the mini-map I did a little test. Seeing enemies from "corner-to-corner", not top-to-bottom or from side-to-side, seems to require 700 FS. For future reference.

I did as you suggested about running a lil test using fireball and came to some conclusions. It seems that I am not able to kill anything in the game unless they are "active". I've discovered that although FS does show us where enemies far away are on our mini-map they are not exactly active yet. If you move around while your mini-map is on you can see that as you approach enemies they seem to change from an in-active state to an active state. All enemies in the game have a kind of "route" that they walk. In-active, or very far away, enemies never move. Active enemies will move.

That said, I can't seem to have any affect on in-active enemies. :( Some good news is that occasionally I notice very far away enemies that become active briefly. One other thing is a test I did with gogo. I sent him far far away and then sent fireballs towards him which eventually he saw go past him.

So I'm wondering now if there is anyway to force the far away enemies to become active? That would be very interesting.

All in all I'm very excited to see how this could turn out. We go to Braverock... To kill D'cay! :yay:

So I uploaded a Small Preview from my new Smash Video it should be in a few days completly ready this is the first Part (The Pirates)....

Second Part ( Goblins we call it "schniepel")

Third part ( Golems )

Fourth part ( Shaddar ´Rim Riders ) ( this is a little tricky to overspawn it doesnt goes with a Dwarf I need my Demon for This )

Fith part (Ocrs)

So the Vid is uploaded a few minutes then a post the link in you're Forum ..just a preview :P

1000% DOOM ....

The Crazy Dwarf is back !!

Edited by Schnittchen

<<< CLICK

I have some Huge lags by the Movie Record its not Perfect but I think I understand what I mean with this Vid .....

Great Forum , Nice People here ,

Go On Darkmatters

We German say " Weiter so " a German Saying but I cant translate this in English ....

Plz give me Reply on the Vid

Rumkugel aka Schnitty

Edited by Schnittchen
We German say " Weiter so " a German Saying but I cant translate this in English ....

Müsste keep it up heißen. :4rofl:

By the Way, funny Video. It's always nice to see overfilled Caves :cha (18):

That's the way hard areas should look in Sacred 2. Maybe great for leveling, but I bet not that many is willing to take that great risks on HC, because taking down that many monsters needs more than just good damage..

Nice video.

I level HC , SC with overspawn Caves or Terraines it makes more FUN

THE NAME IS HARDCORE ... and I´ll play HARDCORE with my overfilled Caves and trust me nothing come to my Dwarf nothing will stand after I shoot the Flamethrower.. Undeads have no Resist against Fire ... THE BURN and BURN and I eat a Cake :cha (18):

I love to play Crazy when I die ..FECAL MATTER! happens and believe me my 206 Demon Ripped by such an try to make an HC VID with overspawn Caves

BAD DAY !

A Make a new Char and play once again :4rofl: thats the Game

hehe Excellent video! Where was my invite to your BBQ? replied on youtube also but it seems a pixie here was already logged in lol

A Make a new Char and play once again thats the Game

Thats the fun of HC you just never know when the Reaper will come knocking :lol:

Looking forward to your next video. What is gamecam is it an easy programme to use?

Great Hc attitude, Schnittchen. Die and rebuild. Though, it terrifies me...yeah I know that's what we're supposed to think, lol!

And yeah, ob is right...it's a big risk taker...but man...huge levelling opportunities. ^^

Woot!

:lol:

gogo

Overspawning is Dangerous !

My Dwarf is level 153 SC and 100 HC

level 153 ~100K Dmg for 5 Sec Long Range ( it meens nothing come nearly enough to me to kick me :lol: )

I think I have a good Equipment to do this and a good skilled Char ........

I wrote guides to this Game make Vids play in the Ladder over 1 Year I think I Know what I do...

When I Fall and the Reaper get me ....... S h ! T happens .... Sacred is a lovely Game and I´ll play it a very long time ..... SC and HC

In our Guild we make a lot of Crazy thinks .... why ?

FUN just FUN

We go out I the Gate of Hell ( and overspawn the complety Terrain ) we all died so quickly ..... What a fun ( 216 SC Chars btw )

I make a new Vid to show u how funny is overspawning :D

Rumkugel aka Schnitty

You make me regret I deleted my magic WE she was da bomb, was over the top, full meg's and some other stuff ^^ level 173 she was till I got the HC buzz and needed space...

Sylph

PS hope to see tyour movies soon!

You make me regret I deleted my magic WE she was da bomb, was over the top, full meg's and some other stuff ^^ level 173 she was till I got the HC buzz and needed space...

Sylph

PS hope to see tyour movies soon!

Can anybody translate me that in easier english I didnt understand that ... thx

I have a prob with the Vids my Pc is Crashed so that I sit on a AMD 1000 with 1GB Ram and GF2 MX 400

Its hard to Play and make a Vid by that ( ~ 15FPS ). :woot:

I give my best ........

Schnittchen

So Goblin Smash is uploaded just a few minutes then I give u the link to watch and comment the Vid ....

<< click

Sry for the bad qualtiy but my PC is damaged and with a Geforce 2 is to make Vids the fully Horror :angry:

A question I have ...

Is anybody here the can cut all my Vid´s to one Full Vid so we have a fully complete Overspawn Vid :P ?

Thx Schnittchen aka "Rumkugel" the Overspawn Dwarf :) (now level 154) *hehe*

Edited by Schnittchen
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest FrostElfTwin

The Exit-Enter Schtick

People were using the enter-exit idea with the ghost cave years ago.

They'd enter the ghost cave, and exit. Enter and exit. Over and over. Then enter and use and area of effect spell or CA.

Mow 'em down.

Why does this work?

Well. The server has to handle everybody's game view. I guess it will rotate between the active players and give them the new game states for them.

If you exit and enter you put a lot of work on the servers queue of things to do.

Then you do it again. It hasn't processed everyone's data yet, so it just adds it to back of the queue.

Due to online states getting mixed up sometimes, (Sacred not knowing where your character is on the screen), it accepts current data as correct.

(I see this with my two screens operating at the same time. Often, characters are not in the same places on both screens)

So, you're marked as exited...but you're there. So, the game accepts you're there.

You get the spawns you deserve, (the ones generated from the current time you entered the area) and all the others that resolve from the queue of work to do.

The game doesn't check to see if you've got your set amount yet. Bet you that it checks for Sacred 2!

Now, if you add in Far Sight. You increase the number of spawn nodes possible. (Spawn nodes are spots where monsters could spawn. If you play in the valley like I've done you know after a while where you need to run to find your next batch of dark elves...so you head there quick!)

Now, if you add in Schot's run around... you again increase the number of active spawn nodes.

If you pick goblins as your choice of spawn, you get spawns that can keep up with (almost) the fastest of characters.

Add in a weaving path...and you get massive xp.

Wow.

• 2 months later...

Hi there wuzzywezzer and welcome to darkmatters my friend. :whip:

Funny you should ask because someone on the HC servers asked a similar question. To my knowledge and as I have recently been told, it is nearly impossible to overspawn when you are by yourself. Certainly give this a try though. From the start of this topic you can read great instruction on how to do this. :whip:

I think a special note is required at this time regarding the Overspawning technique.

The HC servers have suffered severe lag in the wake of this techniques popularity. It is in my experience that this technique can have a serious impact on the games performance no matter where a player is on the map. And I quote from this topic:

But therion has right dont do it on a full server it causes Huges LAG and its not fair for the other
Well. The server has to handle everybody's game view. I guess it will rotate between the active players and give them the new game states for them.

If you exit and enter you put a lot of work on the servers queue of things to do.

Then you do it again. It hasn't processed everyone's data yet, so it just adds it to back of the queue.